Rays bandwagoners still haven't reappeared

Reaction score
What gives? It's almost the end of May and they have the best record in baseball.

I'm down in the Tampa area for the summer on an internship and they still haven't returned.

I didn't make it to the game last night because I wanted to watch the Celtics, couldn't do it tonight, and tomorrow night I'm hesitant because again, the Celtics.

I'm not there, I haven't been to the Trop yet, but STILL. Against their biggest rival tonight? 24,000 fans, not even 70% full.

It's absolutely pathetic.

This is why Tampa fans are the absolute worst in sports. It's bar none. No other fan are absolute fairweather trash like these d-bags.

No money for tickets. Tampa area has been totally decimated by the economy. I mean ravaged.

Don't you get 2 hot dogs and a drink with every ticket there?

Also, the collapse in 2008 was RIGHT during the Rays playoff run.

ya know, the only time the Rays have ever sold out on a consecutive basis.

Economy excuses don't fly.

The Tigers, in Detroit (somebody told me they have economic problems :coffee:) check in about 10 spots higher than the Rays in terms of attendance.

Don't you get 2 hot dogs and a drink with every ticket there?

That's been a promotion at one point. They've done all sorts of desperate things over the years to try to beg people to come, and as we can see, it's rarely worked.

I did like Dollar Dog Night on Friday nights that they had in 2008. Too bad that's gone. In 2008, they had that and $7 tickets for college kids on Friday nights as well. Unfortunately that was the only year that the Rays "fans" have decided to come, so the experience beyond that was miserable. The fact that I've spent under $20 doesn't make up for me almost getting into fights with 20 differnet asshole bandwagoners.

That's been a promotion at one point. They've done all sorts of desperate things over the years to try to beg people to come, and as we can see, it's rarely worked.

I did like Dollar Dog Night on Friday nights that they had in 2008. Too bad that's gone. In 2008, they had that and $7 tickets for college kids on Friday nights as well. Unfortunately that was the only year that the Rays "fans" have decided to come, so the experience beyond that was miserable. The fact that I've spent under $20 doesn't make up for me almost getting into fights with 20 differnet asshole bandwagoners.

I thought that would be the best part :shrug:

:D

I thought that would be the best part :shrug:

:D

To be honest, I prefer dealing in hostility with true fans. A true Yankee fan, though I'll hate the team and probably hate his guts too, it's still somewhat better.

That, and the fact that I did say "almost." If it were actual fights of me breaking their faces in, that'd be better. Of course, I'd be in jail, so it wouldn't be worth it either.

Half of which were probably Sox fans

True.

Previously, they're used to be a lot more Sox fans at the games too.

I know for a fact that there were some "Rays fans' that were previously Sox/Braves/Yankees fans. But now they're not.

None of you know how pissed I was in 2008, when my friends that I grew up with, that used to borrow my Sox shit for Sox/Rays games were all "FVCK BOSTON" and claiming to be true diehards. :cuss:

To be honest, I prefer dealing in hostility with true fans. A true Yankee fan, though I'll hate the team and probably hate his guts too, it's still somewhat better.

That, and the fact that I did say "almost." If it were actual fights of me breaking their faces in, that'd be better. Of course, I'd be in jail, so it wouldn't be worth it either.

No, jail would suck. In a big town, at least.

Lol, the jail here has like 3 doods in it. And it's for child support or some dumb shit like that.

No, jail would suck. In a big town, at least.

Lol, the jail here has like 3 doods in it. And it's for child support or some dumb shit like that.

Otis?:p

I love that they have stats for their inmates, especially Gender-

Male- 5004
Female- 1695
Other- 3861

ROFL

WTF?

I don't think most counties do this. My dad loves looking through these and then texting me when I'm up in Providence about my old high school friends getting pinched. ROFL

True.

I know for a fact that there were some "Rays fans' that were previously Sox/Braves/Yankees fans. But now they're not.

None of you know how pissed I was in 2008, when my friends that I grew up with, that used to borrow my Sox shit for Sox/Rays games were all "FVCK BOSTON" and claiming to be true diehards. :cuss:

The ratio does seem to favoring the Rays now. The lets go Red Sox chant actually got drowned out by boos today. It used to sound almost like Fenway

True.

Wow. That's pathetic.

Do they still have that fan who picks out a different opposing player every night to rag on when they bat?

He was pretty funny

IIRC, I stopped hearing him during the playoffs of their WS appearance, but I wasn't sure if it was simply that they finally had enough fans to drown out his voice or he stopped going.

Do they still have that fan who picks out a different opposing player every night to rag on when they bat?

He was pretty funny

IIRC, I stopped hearing him during the playoffs of their WS appearance, but I wasn't sure if it was simply that they finally had enough fans to drown out his voice or he stopped going.

I havent heard him this series.

I think the rays had something to do with him not being as vocal..

He was pretty funny

One of the funniest things I ever saw-

I was watching an O's-Rays game a few years ago, and this guy decided that Tejada was going to be his target that night. Tejada proceeds to 5 for 5 with 6 RBI. After singled in his last AB, they panned to the guy, who stood up and gave the "we're not worthy" :bow:. It was awesome because he showed that he wasn't just a loudmouthed jackass, but rather a true sportsman.

Back