Richard Sherman rumors are still out there.. any interest?

Shemp

Upright Member
Reaction score
Like the trade of Jimmy G, the rumors about a Pat's acquisition of RS doesn't want to die. Waddya think?

If we lose Butler, I expect the Sherman talk to heat up.

Like the trade of Jimmy G, the rumors about a Pat's acquisition of RS doesn't want to die. Waddya think?
I haven't heard anything since we got Gilmore, when it was mentioned we asked about SHerman earlier. Nothing since.

What pick did you hear were going to give Seattle?

I haven't heard anything since we got Gilmore, when it was mentioned we asked about SHerman earlier. Nothing since.

What pick did you hear were going to give Seattle?

I'd guess it would either involve Butler or a concurrent trade of Jimmy G with new picks coming to the Pats. With Romo retired who does Houston get to QB them into the playoffs?

I don't want him.

He's still a fine player, but there is a theory out there that his play has peaked and is starting to decline and that would almost certainly be too much money tied up at one position for the Pats given his current 13.2M cap number for 2017. Gilmore is at 8.5ish for this season.

It's not excessively insane to consider that kind of cash for (presumably) ace corners given a 167M team cap for 2017, but we don't tend to do stuff like that, hence we piss lightning and crap thunder on a yearly basis.

Sherman is a smart dude and usually has something interesting to say, but he also possesses no filter and isn't nearly as amusing as Marty Bennett was.

I'd say good player, but pass him by. If Malcolm walks we'll deal with it somehow.

I'd pass on Sherman, just like most NFL QBs will start doing sooner rather than later.

Yeah Jeff Howe had several tweets today that the Pats are interested if they lose Butler, but are not offering as much as other teams. He also said that Sherman would "be amenable to a trade to the Patriots" if it ever came to that.

I like keeping Butler at $4 mil and keeping JG at $1 mil. Draft picks for JG will mean squat if Brady gets hurt.

Right now, before the draft, the Pats are a better team than the one the won the SB last year. Let's win another SB and then talk about the future.

I like keeping Butler at $4 mil and keeping JG at $1 mil. Draft picks for JG will mean squat if Brady gets hurt.

Right now, before the draft, the Pats are a better team than the one the won the SB last year. Let's win another SB and then talk about the future.

Brissett can fill in for Brady just fine. Get the haul if we can for Jimmy otherwise keep him.

I agree on Butler though. Keep him at the $4mil and then try to sign him long-term after that.

Brissett can fill in for Brady just fine. Get the haul if we can for Jimmy otherwise keep him.

I agree on Butler though. Keep him at the $4mil and then try to sign him long-term after that.

That naked boot 14-15 times a game should be pretty productive.

A guy who openly calls out his coaching staff 2 years after a game? Hell no.

I hear you but I have mixed feelings about Sherman. With Gilmore and Sherman we'd have 2 long CBs who can defend the taller WRs in the league.
That would leave our other CBs to defend the shorter WRs and slot guys. It would be a great defensive backfield so I understand the strategic interest in Sherman. Whether he's fallen off I don't know, that's for BB to judge, but he still has that competitive moxie on the field and I like that a lot. I still have fond memories of Browner and Sherman is far better than Browner was when he was with us.

As for calling out Petey...I actually blame Petey for allowing him to get away with it. He'd know better than to call out BB.

edit:
Matt Chatham‏Verified account @chatham58 <small class="time"> </small>
BREAKING: <s>#</s>Patriots have expressed interest in every player the rest of the league would prefer they didn't have interest in.

and from a Seattle fan
thatdudepc Patrick C<small class="time"> </small>
if Patriots get Richard Sherman i'm f*cking done, f*ck New England Patriots

Sherman is the way he is because of Petey. He chooses to let the players run the team and spout off whenever they want. And this is the reason why the Seahags run was so short. That and they failed to draft well the last few seasons and paid monster salaries to too many players all at once.

I would love for the Pats to sign Sherman to watch the Seabirds fans heads explode. lol.

That naked boot 14-15 times a game should be pretty productive.
It worked for Rohan Davey, sort of. I try not to be too hard on Brissett, though. When he came into the Miami game, he was a rookie who had close to zero snaps in the preseason-they all went to JG and TB who were sharing. In the Buffalo game, he couldn't through because effing Wilfork piled on and jammed his throwing thumb. Rex Ryan figured it out almost immediately and did to him what we used to do to Kordell-make him win with his arm.

Back