Rebuilding The Patriots For 2021 And Beyond

king of kings

All Hail
Reaction score
If they can get some actually outside WR's. Maybe they can get some productions out of Harry on inside.

Big/Sky/Fly

We're All In This Psyop Together...
Reaction score
Send a 5th or 6th to the Jags for Minshew. Low risk, low price, possibly a decent starter...also draft a QB in the draft too. I wouldn't mind this...

OP
chevss454

chevss454

Data-driven decision-making is science and art.
Reaction score

rivshark86

Reaction score
Y’all still don’t get it. No free agent wants to come here.

Pain in the ass coach, plus a team that’s gonna be losing all year. The draft is the only way this team gets better. That and resigning guys like thuney and white. Keeping talent!!!!! Do that, skip QB this draft, focus on the D line and offensive skill guys in the draft, and play for a QB next year or the year after. This team is so bad it’s not worth ruining a promising rookie over.

BB will probably let Thuney and White go. I hope I’m wrong. Guys aren’t going to play here for discounts anymore.

Last edited:

PatsFan09

Done. And. Done.
Reaction score

Pain in the ass coach, plus a team that’s gonna be losing all year. The draft is the only way this team gets better, and resigning guys like thuney and white. Keeping talent!!!!! Do that, skip QB this draft, focus on the D line and offensive skill guys in the draft, and play for a QB next year or the year after. This team is so bad it’s not worth ruining a promising rookie over.

Please delete your account and continue to spend all of your time on the Bucs’ board.

Such spoiled brats some of you are. ONE season that was one win away from being .500 during a clear rebuild, and some of you bitch and moan like we were 2-14.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mazz22

Age 43 and STILL playing like a champ
Reaction score

Pain in the ass coach, plus a team that’s gonna be losing all year. The draft is the only way this team gets better, and resigning guys like thuney and white. Keeping talent!!!!! Do that, skip QB this draft, focus on the D line and offensive skill guys in the draft, and play for a QB next year or the year after. This team is so bad it’s not worth ruining a promising rookie over.
I don't disagree with the slow rebuild approach of just plugging as many as holes as we can but Bill will be 69 in a couple of months. He has the Brady narrative out there that is at a fever pitch right now. I think he wants to try to do this thing quickly and he has the money and picks to do it. I do think we spend a ton but I am curious to see how many splash signings we do and if we spend significant draft capital on a QB whether that is trading for someone or using our picks to move up in the draft.

rivshark86

Reaction score
The talent on this team was 2 and 14.

Why don’t you delete your account.

Inspector_50

Reaction score
I don't disagree with the slow rebuild approach of just plugging as many as holes as we can but Bill will be 69 in a couple of months. He has the Brady narrative out there that is at a fever pitch right now. I think he wants to try to do this thing quickly and he has the money and picks to do it. I do think we spend a ton but I am curious to see how many splash signings we do and if we spend significant draft capital on a QB whether that is trading for someone or using our picks to move up in the draft.
If Bill did this, it would be really the first time. He does build slowly, but in the past 20 years, he was able to a bit easier. When you have a QB like we had, you can have down years, but your down years are 10-6. You still stay competitive and in the mix, even when you have to rebuild your entire defense or replace the entire receiving corp. Or your oline is bad. That is not the case anymore, so it might go a bit slower. Teams can get enough players together to get back to over .500, teams do it all the time, but if Bill's goal is to get back to going to 10 straight afc title games, well that is going to be tough, but I am not sure that can be the goal, something like that might not ever happen again. I do think Bill needs at least someone else that can work with him on the GM part, missing on draft picks is not as forgiven as it once was, now they need hits. Everyone asks why our cap was always high but we didnt have major players making big money, it was because the money was spent on depth and again you could do that because other factors where something was not as good was covered by having a QB that could win in a lot of conditions. You could go spend on depth and not worry about grabbing every high priced FA, its going to have to be a different approach now.

HSanders

omitted out of respect to Mrs.Jastremski
Reaction score
I don't disagree with the slow rebuild approach of just plugging as many as holes as we can but Bill will be 69 in a couple of months. He has the Brady narrative out there that is at a fever pitch right now. I think he wants to try to do this thing quickly and he has the money and picks to do it.
The day BB cares about "narratives" is the day he needs to quit.

Inspector_50

Reaction score
The day BB cares about "narratives" is the day he needs to quit.
He is a human being, and yeah I don't think it bothers him, at least not enough to make it public, but it bothered his partner. I don't think it bothers him because its all so stupid. Other coaches and other QB's do not deal with that. It was their long lasting success that separated them from the pack and made it where the media could only pit them against each other.

SkiptoMyLou

Six Time Super Bowl Champions!
Reaction score
The talent on this team was 2 and 14.

Why don’t you delete your account.

You say it as if it were a slight to BB, but it actually shows what good coaching can do. If Pats can win 7 games with such a poor roster they will be fine. You can choose to worship Brady, and shit on BB in the meantime. I'm sure you'll come back and act like nothing happened when Pats are back in the playoffs again.

Inspector_50

Reaction score
You say it as if it were a slight to BB, but it actually shows what good coaching can do. If Pats can win 7 games with such a poor roster they will be fine. You can choose to worship Brady, and shit on BB in the meantime. I'm sure you'll come back and act like nothing happened when Pats are back in the playoffs again.
True, but it also shows that the GM part of the job is lacking. The roster was not that much more poor than it was in 2019. There have been a few years when talent was not always the best, but between Bill and Brady, they covered up a lot of that. Its a lot harder to do that now.

rivshark86

Reaction score

I’m not a troll, but sometimes I directly state my opinion. It’s pretty low on the current coaching staff.
The Patriots are flat out not making the playoffs for a long time. At least 2 or 3 years. Buffalo could be better next year, the phins will probably be fighting and getting a wild card, and I don’t know if y’all have noticed but the Jets finally hired a competent coach, and have the picks to rebuild a roster that wasn’t as bad as their record would indicate.
So assuming this teams gonna be bad for a long time, what’s the best way to rebuild?
I think taking a QB in the first this year is a mistake if a can’t miss Dlineman, LB, or WR is right there. Fill in with a competent FA vet at the QB position, or get marriota and hope he doesn’t get injured. Have to keep White and Thuney. Pay them now up front. Not on the back end of the deal. Make them happy. We need guys like them who know winning culture. I’m really hoping though they don’t force the issue at QB.