Random Jets Stuff Thread

http://www.examiner.com/article/new-york-jets-defense-collapses-as-the-team-gets-drubbed-49-9

<HEADER class="article-header sports node node-story node-promoted mode-full">New York Jets defense collapses as the team gets drubbed 49-9
m

lg.php

</HEADER><ASIDE class="inset promoted-media ">
</ASIDE>October 28, 2013

There are not many ways to sugarcoat the New York Jets performance on Sunday against the Cincinnati Bengals. Gang Green was completely dominated on both sides of the ball with the game basically over at halftime. The Bengals are one of the best teams in the AFC, but this was truly a putrid effort by Gang Green.

Offense
Manhandled in the trenches- The Jets offensive line had a nightmare of day trying to slow down the aggressive Cincinnati Defense. New York’s unit yielded 4 sacks, while struggling mightily in run blocking.
Geno struggles- Geno Smith was put behind the eight ball early on as the Jets were quickly behind 14-0. The rookie faced consistent pressure in the pocket and received zero support from the running game. As the second half opened Geno threw a dreadful pick six, which all but ended the game for the Jets. Smith’s second pick six was a perfect example of a frustrated quarterback making a very rookie mistake.
Nelson toughs it- Wide receiver David Nelson played his heart out on Sunday as he caught 8 passes for 80 yards. Nelson seemed to fight for every yard after the catch while he appeared to be battling injuries.
Lack of playmakers- In a game like this the Jets lack of gamebreaking players on offense became blatantly obvious. With the running game stalled the receivers had a hard time getting open and making plays in space. Once tight end Jeff Cumberland went out with an injury the passing game became an absolute mess.

Defense
Milliner lost- Another tough game for rookie defensive back Dee Milliner. Andy Dalton and the Bengals offense went after the rookie early and often and Milliner had no answers. Dee appeared lost on the field and was replaced by Darrin Walls. At this point Rex Ryan should start Walls until Milliner A) gets healthy B) gets his confidence back C) starts playing at a much higher level.
Cromartie struggles- Antonio Cromartie’s average season continues as the former Pro-Bowl corner struggled on Sunday. Cromartie was beaten deep several times and just seemed like he was either confused or playing hurt.
Where is Coples? Another quiet game for linebacker Quinton Coples as he had 2 tackles and 3 assists. The Jets linebacker has to start making plays off of the edge in order to help take some pressure off of the guys in the middle.

Overall
This loss was a total team collapse. The Jets defense had no answers for the Bengals high- octane offense. Gang Green’s offense was basically stuck in the mud as they settled for field goals instead of getting touchdowns when given the opportunity. Even special teams contributed with some poor tackling as they yielded some big returns.
All in all it was just a dreadful day for the New York Jets. Was it a season ending loss? No. Does this mean that the Jets are the worst team in the NFL? No. Rex Ryan and his team will just need to regroup and learn from the experience. At 4-4 the New York Jets remain in the hunt for a playoff spot. That is all you can ask from a young team that is somewhat learning on the fly with a rookie quarterback.

I think the jetsam were still basking in the glory of last week's win, and felt the team turned a corner. They are more cocky than good.

yep.....that must be it

http://forums.newyorkjets.com/showthread.php?t=16314

<table class="tborder" style="border-bottom-width:0px" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="tcat" width="100%">
</td> <td style="cursor: pointer;" class="vbmenu_control" id="threadtools" nowrap="nowrap"> Thread Tools
menu_open.gif
</td> <td style="cursor: pointer;" class="vbmenu_control" id="displaymodes" nowrap="nowrap"> Display Modes
menu_open.gif
</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <table class="tborder" id="post214834" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr> <td class="thead"> #1
post_old.gif
Yesterday, 08:04 PM
</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="padding:0px"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="6" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2"></td> <td nowrap="nowrap"> Cheaterhater
user_offline.gif

Pro Bowler
</td> <td width="100%"> </td> <td nowrap="nowrap" valign="top"> Join Date: Aug 2010

