Report: Brady May Have Lost A Step AKA: The Great Cereal Wars

Uncle Vic

Reaction score
Report: Brady May Have Lost A Step

wowfootball.com is reporting that Brady has clearly lost a step and may turn to Flutie for help.developing.....

Time to change your sig.....

Flutie won't be leading The Chargers anywhere this season. Unless of course The Pats have named the bench The Chargers.

Re: Report: Brady May Have Lost A Step

Uncle Vic said:
wowfootball.com is reporting that Brady has clearly lost a step and may turn to Flutie for help.developing.....
OK put down the Flutie flakes and back away from the PC.
You can make up all the stupid junk like this you want. It isn't going to change the fact that Doug Flutie will be just a little used backup this year and then will retire.

Annihilus said:
Annihilus is out of Cheerios. Dammit.
My wife used to get mad because I literally stockpile Cheerios whenever they go on sale. They have these 2-for-1 deals and I go nuts.

Of course, then the wife got addicted to Cheerios too. Now, she doesn't complain (as much).

I just polished off two bowls and am too lazy to close the box. You're welcome to drop by. It's sitting on the counter in the kitchen.

--James

JamesLavin said:
My wife used to get mad because I literally stockpile Cheerios whenever they go on sale. They have these 2-for-1 deals and I go nuts.

Of course, then the wife got addicted to Cheerios too. Now, she doesn't complain (as much).

I just polished off two bowls and am too lazy to close the box. You're welcome to drop by. It's sitting on the counter in the kitchen.

--James
I prefer the Honey Nut Cheerios.

:coffee:
________
DR-Z400SM

When I go to BJ's, I usually by the jumbo double pack of Cheerios. My grandaughter likes the plain, my wife likes the one with berries and I prefer the frosted cheerios.

BTW - A hint for parents with potty training boys or soon to be parents, to potty train a boy, put a few cheerios in the toilet bowl and have him aim at them when he pees. In a flash, he will be draining the little lizard in the bowl, just like when Dad comes home from the pub!

Cheerios aren't bad at all but, freeze dried fruit technology has taken some leaps forward in recent years and people who haven't tried some in a while should revisit Lucky Charms.

Far more green clovers and pink hearts than there used to be and it seems to reconstitute much faster and with better results.

Of course, for an occasional treat you can't beat Count Chocula.

I'm a Wheaties man myself. I really buy into the "Breakfast of Champions" slogan.

I've always liked my cereal to sit in the milk for a few minutes. I like my flakes soggy, not crunchy. It grosses my wife out, which of course makes me want to do it even more. o:)

bideau said:
I'm a Wheaties man myself. I really buy into the "Breakfast of Champions" slogan.

I've always liked my cereal to sit in the milk for a few minutes. I like my flakes soggy, not crunchy. It grosses my wife out, which of course makes me want to do it even more. o:)
Yuck!!!
________
medical marijuana strains

bideau said:

Isn't that the way sex works in your house? Grosses the wife out which makes you want it more?

Never liked Cheerios.

I grew up on the really sugary, appetizing cereals, like Cocoa Pepples, Cocoa Crisps, Froot Loops, Trix, Cookie Crisp, etc. :lipsmack:

If I eat something a little healthier it's either Honeycombs or Raisin Bran.

bideau said:
I actually alternate between Cheerios and wheat flakes. Well, "alternate" isn't the right word. I go on a kick and eat three to six bowls of one until I get tired of it and switch back to the other.

I don't bother with the brand names. As Belichick would say, "Bran flakes are bran flakes." (Flutie wouldn't say that.) But the Stop & Shop-branded "Bran Flakes" are about half the price. There are slight taste differences, but I actually prefer the Stop & Shop stuff. If Total or Wheaties are on a two-for-one sale, I might grab a few boxes. But I always return to Stop & Shop Bran Flakes.

If I were Consumer Reports (which I'm obviously not), I would give Bran Flakes an overall score of "Excellent," Total an overall score of "Very Good," and Wheaties a score between "Fair" and "Good." If you hold a Wheaties flake next to a Total flake or a Stop & Shop flake, you will see it is a sissy flake. Only pussies who like soggy cereal would knowingly choose Wheaties. The only area where Total and Wheaties beat Bran Flakes is packaging and marketing. You'll never see Troy Brown on the cover of a box of Bran Flakes.

You're sick! You obviously don't know the first thing about eating bran flake cereal. I think you need your head examined. Seriously! Everyone knows you should eat the cereal as quickly as possible after pouring milk. If you're interrupted as you're preparing your breakfast (or lunch or dinner... because bran flakes are an all-purpose meal), DON'T prematurely spill your milk. Wait till after the interruption.

I think we need a cereal thread to teach proper cereal selection, preparation and consumption techniques.

--James

JamesLavin said:
You're sick! You obviously don't know the first thing about eating bran flake cereal. I think you need your head examined. Seriously! Everyone knows you should eat the cereal as quickly as possible after pouring milk. If you're interrupted as you're preparing your breakfast (or lunch or dinner... because bran flakes are an all-purpose meal), DON'T prematurely spill your milk. Wait till after the interruption.

I think we need a cereal thread to teach proper cereal selection, preparation and consumption techniques.

--James

To each his own, Bub :4321:

I suppose you like your food served hot as well. Well I don't, Mister Eating Expert :mad: I like my food luke warm, sometimes even room temperature. I was puting ice cubes in my coffee long before DD started marketing it as a revoltionary idea. While you rush to eat before the food "gets cold", I can sick back and dine at a leisurely pace.

How dare you or anyone else try to tell me how to eat my Wheaties. You can have your crunchy flakes and your cheap generic crap. I'll take the cereal that's endorsed by champions everywhere.

Damned dining elitist :4321:

James you have far to much time on your hands to give that much of it to a post about Bran Flakes.:eek: The last time I remember eating a breakfast Cereal it was some thing called Quisp that was 30 or more years ago. Fruit,and a protein are my breakfast choice.:thumb:

bideau said:
To each his own, Bub :4321:

I suppose you like your food served hot as well.

Well I don't, Mister Eating Expert :mad:
There you go again with your groundless blanket smears, bideau!

Don't presume to know how hot I like my food to be served! You grossed us all out with your vile habit of eating soggy Wheaties. I replied to your statement of fact with my own fact (i.e., that your filthy habit is, well, filthy). You just manufacture convenient "facts" to create bogus arguments. Create a straw man and knock him down.

Suddenly I'm proclaiming myself "Mister Eating Expert"? Lies, lies!! The scope of my statements were limited strictly to the realm of wheat-based flake cereals, a topic I am an expert in. I would not presume to tell you how to eat fish heads, octopus or chicken feet, things I am afraid to eat, for example.

Well, I refuse to be your strawman or your patsie, Mr. I-Don't-Know-How-To-Eat-Cereal-Properly-So-I-Will-Slander-Those-Who-Do-To-Feel-Better-About-Myself.
How dare you or anyone else try to tell me how to eat my Wheaties. You can have your crunchy flakes and your cheap generic crap. I'll take the cereal that's endorsed by champions everywhere.

Damned dining elitist :4321:
Feigned righteous indignation and name-calling. Typical tactics of those who know they can't win a legitimate argument based on honest debate and factual evidence. Just smear the truth-teller. You can't handle the truth.

--James

If this keeps up, we may have to move this thread to the politics forum :rolleyes: Wars have been started over less important issues.

I'm getting goosebumps from reading the great cereal debate and can't wait until Uncle Vic chimes in. :)

Back