**Random FOOTBALL Thoughts That Don't Warrant Full Threads**

CHFF has '2010 Final Team Ratings', fwiw. I guess the Pats should have won the SB last year. With the improved D, I can't wait til the 2011 numbers come out.

First, we calculated the rusher rating of each NFL team last year. Interestingly, New England finished No. 1, largely because the team was so incredibly careful with the ball: just nine fumbles all year, easily the fewest in the NFL.

So the Patriots combined the league’s highest rated passing attack with the highest-rated rushing attack. No wonder they went 14-2 and easily scored more points than any other team.

The next step was to produce a total team offensive rating, combining rusher rating with passer rating. We weighted the individual components based on the number of attempts to calculate the overall offensive rating.

This same concept can then be applied to the defensive side of the ball. So the final step was to combine both to provide a Total Team Rating.
http://coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_3862_Tracking_the_NFL's_most_effective_teams.html

I have a suggested rule change.

Section 65, Article 40: Any brother in long dreads or white dude sporting Thorlocks shall be required to have their name moved below the numbers on the back of the jersey and fully readable. Violations of this rule will result in a 10-yard penalty and the offender will be required to get a "boys regular" haircut before they are allowed back on the field.

I have a suggested rule change.

Section 65, Article 40: Any brother in long dreads or white dude sporting Thorlocks shall be required to have their name moved below the numbers on the back of the jersey and fully readable. Violations of this rule will result in a 10-yard penalty and the offender will be required to get a "boys regular" haircut before they are allowed back on the field.

Have you seen the little blurb on NFLN's teaser for the Packer's 'America's Game'? Rodgers is talking about Clay Matthew's hair and compares him to Fabio when he takes his helmet off and whips his hair back "It's ridiculous" - ROFL

Have you seen the little blurb on NFLN's teaser for the Packer's 'America's Game'? Rodgers is talking about Clay Matthew's hair and compares him to Fabio when he takes his helmet off and whips his hair back "It's ridiculous" - ROFL

ROFL

I have seen that and ARodg is completely right.

The hair thing is sweeping the league. Just about everybody on Miami has dreads and I haven't seen so many white dudes with long hair since before the invention of sensimilla. I think Clay Jr. has definitely influenced the new wave of football Fabios, but there was a bunch of them in the early 70's.

I tried to remember who the first NFL player to wear dreads was, but couldn't recall. I did a little research and many people say it was Ricky who was drafted in '99. I recall Ditka wearing a dread wig at the PC announcing the selection, so maybe that is correct.

Whoever it was, this thing is totally out of control.

Get a haircut, hippies! :thwak:

I know Brooks Reed had many fans here pre-draft, and he is an interesting prospect, but am I the only one who thinks he wouldn't have as many fans if his hair wasn't reminiscent of Clay Matthews?

I think there may be some style over substance going on here.
Posted via Mobile Device

I know Brooks Reed had many fans here pre-draft, and he is an interesting prospect, but am I the only one who thinks he wouldn't have as many fans if his hair wasn't reminiscent of Clay Matthews?

I think there may be some style over substance going on here.
Posted via Mobile Device

You're probably right. OTOH, I was liking his college production long before I knew anything about his hair. When I did finally see a picture of him, the hair thing kinda felt like a negative to me.

You're probably right. OTOH, I was liking his college production long before I knew anything about his hair. When I did finally see a picture of him, the hair thing kinda felt like a negative to me.
Careful, next thing you know MEPatnut will be typing something like this: "I'll always keep mine trimmed short for you big guy." We have reason to believe he's sleeping with PATSNUTme and Paranoid Patriot, so what's one more Mainiac locked in his shed with him?

OT: Edelbinky has that shaggy 'just used by the D-line' look going for him too. :thwak:

It was fun watching him rushing vs. the Jets, because he was just running right over and through McKnight, who is not exactly a block of granite back there. The announcers were having a good time watching the mismatch.

I was pretty surprised to hear Dungy speak out against the limit on padded practices during the SD-Dall game. He said that if the Colts had to adhere to that rule in 06, they wouldn't have won the SB because he felt his D needed to be in pads to help fix their run stopping issues and it did just that.

Another thing that occurs to me and may be wayyyy off base:
Might the new looks we are seeing on D have more to do w/ third down than anything else? Pats D hasn't been horrible in PA even with having problems rushing the passer etc. But they have long been pretty poor on third down. It seems to me that when you are the suXX0rs on 3rd down, that means to me that you are on the field way way WAYYYYY too long and your guys wear down. Having a tough running attack will help the D stay fresh also.

About Randy from MMQ

. I think I forgot this pro-Randy Moss story from my note about Moss and Patriots owner Robert Kraft a couple of weeks ago. Moss has been a consistent supporter of former Patriot teammate Heath Evans' charity work, and he was at a golf tournament in Florida for the charity when he came upon a pregnant woman working a beverage cart on the course.
According to Evans, Moss said to the woman she looked too far along to be working a golf tournament; the woman said she was on the verge of giving birth, but she needed the money, so she had to work. Moss reached into his pocket, according to Evans, pulled out a wad of cash, handed her the entire amount and told her, "Go home. Please.'' And she did.
I tell the story not to say Moss is Mr. Wonderful; Lord knows he's had enough problems with the press and public in his career. It's just that those who know him are convinced there are enough stories about the good side of Moss that have never been told.

He might be a little crazy at time, but overall a good guy.

SSDD

About Randy from MMQ

He might be a little crazy at time, but overall a good guy.

SSDD

Just one more reason to be a fan of the most talented receiver in the history of the NFL, Randy Moss.

:)

I've been thinking, we give Theisman a lot of crap for his comment, but can we say with certainly that Norman Einstein wasn't a genius?

Watching the Bengals play the Rat Bastards, and it hit me...

I hate the Jests so much that I want to jump through the tv screen and throttle the Jets' announcers.....

When you recall that he in the incumbent starter, and that he was as good as your could possibly expect from a rookie QB in his 3 starts, i hate what they're doing to him.
No way he can be behind Quinn

Mayby they realized there mistake in drafting him. I still thought they reached for him in the first round last year. He did look descent in a couple of games last year. Can he read defenses and make the smart throws.

IM from my friend that i found funny in the sense that "you might be on to something.." type of way...

Today

Report · 12:08am
patriots are playin chess no checkesr

haynesworth not in shape
get him in shape hide behind the legal front
work with the strength coach
bam hes back in practice in beast mmode shape
shannahan makes a circus out of it
belichick > shannahan

Back