Rodney Harrison fires away at Peyton Manning

Two sentences in five years? That's your reply?

I guess when you have no reply, you should try anything. I guess.

Manning as Shit Leader:

- Arms swinging when teammates run wrong routes or other bad things happen

- Walking off field with shoulders slumped and head down after every pick

- Arguments on sideline with offensive line (see you tube) and other teammates

- "I'm not trying to be a bad teammate BUT..."

- Public trashing of team over coaches

- Worse play in playoffs than regular season

So, no, Mr Mayhem, it's not just two sentences in five years.

I do admire your willingness to completely discard intellectual honesty, though. Not that I do that myself, but it does show some brass balls.

Most of those things, I have seen most QBs do. Sorry, but the fact that he has some negative emotion after a bad play on the field doesn't mean squat. There is nothing I dislike more in sports than people that criticize how a guy acts after a bad play. If a QB has no emotion, then he'd be called out for not caring. It simply doesn't matter unless it is an extreme, which Manning's isn't.

The only issue I had with him was that he went to the media with it and things like that should be kept in house, thats all. I dont even care about his feelings on the issue but when you go tot he media with something, it puts a bad light on the situation to not only everyone else but your teammates as well, a few years ago it almost tore the giants apart.

He didn't go to the media, the media went to him. And he answered honestly. Personally, I don't mind a guy who answers honestly. The canned answers to the media that tell us nothing gets boring after awhile. In May, honestly should be allowed when it really wasn't that critical of important things. The fact that he said Winters and Johnson aren't doing any coaching right now isn't overly critical bc it is obvious. The media simply needs to do a little research to understand what he was talking about.

As for teammates, what he does in practice, before practice, and in the weight room speaks much much louder than this.

What with the Giants are you talking about? Just curious.

He does? When was mannings number 1 and number 2 receivers, new guys and rookies?

I didn't say receivers. I was referring more to offensive linemen (which has always been much less experienced than most teams), defense, and even RBs a little.

Whoa whoa whoa....

Who you calling a commie???

That's Tommy. I'm the right wing facist.

Damned skippy.

There are like 2 months worth of fail in this thread. We shouldn't be so wasteful with it.

Also: Manning is a teabagging little bitch, Dungy is the Antichrist and NONE of them can rush the QB. And Cassel sucks.

He didn't go to the media, the media went to him. And he answered honestly. Personally, I don't mind a guy who answers honestly. The canned answers to the media that tell us nothing gets boring after awhile. In May, honestly should be allowed when it really wasn't that critical of important things. The fact that he said Winters and Johnson aren't doing any coaching right now isn't overly critical bc it is obvious. The media simply needs to do a little research to understand what he was talking about.

As for teammates, what he does in practice, before practice, and in the weight room speaks much much louder than this.

What with the Giants are you talking about? Just curious.

They didnt twist his arm to make him say it, he did that on his own. You can tell them whatever you want, he does not have to spill his guts on every bad thing going on within the team's walls.

They didnt twist his arm to make him say it, he did that on his own. You can tell them whatever you want, he does not have to spill his guts on every bad thing going on within the team's walls.

Going back and reading your posts in this thread, I think you're missing something. He isn't criticizing the coaches bc he wasn't talking about Caldwell and Christensen. In fact, if you go back and read all of his quotes, he talks positively about the both of them. My god, he has had more staid coaching than almost any other great player that I can remember when you also include Phil Fulmer and Jim Mora, so the last thing I'd say about Manning is that he is critical of his coaches.

He was referring to Winters and Johnson as not doing any coaching, which is obvious considering they were interns who had just gotten there a week ago. Therefore, they did not have a "full coaching staff" like every other team in the NFL has. So he wasn't criticizing anyone, he was simply saying the reality of the situation.

Too bad people aren't willing to put in the effort so that they can actually understand what Manning is talking about. The only people that matter do understand what he's talking about, and that is all that counts. What you, me, or a media member thinks doesn't matter.

