Ryan Clark: Tom Brady Sees "Ghosts"

Michigan Dave

NATIONAL CHAMPION.
Reaction score
This will end well.

Undefeated Pats gonna do work on <s>our bitches</s> Pittsburgh, as usual, and Clark gets the Anthony Smith treatment. Nov 3? CAN'T WAIT.

http://nesn.com/2013/05/steelers-sa...-brady-sees-ghosts-damages-patriots-mystique/

Steelers Safety Ryan Clark Says Tom Brady ‘Sees Ghosts,’ Damages Patriots Mystique
by Luke Hughes on Mon, May 6, 2013 at 6:36PM

Life is a going to be a bit tougher for Tom Brady this year as he adjusts to an offense not predicated on wide receiver Wes Welker. So tough, in fact, that Steelers safety Ryan Clark thinks he’ll be seeing ghosts this season. Clark answered some questions about the Patriots during an appearance on ESPN’s NFL Live on Monday afternoon, discussing Brady specifically and how he will have to get used to Danny Amendola as his new primary target. “I think what’s really underestimated is Wes Welker’s importance to not only the New England Patriots, but Tom Brady,” Clark said. “I know they think Danny Amendola can come in and have the same type of numbers he had with the Rams, but we also have to remember, he’s fragile. He’s not a guy who has completed a whole season, especially playing inside in what can be a physical AFC East.”

As for Brady’s poise and efficiency in the pocket, Clark seems to think it’s actually pretty easy to fluster the Patriots quarterback. The veteran safety even pinpointed some of Brady’s jittery tendencies as proof. “In 2010, we saw it start with the Jets in the playoffs,” Clark added. “When Tom Brady gets pressure and when you’re man-to-man and bumping those guys and making it hard for him to throw, he sees ghosts. Even when guys aren’t around him, even when he’s not about to be sacked, when his clock goes off in his head that the ball should be out, we’ll see him duck, we’ll see him flinch. When you get Tom Brady doing that, the whole New England Patriots mystique goes away.”

Clark didn’t seem to intend any disrespect to Brady with the comments, but you can be sure that they will be playing in the back of Brady’s head when the Steelers visit Gillette Stadium on Nov. 3.

I'm sure he meant goats.

tom-brady-goat.jpg

He's not entirely incorrect, though, is he?

(About Tom or any other QB in the NFL for that matter)

No. It's just a bad, bad, bad idea to state this publicly. Especially against a guy who has a track record of repeatedly forcing himself upon your team Kobe-style.

No. It's just a bad, bad, bad idea to state this publicly. Especially against a guy who has a track record of repeatedly forcing himself upon your team Kobe-style.

Are you suggesting T Brah is going to hold the steelers down and force his touchdowns inside them?

I think he's already beaten by thinking NE and Brady have 'a mystique' :cool:

But when your QB is BenTodd, TFB must look like a magical wizard.

What makes the whole thing funny is the steelers missed the playoffs last year and they're talking about the patriot mystique wearing off.

What makes the whole thing funny is the steelers missed the playoffs last year and they're talking about the patriot mystique wearing off.

What makes it normal is that the Steelers missed the playoffs last year and they're talking.

Oh it was worse than that...he was on NFL Live and this is only part of it. He said when the Steelers ran their regular defense against the Pats, TB picked them apart so they changed up last time and beat the Pats. He basically sounded like he feels the Steelers have "solved" the Pats O.

If a Patriots player ever said this even about PM, who I despise,when the Pats were on their run of beating the Colts, I would be furious with him. I loathe Ryan Clark and his spygate laced c*ckiness. I hope they "run it up" on those bitches.

RUN.
IT.
UP.

And save some for James Harrison as well.
And the Ravens.

Oh it was worse than that...he was on NFL Live and this is only part of it. He said when the Steelers ran their regular defense against the Pats, TB picked them apart so they changed up last time and beat the Pats. He basically sounded like he feels the Steelers have "solved" the Pats O.

If a Patriots player ever said this even about PM, who I despise,when the Pats were on their run of beating the Colts, I would be furious with him. I loathe Ryan Clark and his spygate laced c*ckiness. I hope they "run it up" on those bitches.

RUN.
IT.
UP.

And save some for James Harrison as well.
And the Ravens.
I am looking forward to: (1) booing the shit out of Welker and running it up on the Broncos; (2) running it up on the Steelers; (3) running it up on the Ravens.

Can't stomach Clark or that team, but he has a point about Brady. It's gotten worse since the injury, the ghost pass rushers. Doesn't happen THAT often, but it's not uncommon to see him duck when no one is within 5 feet

About those "ghosts" Clark was talking about: Brady vs. the blitz in 2012, lead NFL with 67.1%, 1,790 yds, 135.6 PR, 18 TDs, 0 INTs.

Maybe there weren't so many ghosts after all.

When Brady's internal clock goes off, he thinks he should get rid of the ball............yeah. That's right. Like when any running QB takes off. What's his point? :huh:

I am looking forward to: (1) booing the shit out of Welker and running it up on the Broncos; (2) running it up on the Steelers; (3) running it up on the Ravens.
Ahhh yess. In my anger I forgot, some prison style buttsechs (no lube, no mercy)must be saved for the Broncos.
Can't stomach Clark or that team, but he has a point about Brady. It's gotten worse since the injury, the ghost pass rushers. Doesn't happen THAT often, but it's not uncommon to see him duck when no one is within 5 feet
I think most of us acknowledge he now does this sometimes. Some think it's to preserve himself since the injury made him feel his football mortality, some think it's cringing. What's really funny is no one, ABSOLUTELY NO ONE ever criticized PM for turtling. And he's done it for years.

Still...Brady could be a quivering mass of Bill Cosby endorsed Jello pudding out there and Clark should simply have...STFU. But it's not in his DNA. He's like one of those windup sets of plastic teeth, he just chatters chatters chatters.

When Brady's internal clock goes off, he thinks he should get rid of the ball............yeah. That's right. Like when any running QB takes off. What's his point? :huh:

I think he's saying that Brady should take the sack, the way Big Ben would.

:shrug:

I think he's saying that Brady should take the sack, the way Big Ben would.

:shrug:

Ha! I was thinking the same thing. When your QB has no internal clock, I guess it is a confusing proposition to consider. :wink:

Frankly, I think much of what Clark says is the truth. Brady was dodging phantoms in that Jet game, and even more so in the terrible regular season game against the Giants the next year. I thought he looked more comfortable last year, though.

Hopefully we see 2003 angry Brady and not 2010 on angry Brady. It used to bring out the best in him but for some reason he's had some stinkers lately when guys give him grief.

Ha! I was thinking the same thing. When your QB has no internal clock, I guess it is a confusing proposition to consider. :wink:

Frankly, I think much of what Clark says is the truth. Brady was dodging phantoms in that Jet game, and even more so in the terrible regular season game against the Giants the next year. I thought he looked more comfortable last year, though.

Hopefully we see 2003 angry Brady and not 2010 on angry Brady. It used to bring out the best in him but for some reason he's had some stinkers lately when guys give him grief.

I hope this triggers something with the Pats that they seemed to have lost, the "No Respect" card.

They should take this personally and be looking to humiliate the Steelers, and Clark especially.

Back