Reality check..team has one weakness..and it's a biggie

elondon

Reaction score
There is one thing holding this team back from greatness...
I don't know why people are blaming offense. Maybe Brady had bad game, but he is one of the most consistent performers week in and week out on the team. EVERY week it's the same old story. The defensive SECONDARY for the Patriots is HORRENDOUS!!!! They can't even perform their most basic assignments.

If you're a safety you CANNOT get beat deep!!! If you're a corner with 1 on 1 coverage on outside, you CANNOT let the wide receiver run by you!! It not like they get beat once or twice a game. Every game we see the opposing WR's run by patriots DBs three or four times. Sometimes they get away with it, sometimes the offense picks up slack, and other times the defensive line covers up mistakes with pressure, but until the Patriots secondary do their job this team is going NO WHERE.
You think Eli Manning will have trouble putting up 30+ points on this team?? I don't think the Pats offense can score that much against a good team.

We've seen Nate Solder and young players on offensive line develop into fine players. Why can't the Patriots ever get the most out of their young DBs. At this point, I'm beginning to wonder about coaching. How can this many DBs by this bad? Never seen anything like it. The only secondary player drafted under Belichick era to succeed was Asante Samuel (you could make case for Patrick Chung too). Yes, I know playing in secondary is a lot more complicated and demanding from athletic prospective, but when you look at what they've invested with draft picks, etc and look at final product on field, can't help but wonder what wtF is going on.

OUCH....BUT TRUE

time to get a guy in with stones to tell BB he is wrong in his drafting of DB's

Is it drafting though? I keep thinking of Houston who had the worst pass defense in the NFL, hired Wade and then they are number 1....maybe its more than just the players, maybe the players need to be guided...I see talent in a lot of them, its just inconsistent. I am not saying BB needs to go, I just think he needs to hire a real defensive coordinator or secondary coach.

I don't know why people are blaming offense. Maybe Brady had bad game, but he is one of the most consistent performers week in and week out on the team. EVERY week it's the same old story. The defensive SECONDARY for the Patriots is HORRENDOUS!!!! They can't even perform their most basic assignments.

If you're a safety you CANNOT get beat deep!!! If you're a corner with 1 on 1 coverage on outside, you CANNOT let the wide receiver run by you!! It not like they get beat once or twice a game. Every game we see the opposing WR's run by patriots DBs three or four times. Sometimes they get away with it, sometimes the offense picks up slack, and other times the defensive line covers up mistakes with pressure, but until the Patriots secondary do their job this team is going NO WHERE.
You think Eli Manning will have trouble putting up 30+ points on this team?? I don't think the Pats offense can score that much against a good team.

We've seen Nate Solder and young players on offensive line develop into fine players. Why can't the Patriots ever get the most out of their young DBs. At this point, I'm beginning to wonder about coaching. How can this many DBs by this bad? Never seen anything like it. The only secondary player drafted under Belichick era to succeed was Asante Samuel (you could make case for Patrick Chung too). Yes, I know playing in secondary is a lot more complicated and demanding from athletic prospective, but when you look at what they've invested with draft picks, etc and look at final product on field, can't help but wonder what wtF is going on.
yet despite a piss poor defense you have a team that is 3 losses by a combined 4 points that lacks the ability to finish as an offense, to eat clock and just take the heart out of a team at the end picking up TWO 1st downs

do you feel the offense played well against Arzona? or ate up the clock against Balt or Seattle?

the defense put them in a position to win, the offense failed to maintain the ball.

Is it drafting though? I keep thinking of Houston who had the worst pass defense in the NFL, hired Wade and then they are number 1....maybe its more than just the players, maybe the players need to be guided...I see talent in a lot of them, its just inconsistent. I am not saying BB needs to go, I just think he needs to hire a real defensive coordinator or secondary coach.
check my edit Draftin/Coaching

maybe we get MANGINI back to coach DB's

Mangenius can flat out coach the secondary. I'm very serious. Maybe it's time for him & BB to pass the peace pipe.

I'd rather lose than let Fredo back into the fold.

And seriously, it's a HUGE coaching community out there.... Can't we find a decent coach without bringing up Judas's name....

Thanks for bring this up.

I now expect the DB's to have a huge game as did Rob Ninkovich, after you posted that thread.:thumb:

And seriously, it's a HUGE coaching community out there.... Can't we find a decent coach without bringing up Judas's name....
This. Put Fredo in the dingy, give him a little fishing pole, and row him out to deep water.

Ciao, :pyx: BostonTim

This. Put Fredo in the dingy, give him a little fishing pole, and row him out to deep water.

Ciao, :pyx: BostonTim
Young Josh left on better terms but also pulled a Pistol Pete when he beat BB and all is fine. I say get Mangini back and let him teach Patriaca how to DC

Young Josh left on better terms but also pulled a Pistol Pete when he beat BB and all is fine. I say get Mangini back and let him teach Patriaca how to DC

Fredo.... went against the family...

You NEVER go against the family....

Troy Brown was a better DB than any of these stiffs. Maybe bring him in to coach the DB's?

Jonathan Joseph, a top 5 CB in the league, signing with them that offeason had something to do with it. Good coaching can squeeze every ounce of talent out a player and be a big boon, we witnessed this first hand with the Pats. But he has to have it in him to begin with. Who in our secondary do you believe has much more to offer than he has been giving? How much more? You really think Wade would turn this present collection of garbage into something good? I don't believe they have it in them. I can only hope they can at least be average and give our front seven a chance to win us some games.
Romeo will be out of a job at the end of the season. Maybe Bill will bring him back. Hell no on Mangina. 1)Because I didn't think he was that good of a co-ordiator and 2) beacause FRAK HIM!

Back