</td> </tr> </tbody></table> </td> </tr> <tr> <td class="alt1" id="td_post_214834">
icon1.gif
We Beat The Cheatos
<hr style="color:; background-color:" size="1"> We Beat the Cheatos! We beat the cheatos!! We beat the Cheatos!!! Last week was the superbowl for me. Guess it was for the Jets too. I was pretty sure we were losing today but didn't think by 40 points. Lucky for me this one wasn't on tv here so I can't comment on anything other then it must have been a total team collapse. But cheer up everybody cause we did beat the Cheaters last week!! And we probably gave them one of only 3 or 4 losses they will get this season. Only 2 teams left on there schedule have winning records right now. Carolina and Denver. And Denvers Manning never beats them. So they will remember losing to us .
redface.gif

</td></tr></tbody></table>

:coffee:

Wow, this thread has taken a turn. Is this where you go when you're frustrated with your life?

Please change the title to "Punch a Jets fan for fun"

I haven't read where it turned but these guys have seemed to be okay in the past.

http://forums.newyorkjets.com/showthread.php?t=16314

<TABLE class=tborder style="BORDER-BOTTOM-WIDTH: 0px" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR> <TD class=tcat width="100%">

</TD> <TD id=threadtools class=vbmenu_control style="CURSOR: pointer" noWrap> Thread Tools
menu_open.gif
</TD> <TD id=displaymodes class=vbmenu_control style="CURSOR: pointer" noWrap> Display Modes
menu_open.gif
</TD> </TR></TBODY></TABLE> <TABLE id=post214834 class=tborder cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR> <TD class=thead> #1
post_old.gif
Yesterday, 08:04 PM

</TD></TR><TR> <TD class=alt2 style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-TOP: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px"> <TABLE cellSpacing=6 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0> <TBODY><TR> <TD class=alt2></TD> <TD noWrap> Cheaterhater
user_offline.gif

Pro Bowler

</TD> <TD width="100%"></TD> <TD vAlign=top noWrap> Join Date: Aug 2010

</TD> </TR> </TBODY></TABLE> </TD></TR><TR> <TD id=td_post_214834 class=alt1>
icon1.gif
We Beat The Cheatos
<HR style="COLOR: " SIZE=1> We Beat the Cheatos! We beat the cheatos!! We beat the Cheatos!!! Last week was the superbowl for me. Guess it was for the Jets too. I was pretty sure we were losing today but didn't think by 40 points. Lucky for me this one wasn't on tv here so I can't comment on anything other then it must have been a total team collapse. But cheer up everybody cause we did beat the Cheaters last week!! And we probably gave them one of only 3 or 4 losses they will get this season. Only 2 teams left on there schedule have winning records right now. Carolina and Denver. And Denvers Manning never beats them. So they will remember losing to us .
redface.gif

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

:coffee:

So you go to that forum.......and cherry pick out a post that does what ? That's right.....this forum has NO homers that get off on anything negative about the Jets

Wow, this thread has taken a turn. Is this where you go when you're frustrated with your life?

Please change the title to "Punch a Jets fan for fun"

I haven't read where it turned but these guys have seemed to be okay in the past.
I'm still friggin awesome !!!!!!!:celebrate:

I do think last week's win played into things a little, but more than that I think Cincy is a good team at home and they're very good on both lines, great at frustrating a qb which led to turnovers yesterday. Unfortunately for the Jets (but fortunately for me), those turnovers led to immediate points after having given up too much early already. So there was no running the football and you guys were forced to play Geno in an uncomfortable role, methinks.

Plus, Cromartie needs to shut up about being a different type of corner that can shut down AJ Green easily. He looked woeful out there from what I saw.

I do think last week's win played into things a little, but more than that I think Cincy is a good team at home and they're very good on both lines, great at frustrating a qb which led to turnovers yesterday. Unfortunately for the Jets (but fortunately for me), those turnovers led to immediate points after having given up too much early already. So there was no running the football and you guys were forced to play Geno in an uncomfortable role, methinks.

Plus, Cromartie needs to shut up about being a different type of corner that can shut down AJ Green easily. He looked woeful out there from what I saw.
I'm sure the Jets had a false sense of optimism coming off of the previous win......but there is no reason for that IMO. Cincy is defly a good team....Jets are still a 5-6 win team IMO also. Jets played horribly in every aspect of the game....Cincy played well. Cro is not having a very good season at all........the Jets secondary is average at best. Jets deserved to lose and lose badly.

