Rumors out there that the Pats are after Stefon Diggs.

Kraft has to check his cash flow relative to AB fiasco

If it’s not clear to everyone by now that this team needs Offensive line men over WRs, then I dunno I guess I’ll just keep banging my head against the wall.

If it’s not clear to everyone by now that this team needs Offensive line men over WRs, then I dunno I guess I’ll just keep banging my head against the wall.

I agree. Diggs would be great, but the O Line needs help desperately.

What's your choice? SD or a top Olineman?

Thanks in large part to the AB schadenfreude the Pats have <$200K in cap space. Diggs is signed through the 2023 season in a deal worth $81 million, including more than $40 million in guarantees. He's due $7.2M over the next 12 games. It could be done by extending a few players or by converting future salary to signing bonus but is Diggs worth $10M/ year AND a high draft pick? That's a decision for BB but he's not worth anything close to that in my mind.

Plus Ben Watson is back (roster exemption til Sat.) & Edelman is healing, not to mention 3 wks of the Redskins, Giants and Jete, all Ws as we are. Next the Browns come to Gillette in week 8. Another W. Harry and Cajuste are eligible for the Ravens in week 9. Wynn can come back vs the Eagles week 10. Develin after that. Pick 2 of the 4.

Other than another injury at WR or OL, I'm good as we are for what's coming up and the players who are hopefully coming back. BB can always cut our 53rd player to sign someone better, however. Olszewski's head should be on a swivel although there are a couple of other candidates.

Thanks in large part to the AB schadenfreude the Pats have <$200K in cap space. Diggs is signed through the 2023 season in a deal worth $81 million, including more than $40 million in guarantees. He's due $7.2M over the next 12 games. It could be done by extending a few players or by converting future salary to signing bonus but is Diggs worth $10M/ year AND a high draft pick? That's a decision for BB but he's not worth anything close to that in my mind.

Plus Ben Watson is back (roster exemption til Sat.) & Edelman is healing, not to mention 3 wks of the Redskins, Giants and Jete, all Ws as we are. Next the Browns come to Gillette in week 8. Another W. Harry and Cajuste are eligible for the Ravens in week 9. Wynn can come back vs the Eagles week 10. Develin after that. Pick 2 of the 4.

Other than another injury at WR or OL, I'm good as we are for what's coming up and the players who are hopefully coming back. BB can always cut our 53rd player to sign someone better, however. Olszewski's head should be on a swivel although there are a couple of other candidates.

Gotta go Wynn and Develin - no?

Cajuste is on PUP, so he won't count as an IR activation. So if you include him, it can be 3 out of 4.

Where’s Meredith in the timeline chev?

I like Diggs. I don’t love Diggs. That’s love money. Pass.

Everything hinges on IR health.

Wynn has turf toe. That can linger forever. I imagine it’s even harder for a fattie.

Develin has a neck issue. And he’s a blocking fullback. A human battering ram. Not ideal.

Harry looked like a hammie tweak. Should be fine. But he’s a rook. Doesn’t seem like a quick learner by rumor.

Meredith?

Cajuste is a blind option. No data outside draft reports. Dante’s verdict.

That’s a lot of options. Some not eligible depending who is tabbed. But the team will have a distinctively different look in a month.

Gotta go Wynn and Develin - no?

Hard to say. Harry (1) gets 3 additional weeks of play over Develin and (2) Develin's disc protrusion in his neck could end his season.

I'd like to see Izzo tried at FB (couldn't hurt) if Jakob Johnson can't do the job.

Hard to say. Harry (1) gets 3 additional weeks of play over Develin and (2) Develin's disc protrusion in his neck could end his season.

I'd like to see Izzo tried at FB (couldn't hurt) if Jakob Johnson can't do the job.

If Mason keeps struggling as bad as he has put him at FB.

If Mason keeps struggling as bad as he has put him at FB.

I can't decide if it's Mason or if it's bc Mason is being coached to help Karras out at center. It's easy to see Karras can't get to the 2nd level which Andrews was great at doing. Also, the Bills actually stacked the box against our running game since our WRs couldn't get open vs their CBs. They dared TB to pass and it worked brilliantly for the Bills. Brady had a terrible game.

Other teams with good CBs are studying that game film for sure.

Can he block the pass rush (see what I did there)?

Cajuste is on PUP, so he won't count as an IR activation. So if you include him, it can be 3 out of 4.

