Report: Patriots expect Revis to go to Jets per schefter it is done

Big/Sky/Fly

370hssv vw6!s tu36v
Reaction score
Report: Patriots expect Revis to go to Jets
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the "sense out of New England" is that free agent CB Darrelle Revis will sign with the Jets.
The Patriots will make a "final push," but the expectation is Revis is chasing the money to return to Gang Green. If true, the Patriots may lose both Revis and RCB Brandon Browner after New England declined Browner's option Tuesday afternoon. Once a suddenly strong secondary now needs a ton of work.

I'd like Revis to stay put, but if the money is insane then I'll trust Bill's judgement and move on. Lot's of teams have won Super Bowls without Revis --only one has with him. I'm not going to jump off a bridge.

However, if he does sign elsewhere I'm looking forward to the predictable spin that: he was overrated, is starting to age, isn't as good as Sherman, we got rid of him at just the right time, etc., etc.

I dunno Pam. She seems mighty close to the edge. Passion can make you do crazy shit. ROFL

My husband took my phone away from me for a half hour and I had a complete meltdown. He said I needed a break.

I'd like Revis to stay put, but if the money is insane then I'll trust Bill's judgement and move on. Lot's of teams have won Super Bowls without Revis --only one has with him. I'm not going to jump off a bridge.

However, if he does sign elsewhere I'm looking forward to the predictable spin that: he was overrated, is starting to age, isn't as good as Sherman, we got rid of him at just the right time, etc., etc.

I chuckle because I was saying this to my son earlier today on the way home from his LAX practice. If he leaves, it WILL happen.

We have been on a "run" for 14 years. My boys don't know a world where the Patriots aren't a SB contender. I choose to wait and see what BB does and to reading the speculation as to why.

And to being a contender again next year.

Who cares if the money is insane he is that good. And its only 3 years. If they don't resign him this D will once again have the worst secondary's in the league.

This is such a stupid saying I've seen thrown around on this board lately.

LOTS of teams have won superbowls without Brady, too.. Should we release him?

It's not REVIS that we need. It's the elite talent at CB that he brings. There is nobody on the roster to replace him.

We do not have a respectable #1 corner on the roster. That spells disaster. Aren't you tired of seeing what the defense was Pre- Talib/Revis?

Who cares if the money is insane he is that good. And its only 3 years. If they don't resign him this D will once again have the worst secondary's in the league.

Hell yes, brother.

3 years, 48 million and guarantee every dime.

It's not REVIS that we need. It's the elite talent at CB that he brings. There is nobody on the roster to replace him.

We do not have a respectable #1 corner on the roster. That spells disaster. Aren't you tired of seeing what the defense was Pre- Talib/Revis?
I seem to remember a Super Bowl winning team that had Randall Gay and Earthwind Moreland playing quite a bit at cornerback.

Eh, we'll see. One of the things that makes this time of year so much fun is all the rumors. I'd love to have Revis back and even though the team has a lot of cap room, I don't want to see them break the bank for him.
Posted via Mobile Device

Revis is back with the Jets. No numbers yet.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hell we don't even have a good #2. Ryan and Dennard have both taken steps back like every other defensive back they have drafted. Wouldn't be surprised if Butler comes back to earth next year.

Back