They will 99 % lose next week as well.

I still see them as a 5-6 win team....BUT coming out of the bye, their schedule is favorable.....so making the playoffs is not completely irrational. It's highly unlikely IMO....but defly not out of the question

To me, it's much more feasible the NYJ make the playoffs than that Mia does. I'm "old school" and I'll never count out a team with a good defense. And yes the NYJ have a good defense despite yesterday.
I don't know if the NYJ "shot their wad" last week vs the Pats but there's plenty of evidence from comments RR himself has made that he considers beating NE to be a (not "THE", "A") benchmark for the team, probably because of NE's wining the division a good bit of the time. Most coaches I know of have the goal of winning the division and you can't do that without knocking off the perennial division winners. So there's nothing wrong with it a a goal...I just think that it's possible RR overemphasizes the two games vs the Pats each year in the media and to his team (which is the more important of the two) and when the NYJ lose they are devastated beyond where they should be over one game and when they win, maybe they are excited past where they should be for one game.

During FNIA last night, Dungy (OF COURSE) says to Rodney that maybe the NYJ loss to Cincy shows that the Pats aren't as good as people think. Now me personally as a Pats fan, I don't think the Pats ARE that great...right now. I do like that they are winning while their QB is playing subpar, they are showing some mental toughness and improvement on defense from prior years despite missing a lot of key pieces and I hope that TB's WTFness is temporary..but I digress. I tend to think it points more to how different divisional games can be from non divisional ones and how much harder to predict divisional ones because teams know each other better.

To me, it's much more feasible the NYJ make the playoffs than that Mia does. I'm "old school" and I'll never count out a team with a good defense. And yes the NYJ have a good defense despite yesterday.

During FNIA last night, Dungy (OF COURSE) says to Rodney that maybe the NYJ loss to Cincy shows that the Pats aren't as good as people think. Now me personally as a Pats fan, I don't think the Pats ARE that great...right now. I do like that they are winning while their QB is playing subpar, they are showing some mental toughness and improvement on defense from prior years despite missing a lot of key pieces and I hope that TB's WTFness is temporary..but I digress. I tend to think it points more to how different divisional games can be from non divisional ones and how much harder to predict divisional ones because teams know each other better.
I look at the Pats team....and I have to be honest...I have no idea how they are 6-2. Brady is having a very off season for him....he has no consistent WR's with experience.....the Pats have a lot of injuries as well. But who cares....6-2 is 6-2.......and now if Amendola stays healthy (hahahaha) and Gronk back.......those are some impressive additions.

Pats of course will win the division again......but looking at the entire afc....and the schedule the Jets have after the bye....there is a decent chance the Jets make the final wildcard spot .......if that were to happen......they would defly be 1 and done.......but I'll get myself excited when they win two in a row (if ever)

I look at the Pats team....and I have to be honest...I have no idea how they are 6-2.

Now see there? If you read PFT you would know why they are 6-2:
Refs
Cheating
Refs who cheat for them
Cameras
Soft schedule every year that Kraft arranges for them with Goodell
:tongue:

To date, I look at this being what the 09 Pats team might have been if they had any mental toughness and football character. Not the best team, but competitive despite a lot of adversity. 09 team didn't handle adversity well. At all.

Now see there? If you read PFT you would know why they are 6-2:
Refs
Cheating
Refs who cheat for them
Cameras
Soft schedule every year that Kraft arranges for them with Goodell
:tongue:

To date, I look at this being what the 09 Pats team might have been if they had any mental toughness and football character. Not the best team, but competitive despite a lot of adversity. 09 team didn't handle adversity well. At all.
then they just aren't very good at cheating....because if they were, they'd be 8-0......slackers

These "Jets won their SB" posts really are idiotic. Say what you will.....but do you count divisional championships as your SB ? ...because your mighty patriots have done crap in the playoffs for a loooooooong time........remember now, there are no moral victories in losing......so you can't start piping off about "at least we make the playoffs"
What a dumb post. Making the playoffs is the goal of the regular season.

Yesterday was just a pure ass whoopin, no other way to say it. This is an extremely frustrating season so far and I'm guessing it'll continue to be. They were totally out played, out coached and the game was essentially over after the first qtr.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back