Report: Celtics shopping Allen, Rondo

-Scar-

Decimate this account, please. Thanks.
Reaction score
200905172037742283000-p2-210x210.jpg

Off the record, we have several sources telling us that Ray Allen is, indeed, on the block. It's easy to make the leap, as the Celtics have managed to develop some nice young talent around their Big Three while also managing to win a championship. They might have even repeated had Kevin Garnett been healthy. It's not a stretch to say the Celtics would part with Allen, who has an ending contract next season, if they could add another top young player to the mix. On the record we have an added wrinkle - one that we thought to be highly unlikely until we found it reported with a quote attributed to Celtics GM Danny Ainge. It seems the Celtics are willing to package Rajon Rondo with Allen to make the right deal happen

Source: Bill Ingram, Hoopsworld

Seems Kinda Foolish...Why Not Keep Them Both To Increase Your Chances Of Returning To The Finals....

It Doesnt Get Much Better Than Jesus Shuttlesworth From Behind The Three Point Line...And I Thought Rondo Pretty Much Solidifed Himself On The Team Proving He Can Be Counted On When The Times Are Tough...

A package deal of Rondo and Allen? Wipe out the back court? Yeah, that makes total sense. Even Ainge and Rivers aren't that dumb.

And stop with the ****ing capitalization!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cuss::cuss:

A package deal of Rondo and Allen? Wipe out the back court? Yeah, that makes total sense. Even Ainge and Rivers aren't that dumb.

And stop with the ****ing capitalization!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cuss::cuss:
So now Danny sucks too?

2007 was just DUMB LUCK, eh?

LOL this article is complete BS...they will ride out allen for another year and use the money he frees up to go after one of those big free agents in the 2010 class...Rondo is going nowhere.

Yeah young PG's that are this good in their second year are so easy to find, I can see them getting rid of rondo....:spock:

Everything that I heard about concerning this yesterday had to do with a deal with Phoenix for Stoudemire, some pretty awful shooting guard, and their 14th pick in the 1st round.

Not worth it.

It did apparently work, financially, but Ainge LOVES Rondo; there's no way they'd make this deal.

Everything that I heard about concerning this yesterday had to do with a deal with Phoenix for Stoudemire, some pretty awful shooting guard, and their 14th pick in the 1st round.

Not worth it.

It did apparently work, financially, but Ainge LOVES Rondo; there's no way they'd make this deal.

To me rondo is off limits unless Labron packaged with Howard is coming to this team. Rondo to me is a star and is way beyond his years, that is not an easy thing to find in a point guard.

Ray's inconsistency has been a killer in the playoffs. Thankfully that team played well enough to get by while he sucked it up for a series and a half last year. I wouldn't be all that upset to see him go for the right talent. But how many teams could use an aging Allen to put them over the top for that 1 year? Miami maybe?

If it was an Allen/Rondo package deal then it would have to be for a superstar and a youthful one at that. Rondo is the type of player you can build a team around.

To me rondo is off limits unless Labron packaged with Howard is coming to this team. Rondo to me is a star and is way beyond his years, that is not an easy thing to find in a point guard.

I Agree....He's Literally Taken Over So Many Games This Past Year When The Celts Needed Someone To Step Up And Be A Leader....Granted It's Still Paul Pierce's Team But Rondo Is The Future...People Always Mention "The Big 3" But It Really Has To Be 4 With Rondo In The Mix....smh @ Marbury Supposedly Making It A Big 4...That Was A Wasted Effort And Dead Weight To A Team That Was Fine Without Him...If Anything Get Rid Of Him...

:cool:

The key bit about Rondo is the last sentance

It seems the Celtics are willing to package Rajon Rondo with Allen to make the right deal happen

It all depends on what constitutes the "right deal".

I think any GM should be willing to trade anyone, if they get appropriate compensation in return.

Exactly what would be appropriate for Allen and Rondo? Aye, there's the rub.

The key bit about Rondo is the last sentance

It all depends on what constitutes the "right deal".

I think any GM should be willing to trade anyone, if they get appropriate compensation in return.

Exactly what would be appropriate for Allen and Rondo? Aye, there's the rub.

The thing is, I cannot think off the top of my head what exactly replaces rondo on this team? I mean what is teh right deal? Kobe and labron with MJ coming back in a time machine.

Back