**Random FOOTBALL Thoughts That Don't Warrant Full Threads**

Just gotta vent: I am 100% fed up with all the over the top hyperbole going on with the announcers these days (or prolly forever), namely, any time somebody makes a one-handed catch anymore it's the MOST AMAZING, FABULOUS, ASTONISHING CATCH OF ALL TIME THAT I'VE EVER SEEN IN 9,000 YEARS OF WATCHING FOOTBALL!

In the last 2 weeks, I've heard about the MOST AMAZING CATCH OF ALL TIME at least 20 times about 20 different catches. "Great catch" should suffice.

Euf awreddy.

:rolleyes:

And every player is a superstar.

best-snl-molly-shannon-mary-catherine1_500x342.jpg

NFL 2015: A Bad Lipreading

Not epic, but good for a few giggles, at least. Or chuckles, for the +MMs. Either way, I think we could all use some. :)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/OTRmyXX6ipU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

NFL 2015: A Bad Lipreading

Not epic, but good for a few giggles, at least. Or chuckles, for the +MMs. Either way, I think we could all use some. :)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/OTRmyXX6ipU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Some of these are really funny indeed. Funyons!

ROFL

Jailed fan suing NFL for $88 billion over Dez Bryant non-catch vs. Packers

Colorado man Terry Hendrix is suing the NFL, Rodger Goodell, Dean Blandino and Gene Steratore, alleging "negligence, breach of fiduciary duty and also wreckless (sic) disregard". The damages requested: $88,987,654,321.88, a tip of the cap to his case at hand, which centers on the overturned catch by Dez Bryant that arguably swung the Cowboys-Packers divisional round playoff game.
Hendrix's -- handwritten -- suit states the following:
"For the theft from and the loss of a Super Bowl, against and upon the hearts, minds, and souls of, but not limited to: Dez Bryant #88, the 2014/15 on-field offense of and to include all cheeerrrrleaders, fans of and all people in or from the sovereign republic of Texas, we the respondent(s) file this our notice of intent to file suit against and upon these respondent(s) captioned herein for the sum certain amount of money $88,987,654,321.88."
Hendrix's suit is handwritten because he is currently an inmate in the Colorado penal system. If the case is not immediately dismissed -- there is exactly a zero percent chance it is not immediately dismissed -- he might want to call Packers cornerback Sam Shields as a witness. Shields, who was covering Dez Bryant on the play, said on Thursday, “It was a catch. But the new rule and at the last minute what happened, that's what the refs came up with. I never said he didn't catch it. He made a helluva catch I was in great coverage. Like I said, it was good on good and he came up with the catch.”

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...-billion-over-dez-bryant-non-catch-vs-packers

I concur with Hendrix's opinion that Bryant caught the ball.

Hope that helps.

Romina Foster (Arian's wife) has a clothing line with tshirts for all 32 teams. Some are cool, some meh, but I want me that cover 2 t-shirt!

http://www.covuclothing.com/collections/all

Saw that on First Take this morning, I think they are ugly as all hell, lol. The cover 2 one isn't bad though....

Probably doesn't help that I don't understand the Patriots one at all.

Why are there four asterisks in the thread title? Psychic, are you. I kid, I kid. :tongue:

Saw that on First Take this morning, I think they are ugly as all hell, lol. The cover 2 one isn't bad though....

Probably doesn't help that I don't understand the Patriots one at all.

Pat Patriot wears a tricorne hat in an early Patriots logo.

6a00d8341c55aa53ef0105366745d4970c-pi

I think the original Patriots logo was this one:

3u242t6gg9tfs8s6rowit5har.gif

Colorado man Terry Hendrix is suing the NFL, Rodger Goodell, Dean Blandino and Gene Steratore, alleging "negligence, breach of fiduciary duty and also wreckless (sic) disregard". The damages requested: $88,987,654,321.88, a tip of the cap to his case at hand, which centers on the overturned catch by Dez Bryant that arguably swung the Cowboys-Packers divisional round playoff game.
Hendrix's -- handwritten -- suit states the following:
"For the theft from and the loss of a Super Bowl, against and upon the hearts, minds, and souls of, but not limited to: Dez Bryant #88, the 2014/15 on-field offense of and to include all cheeerrrrleaders, fans of and all people in or from the sovereign republic of Texas, we the respondent(s) file this our notice of intent to file suit against and upon these respondent(s) captioned herein for the sum certain amount of money $88,987,654,321.88."
Hendrix's suit is handwritten because he is currently an inmate in the Colorado penal system. If the case is not immediately dismissed -- there is exactly a zero percent chance it is not immediately dismissed -- he might want to call Packers cornerback Sam Shields as a witness. Shields, who was covering Dez Bryant on the play, said on Thursday, “It was a catch. But the new rule and at the last minute what happened, that's what the refs came up with. I never said he didn't catch it. He made a helluva catch I was in great coverage. Like I said, it was good on good and he came up with the catch.”

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...-billion-over-dez-bryant-non-catch-vs-packers
He spells respondents and sovereign correctly? I liked his CHEEERRRLEADERS thing. Nice touch. This can't be real. Still good, though.

Gotta love Michael Irvin telling it like it is (as usual):

Heard him this a.m. in a previously recorded interview from media row. Standing up for Tom Brady's character wrt his "deflategate" presser, about some [media] people were saying that he was lying. Paraphrasing a bit, but he said that they had no cause to say that because TB has never given anybody reason to question his character either on or off the field. The best bit is that he added "Can you imagine if it was Peyton Manning?" He said NOBODY would question if Peyton was lying for even a second. And that if somebody [a media person] did dare to say Peyton was lying, "they wouldn't have a job" after that. Ain't THAT the goddam truth. :shake:

Gotta love Michael Irvin telling it like it is (as usual):

Heard him this a.m. in a previously recorded interview from media row. Standing up for Tom Brady's character wrt his "deflategate" presser, about some [media] people were saying that he was lying. Paraphrasing a bit, but he said that they had no cause to say that because TB has never given anybody reason to question his character either on or off the field. The best bit is that he added "Can you imagine if it was Peyton Manning?" He said NOBODY would question if Peyton was lying for even a second. And that if somebody [a media person] did dare to say Peyton was lying, "they wouldn't have a job" after that. Ain't THAT the goddam truth. :shake:

Irvin has been sticking up for the Pats anytime I've seen/heard him this week. Props to him as he seems to be one of the few non-ex-pats doing so!

Back