Great point. Meredith too.

Where’s Meredith in the timeline chev?

I like Diggs. I don’t love Diggs. That’s love money. Pass.

Everything hinges on IR health.

Wynn has turf toe. That can linger forever. I imagine it’s even harder for a fattie.

Develin has a neck issue. And he’s a blocking fullback. A human battering ram. Not ideal.

Harry looked like a hammie tweak. Should be fine. But he’s a rook. Doesn’t seem like a quick learner by rumor.

Meredith?

Cajuste is a blind option. No data outside draft reports. Dante’s verdict.

That’s a lot of options. Some not eligible depending who is tabbed. But the team will have a distinctively different look in a month.

I almost brought up Meredith but very few here know anything about him, so...

He's been an effective player + he's a veteran who's been around the block with experience playing against adversity. He's a determined and capable WR - he's solid and has good hands but he's not a star. I'd put him as a step above Hogan. I don't know his health situation though.

Harry went through camp & he is attending every meeting so he's not starting from scratch. Harry would help immensely by giving the Pats (Brady) a solid option between the numbers 10-15 yds up field which we didn't have with Edelman's injury vs the Bills. Brady loves throwing to the middle of the field on ins, seams and crossers and he didn't have that option on Sunday. This is another area where Meredith can shine.

If everything falls in line, we should be fine by Thanksgiving.

---------- Post added at 08:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 AM ----------

Can he block the pass rush (see what I did there)?

Karras? Yes, good enough. He's better in the passing game than the running game.

Great point. Meredith too.

I almost brought up Meredith but very few here know anything about him, so...

He's been an effective player + he's a veteran who's been around the block with experience playing against adversity. He's a determined and capable WR - he's solid and has good hands but he's not a star. I'd put him as a step above Hogan. I don't know his health situation though.

Harry went through camp & he is attending every meeting so he's not starting from scratch. Harry would help immensely by giving the Pats (Brady) a solid option between the numbers 10-15 yds up field which we didn't have with Edelman's injury vs the Bills. Brady loves throwing to the middle of the field on ins, seams and crossers and he didn't have that option on Sunday. This is another area where Meredith can shine.

If everything falls in line, we should be fine by Thanksgiving.

---------- Post added at 08:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 AM ----------

Karras? Yes, good enough. He's better in the passing game than the running game.

dammit Super Sport...you blew the punch line...:sulk:

I can't decide if it's Mason or if it's bc Mason is being coached to help Karras out at center. It's easy to see Karras can't get to the 2nd level which Andrews was great at doing. Also, the Bills actually stacked the box against our running game since our WRs couldn't get open vs their CBs. They dared TB to pass and it worked brilliantly for the Bills. Brady had a terrible game.

Other teams with good CBs are studying that game film for sure.

The Bills definitely pressured Karras and my take was that, for about the first time in his brief career, Mongo Jr. faced a guy that was capable of overwhelming him physically in Jordan Phillips who goes about 360 and is playing the best ball of his career.

Karras is very sturdy as an anchor and it probably freaked him out that he was on skates Sunday. He struggled, but it wasn't just him as Leslie Frazier had us dialed-in across the board. My guess is that he figured out how to disrupt the timing of our offense and had the personnel to pull it off and it remains to be seen whether anybody else can pick up on that.

I think this game highlighted how much we depended on Hellboy Develin to clean up the last body to spring our backs. Jakob Johnson is a try-hard kid, but he's no Hellboy. He's got a ways to go or we're going to have to scrap the I as a staple of the O.

I think, after a second watch, that Buffalo is probably a lot better on D than people realize. Matt Milano (!) plays like an all-pro against us and Tremaine Edmunds is starting to really come on now that he's got a little experience. That guy is going to be the best LB in football pretty soon. His speed and length are phenomenal and for the first time he looked to me like he knew exactly what he was seeing in front of him. Fucking Edmunds. Jesus he was impressive and disruptive.

Ed Oliver was not a wasted first-round pick and they bring enough pressure to allow their backfield to play aggressively.

I think part of the problem was that they are simply really good and will be filled with confidence moving forward.

when is the AB grievance going to be heard? If the Pats win, does that free up the cap space? I'm not positive that they will win, that would depend on the way the contract was written...

overall though, I'd rather see the Pats move for O Line help... I dont think the guy in washington is viable at this point, but making a move for another player who has been playing would help shore up the biggest current weakness on the team...

Back