Going back and reading your posts in this thread, I think you're missing something. He isn't criticizing the coaches bc he wasn't talking about Caldwell and Christensen. In fact, if you go back and read all of his quotes, he talks positively about the both of them. My god, he has had more staid coaching than almost any other great player that I can remember when you also include Phil Fulmer and Jim Mora, so the last thing I'd say about Manning is that he is critical of his coaches.

He was referring to Winters and Johnson as not doing any coaching, which is obvious considering they were interns who had just gotten there a week ago. Therefore, they did not have a "full coaching staff" like every other team in the NFL has. So he wasn't criticizing anyone, he was simply saying the reality of the situation.

Too bad people aren't willing to put in the effort so that they can actually understand what Manning is talking about. The only people that matter do understand what he's talking about, and that is all that counts. What you, me, or a media member thinks doesn't matter.

The coaches here are not coaching, they hired a couple of guys but they are still learning. Maybe I am missing the compliment in there. Or maybe he was calling his coach quitters, it seems that can be said no matter what a QB says.

The coaches here are not coaching, they hired a couple of guys but they are still learning. Maybe I am missing the compliment in there. Or maybe he was calling his coach quitters, it seems that can be said no matter what a QB says.

The coaches he was referring to are the ones that were just hired, Winters and Johnson. It's obvious when you go back and read the whole interview. So therefore, the fact that he said that THEY aren't doing any coaching, is merely a statement of the obvious and not critical or controversial.

You will also see him talk about how Christensen did the 3rd down and redzone gameplanning the last few years, and how Caldwell is asserting himself as a coach.

The coaches he was referring to are the ones that were just hired, Winters and Johnson. It's obvious when you go back and read the whole interview. So therefore, the fact that he said that THEY aren't doing any coaching, is merely a statement of the obvious and not critical or controversial.

You will also see him talk about how Christensen did the 3rd down and redzone gameplanning the last few years, and how Caldwell is asserting himself as a coach.

So manning was not talking about the two coaches that replaced the two coaches that just left but two other coaches nobody knew about? yeah that makes sense. I guess most everyone on hear and the entire media did not think it was so obvious.

shipment-of-fail.jpg

So manning was not talking about the two coaches that replaced the two coaches that just left but two other coaches nobody knew about? yeah that makes sense. I guess most everyone on hear and the entire media did not think it was so obvious.

It is obvious considering the sentence before he said something like "I know we just brought in a few guys, but they're learning". Considering that Caldwell and Christensen had been there for 7 years, he obviously wasn't talking about them.

Chris Mortensen and Clayton knew who he was talking about bc they actually did the research. A few of the local media members knew what he was talking about.

Why are you surprised that the other national idiots didn't know what he was talking about? They put little effort into their jobs, so they are often inaccurate.

It is obvious considering the sentence before he said something like "I know we just brought in a few guys, but they're learning". Considering that Caldwell and Christensen had been there for 7 years, he obviously wasn't talking about them.

Chris Mortensen and Clayton knew who he was talking about bc they actually did the research. A few of the local media members knew what he was talking about.

Why are you surprised that the other national idiots didn't know what he was talking about? They put little effort into their jobs, so they are often inaccurate.

That is obvious? He talked about coaches leaving and then said they brought coaches in....so we were supposed to think he was not talking about the new coaches???? WOW this is a stretch.

That is obvious? He talked about coaches leaving and then said they brought coaches in....so we were supposed to think he was not talking about the new coaches???? WOW this is a stretch.

The guys "just brought in" are not Caldwell and Christensen. They have been their 7 years. Winters/Johnson are interns who were just hired a mere week ago. So yes, it is obvious that those are the two he was talking about.

Come on man, it's pretty obvious. The "full coaching staff" is in reference to Winters and Johnson just being hired a few days earlier, which like he said, isn't normal.

