Reggie Wayne

What class again from BB.

COK75kgUcAEc0Iy.jpg:large

From source close to Wayne "asked for release, work environment to tough....not fun"
Posted via Mobile Device
To be fair it must have been like leaving middle school, and jumping into a advance Harvard course...

Dear Reggie, please retire or if not, DO NOT GO TO THE HOLE THAT IS DENVER.

Dear Reggie, please retire or if not, DO NOT GO TO THE HOLE THAT IS DENVER.

It would be sad if he did and the reason he left NE was that the playbook was too complicated and/or the work was too hard.

Reggie, go get your love back in Indy.

It Ain't You (Why Reggie Wayne broke up with the Patriots before they broke up with him)

http://www.thejaygravesreport.com/2015/09/it-aint-you-why-reggie-wayne-broke-up.html?spref=tw

When asked how much he had to offer the Patriots when they signed him on August 25<sup>th</sup> his response was, “I know what I can do. I know what I can bring to the table…Whoever the naysayers are, just watch.” Then after the final pre-season game on this past Thursday ole boy said, “I’m still trying to find my swag, but I’m starting to catch on.” When a dun asked him whether he would be ready on September 10<sup>th</sup> for the opener ole boy said, “I don’t have a choice. It’s going to be here regardless if I’m ready or not.”

So when a boy turns around in 48 hours and tells the Patriots that he wants be released it really says that at my age I don’t wanna figure this damn playbook out and I’ve got enough bread! So y’all can have this foolishness!

It’s like the old-timer at the steel mill that keeps hangin’ on because the money is easy. Then they get a new boss and he’s requirin’ EVERYBODY includin’ his old butt to work up to standards and know all of the freakin’ policies and procedures! Well playa…he just wanted the bread! He didn’t really wanna work for it.

Reggie Wayne wanted to play because he’s Reggie Wayne! He didn’t really wanna learn the freakin’ playbook and be put under the gun like the rest of the cats on the team.

He said that he signed with the Patriots because he wanted to win “PERIOD!” But in order to win PERIOD you’ve got to put in the same work that EVERYBODY else has to put in and unfortunately at 37 years old he realized that he didn’t want to do that. He’s already a future Hall of Famer and he’s already won a Super Bowl ring.

So I’m not mad at a boy for walkin’ away but he could have hollered at me before he made a fool of himself by signin’ with the “machine” in the first place. New England is a machine because EVERYBODY is required to put in the work! That’s why they’re so dominant. You can’t just show up and get money and a Super Bowl ring without studyin’ the freakin’ playbook pimpin’! I don’t care who you are!

Did he not see Randy Moss and Chad Johnson get cut foolin’ around up there? Sure, Randy played for 3 years up there and got off too but when they got tired of him they walked his butt out the front door and called him a cab.

Well…I guess he did see it and that’s why he broke up with them before they broke up with him. Because if he had shown up on September 10<sup>th</sup> without knowin’ that playbook they were gonna march his old butt right out of the front door too. So that's why he pulled the dun to he side and hit him with the notoriously famous break up line, "It ain't you baby, it's me!" Stop me when I start lyin’!

I don't believe the playbook was too hard or Austin (concussion) Collie couldn't have learned it. I just think he realized he isn't the same after the injury, and age has caught up to him!

I don't believe the playbook was too hard or Austin (concussion) Collie couldn't have learned it. I just think he realized he isn't the same after the injury, and age has caught up to him!

Whatever the real story might be, I'm inclined to just say, "Great carreer Reggie. Sorry it didn't work out. All the best."

Cheers, BostonTim

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/reggie-wayne-reportedly-asked-for-patriots-release-because-they-are-not-fun/ar-AAdZEJB

the six-time Pro Bowler stated Saturday that he asked for his release because the team was "not fun,"

Awwww, poor little guy. He just wants to come get his ring, not work for it... :coffee:

No shit bb said it'd his job. To make it as hard & difficult as he can on players in practice. You complain about anything . He just make it more difficult. Your here to do your job well.

He wants to play for a players coach. Where he can goof off & have fun .

Regardless whether he agreed to give some of that $450K back, all of it counts on our cap for this year.

I've been told that there may be more than just a little truth to the rumor that Reggie Wayne was facing being released and was given the opportunity by BB to ask for his release. There were playbook & route issues as well as being a 'soft' player who was jolted by the Pats' rigorous practices. He was a perfect fit for the Colts and now maybe he'll be reunited with Manning.

This smacked of earlier, comparable situations... they were going to cut him I think (as the already-stated theory prevails) and gave him a chance to save some face by saying that he asked for it.

It's actually quite a gesture when you think about it. Belichick didn't want to cut a probable Hall of Famer without giving him a chance to say that he wanted it too.

Back