Rex Ryan disses Tom Brady?

PatsAddict

Reaction score
ESPN Link: http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5995744

With just two days to go before meeting Indianapolis in an AFC wild-card game, Jets coach Rex Ryan was busy praising Colts quarterback Peyton Manning and ended up zinging the Patriots.

"Nobody studies like [Manning]. I know [Tom] Brady thinks he does and all that stuff," Ryan said. "I think there's probably a little more help from [Bill] Belichick with Brady than there is with Peyton Manning."

Rex Ryan on Petyon Manning, Tom Brady
Jets head coach Rex Ryan's comments about matching wits with Peyton Manning.

Ryan made the impromptu remark in answer to a question about how gifted Manning was in his ability to think on his feet and improvise.

"He's not just a coach on the field," Ryan said. "You give the coaching community too much credit. This guy is one of the best quarterbacks in the history of the game, and he's one of the smartest guys. And it's not just a coach dialing up plays. He dials his own plays."

If the Jets are able to beat the Colts this weekend, they would head to New England and play their AFC East rivals for the right to go to the AFC Championship Game. The latest remark is likely to be fuel for a fire that is pretty well self-sustaining at this point.

Before the season formally started, Brady told Boston radio station WEEI that he hated the Jets. He said it after being asked about the HBO series "Hard Knocks," which featured the Jets this summer.

"Honestly, I haven't turned it on. I hate the Jets, so I refuse to support that show," Brady said.

The Jets and Patriots split this season in their two games. Each team won at home, but the Patriots handed the Jets their worst loss of the season, 45-3 on Dec. 6.

Not sure if I'd call it a dissing but after it gets through the Baghdad Bob Machine in Foxboro, it will look like Ryan personally insulted Brady, his family and God.

Poor Rex suffers from a very bad case of Foot in Mouth disease. I can't wait to see what BB and Brady has in store for him. IF they win this sunday.

"He's not just a coach on the field," Ryan said. "You give the coaching community too much credit. This guy is one of the best quarterbacks in the history of the game, and he's one of the smartest guys. And it's not just a coach dialing up plays. He dials his own plays."

What is this worth, coming from a guy who thinks Sanchez is a smart QB?

"I think there's probably a little more help from [Bill] Belichick with Brady than there is with Peyton Manning."

Well, obviously! Why would BB spend time helping Manning?

>.>
<.<

Well, at least he didn't go all the way licking Forehead's nutsack.

He didn't say he had great feet. :coffee:
Posted via Mobile Device

What dumb*** Ryan fails to recognize is the fact that Brady has won 3 super bowls as the QB of the Patriots, while Manning has won only 1 with the Colts...Considering that all that hard work by Manning has led to only 1 super bowl, lord only knows what would happen if he did not work that hard?

flair.gif

He's the fatter, whiter version of Turdell Suggs.

<<
Ryan fails to recognize is the fact that Brady has won 3 super bowls as the QB of the Patriots, while Manning has won only 1 with the Colts...
>>

Yeah and Fat Mouth knows he won the Week 2 Super Bowl the last two years and that makes the Jets far better than any other team on the face of the planet.

Furthermore, Rex said after the last game of the regular season that they had already won the Super Bowl, so we already know they're going to win all remaining games this season no matter what he says to piss off the other teams.

Oh wait.... what's that ? The other teams still actually want to play the games just for form's sake ? I guess the Jets will just have to accommodate that.

I just hope that Peyton doesn't let Rex anywhere near his feet.

Back