"It's not normal not having a full coaching staff,'' Manning said. "I know we hired a couple of guys to come in, but these guys are learning. They're not offering a lot of coaching out there, I can assure you of that.''

The Patriots have hired their coaches back in February, and you can bet that Brady knows who will be calling the plays. The Pats don't announce much through the media, as we know.
Really? Who's our OC? Just curious because there isn't one.

But as far as not announcing much through the media, maybe they should take Media Relations 101 with Peyton as their teacher.

Come on man, it's pretty obvious. The "full coaching staff" is in reference to Winters and Johnson just being hired a few days earlier, which like he said, isn't normal.

"It's not normal not having a full coaching staff,'' Manning said. "I know we hired a couple of guys to come in, but these guys are learning. They're not offering a lot of coaching out there, I can assure you of that.''

Its NOT being a TEAM player to talk about this in the media. Coaches are a part of that team SHADDAP if you got nothing good to say SHUT your pimply face up Peyton.:) With all due respect..

Tell you what, 999.

Point out to me coaches and players who are supporting what Peyton said. Nevermind Polian; he's just covering for his QB.

Dungy intimidated that Peyton was wrong to say it.

Rodney stated that Peyton was wrong to say it.

All the talking heads on sports television stations are saying that he shouldn't have said it.

So who's got Peyton's back?

I don't think it's a big deal, but let's call it what it is: unprofessional, and not the sign of a leader.

Its NOT being a TEAM player to talk about this in the media. Coaches are a part of that team SHADDAP if you got nothing good to say SHUT your pimply face up Peyton.:) With all due respect..

Alright, dont make jaric pull out the brady calling his team quitters again. It seems thats all they have even though it was not said in the video if we try real hard we can interpet it to mean something close.

The Patriots have hired their coaches back in February, and you can bet that Brady knows who will be calling the plays. The Pats don't announce much through the media, as we know.

I'm late to this interesting thread but I do have a couple observations to share. I don't know what Manning said about his coaches but I do know that Brady (and the rest of the Pats' QBs) had to face a serious staff shake-up; not in February but during training camp when their QB Coach Dick Rehbein passed away during August 2001. The QB coach position was not filled that season as a result. Charlie Weiss and Bill Belichick juggled the duties between themselves. On top of that, Brady was thrown in as an unknown second year guy who performed very well. A very trying time I'm sure.

Secondly, I have to back up what Mayhem was saying earlier in this thread. There's no way that Howard Mudd was holding a video camera during games when he was an offensive line coach anywhere in the NFL. Just no way.

He is a coach, not a videographer. He may be able to steal signs with the best of them (not lip reading but defensive signals sent in from the sideline-lip readers steal offensive signals which are sent in via radio). I can't say for certain what JJ was talking about but I can say for certain that he did not mean that Mudd was holding a video camera while he was coaching. There's a chance that Mudd held the camera when he was breaking into coaching and hadn't attained an assistant's position yet but not after.

JJ may have been identifying Mudd as Shotty's version of Ernie Adams-breaking down the video taped signals and deciphering them for future use-but he wasn't KC's version of Matt Walsh or Matt Estrella. Mudd was on a staff that made use of video taped signals, but he didn't do the filming. Not that it matters. After all, what's the difference?

Tell you what, 999.

Point out to me coaches and players who are supporting what Peyton said. Nevermind Polian; he's just covering for his QB.

Dungy intimidated that Peyton was wrong to say it.

Rodney stated that Peyton was wrong to say it.

All the talking heads on sports television stations are saying that he shouldn't have said it.

So who's got Peyton's back?

I don't think it's a big deal, but let's call it what it is: unprofessional, and not the sign of a leader.

Why would they have to support him or not? It's not a big deal to anyone but us fans and the media. So yes, I think the players and coaches would "support Peyton" if they have to, but they don't. I bet this hasn't even been brought up once in the Colts' complex in the last week.

Back