RIP John Madden

He was one of those guys who has petrified about flying so had that Madden Crusier done up which would go around the country. He had a lot of fun in that. Imagine a road trip with John Madden in that? How much fun would that be!

MaddenCruiser600.jpg

RIP coach, you were instrumental in bringing the NFL to the forefront of sports. A genuine, caring human being and a helluva a football announcer. Condolences to the Madden and Raider family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When Daryl Stingley was paralyzed during the preseason game in Oakland, Madden was a regular visitor at the hospital and made sure Stingley got the best care possible.
I remember hearing that, too. Great coach and even better human being.

RIP, Coach.

When Daryl Stingley was paralyzed during the preseason game in Oakland, Madden was a regular visitor at the hospital and made sure Stingley got the best care possible.

He was a gentle giant and a true legend. When Madden and Summerall did your team’s game, you knew it was big.

Glad you brought this up.

As the story went, Madden was stunned that the Pats didn't have anybody from the organization out there with Darryl and he figured somebody
had to do it. That's the worst move the Sullivan family ever made, and they screwed up a lot.

He was a good man. RIP, John.

He was a gentle giant and a true legend. When Madden and Summerall did your team’s game, you knew it was big.
more about that

It's a tribute to John Madden that he was truly known globally. You might not have been an NFL fan but you knew who John Madden was.

I remember a superb intro CBS did for the 1992 NFCCG between the Cowboys and Niners, the two best sides by a long shot at the time. Fantastic intro from Pat Summerall and then Madden steps in to talk about the field at Candlestick and the run game.

View: https://youtu.be/Xxkii-_hsG0

Last edited:
Very sad to hear this, he was the voice of football for me as I learned to love it. Still want to try turducken sometime, if I do so it'll be in remembrance. RIP sir, a life well lived.

Back