RIP James Caan

Mark_Henderson

very stable genius
Reaction score
James Caan passed away yesterday at age 82. I think we missed doing a thread for Ray Liotta, so I wanted to post for James Caan, who delivered one of the other all time classic movie gangster performances. Solid actor and a seemingly cool guy, he WAS Sonny Corleone, nailing the hot-headed counterpoint to Al Pacino's, Marlon Brando's & Robert Duvall's shrewd, calculating roles.

His standout performance was definitely the Godfather, though that's partly because he made some bad choices of roles, turning down the lead in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest to star in Rollerball instead. Rollerball was fun and Nicholson was amazing in Cuckoo's Nest, but Caan probably would have had a longer A-list career if he made the other choice.

It seems like he lived an interesting life and definitely gave one of film's great performances. RIP.

James Caan passed away yesterday at age 82. I think we missed doing a thread for Ray Liotta, so I wanted to post for James Caan, who delivered one of the other all time classic movie gangster performances. Solid actor and a seemingly cool guy, he WAS Sonny Corleone, nailing the hot-headed counterpoint to Al Pacino's, Marlon Brando's & Robert Duvall's shrewd, calculating roles.

His standout performance was definitely the Godfather, though that's partly because he made some bad choices of

Come on, everyone old enough to have seen it when it first came out, cried their eyes out watching "Brian's Song"

The Killer Elite, was good as well.

Thought his role in A bridge too far was spectacular as well.

RIP

Back