Same old Rex

I pick and choose what I read

I didn't watch the Bills/Giants game today. I just saw the highlights though, and I gotta say that was some nice tackling by the Bills on the Giants final TD. It was a little dump off screen pass, but penalties though

SMFH

I pick and choose what I read

I didn't watch the Bills/Giants game today. I just saw the highlights though, and I gotta say that was some nice tackling by the Bills on the Giants final TD. It was a little dump off screen pass, but penalties though

SMFH

I watched the Red Zone channel all afternoon

I watched the Red Zone channel all afternoon

People cherry pick for excuses and buy into them when given reasons is my point. If I'm a Bills fan today, I'm pretty pissed off about the penalties, execution, and the poor tackling. That team has Rex written all over it, but blame the refs....

People cherry pick for excuses and buy into them when given reasons is my point. If I'm a Bills fan today, I'm pretty pissed off about the penalties, execution, and the poor tackling. That team has Rex written all over it, but blame the refs....

Absolutely and his gig is growing old.

Well, if Rex' primary goal is to have his team become "Bullies of the League," then "bully" for him ... he's been wildly successful so far.

Apparently, winning football games is his secondary goal.

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?518450-Please-Keep-Calm-we-are-2-2

From the bills board
Title
Please Keep Calm we are 2-2.
poster choccity2005

We have a rookie CB starting who shut Becham down.
All these players and coaches need time to gel and then we will see the production consistently.

Keep Calm we still have :

Texans (48-21) they loss today.
Titans
Jaguars
Miami in Buffalo
Jets twice
Redskins
Cowboys
Redskins
Eagles
Chiefs
Patsies

Only team i think we have no shot of beating is the Bengals b/c we have no answer for Green and that offense.

Unless this Team totally Implodes we are going to the Playoffs.

Yep the only team they won't beat is the bengals! lol
Talk about wearing rose colored glasses

That guy has it all figured out. But when it doesn't work out for them, and the Pats kick ass with that same schedule, it's "we have it easy."

cuckoo

So good defense no offense today. If his first reed wasn't open . He struggled .

Too bad the Bills don't play the Saints; we could all have a second helping of Rex impersonating his brother.

rex12.jpg

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?518450-Please-Keep-Calm-we-are-2-2

From the bills board
Title
poster choccity2005

All these players and coaches need time to gel and then we will see the production consistently.

Titans
Jaguars
Miami in Buffalo
Jets twice
Redskins
Cowboys
Redskins
Eagles
Chiefs
Patsies

Only team i think we have no shot of beating is the Bengals b/c we have no answer for Green and that offense.

I am sure his list of wins prior to yesterday included the Giants as well. Can't say I blame him though. Rex really makes you believe that his team is good and then when they poop the bed to the tune of 17 flags he says he is proud of them.

Four games does not determine how the rest of the season will go. It's far too soon to write off Rex and the Bills. Teams now have enough film/tape on each other to do better game planning, and make adjustments.

Have people already forgotten how the Pats looked after 4 games last season?

Four games does not determine how the rest of the season will go. It's far too soon to write off Rex and the Bills. Teams now have enough film/tape on each other to do better game planning, and make adjustments.

No dchester they haven't but remember the Patriots had a good core team to begin with.

I really think it is a mis-application to take what the Pats did last year and project on to other teams. For one thing, the Pats self-scout and self-correct better than any team in the league. They also lost their long time OL coach in Scar and took time to adjust.

I have never seen a Rex Ryan coached team ever get out of its own way. He is horrific at developing QBs and really the complete opposite of Bill in every way as Rex likes to blow smoke up his players tushes while Bill is just the opposite ...

I haven't forgotten that, but I was one who thought the Pats didn't look overall bad, just that they had a bad game against KC. To me they were still solid even before the Cinci Turnaround.

The Bills haven't impressed me one iota this year (but then the Dolfins did, so what to I know). The Bills have a defense but I just can't get behind Taylor and I've never been really impressed by Watkins.

Mainly, though, I think the difference is BB-Brady vs Ryan-Taylor as the difference in week four judgments. Brady can carry a team and is proven--Taylor not so much. BB will change strategies if one isn't working. Ryan defends what he does. Even after losing to the Pats, he discounted Lewis, saying the Pats should have run the ball, and he likes his overly emotional team even with all the penalties.

BB's teams have a history of getting better as the year progresses and Ryan's do not. If anything, they tend to regress.

I really think it is a mis-application to take what the Pats did last year and project on to other teams. For one thing, the Pats self-scout and self-correct better than any team in the league. They also lost their long time OL coach in Scar and took time to adjust.

I have never seen a Rex Ryan coached team ever get out of its own way. He is horrific at developing QBs and really the complete opposite of Bill in every way as Rex likes to blow smoke up his players tushes while Bill is just the opposite ...

I caught Rex's post-game presser... "I'm proud of this team"... "I'll take a team that fights"...

Those comments make no sense. Racking up 17 penalties is not being tough, it's not "fighting." It doesn't indicate you were trying too hard. If anything penalties come up from poor effort/form, from trying to cover for your mistakes.

I'm just surprised that the fans in Buffalo have bought his act. It's early, but if they don't right the ship soon, his tenure will play out the same as it did in NY, just a lot faster.

From a Buffalo Bills newspaper. Tom Coughlin says "Same Old Rex"

Orchard Park, N.Y. — Tom Coughlin had an idea of what to expect coming into Ralph Wilson Stadium to play the Buffalo Bills on Sunday.
He had played against a Rex Ryan team before, and he saw what the New England Patriots did to the Bills two weeks earlier in a 40-32 win. That's why, according to Dan Graziano of ESPN, Coughlin told his players the Bills would beat themselves with penalties. Sure enough, the Bills committed 17 penalties for 135 yards on their way to a 24-10 loss Sunday.
Tom Coughlin told his players before Sunday's game that the Bills would beat themselves with penalties. They committed 17 for 135 yards.
— Dan Graziano (@DanGrazianoESPN) October 4, 2015
http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bil...l#incart_most-commented_buffalo-bills_article

I'm not projecting anything. I'm saying it's too early to say how a 2 - 2 team will turn out. They might be 500 the rest of the way, but they also could put it all together, like the 2003 Patriots did. Last season, a lot of people said the Patriots weren't that good, and they hadn't been up to that point.

A few years back, the Patriots blew out a Rex Ryan led Jets team, and then later (in the playoffs) lost to them. Rex can learn from mistakes.

Things are not certain after week 4 for many teams. I see good things and bad things from the Bills, and a lot of it could be corrected. Now I'd be wrong if I was saying it WILL be corrected, and I'm not. I am simply acknowledging that it could be, (and that it's too early to say that it won't be).

I'm not projecting anything. I'm saying it's too early to say how a 2 - 2 team will turn out. They might be 500 the rest of the way, but they also could put it all together, like the 2003 Patriots did. Last season, a lot of people said the Patriots weren't that good, and they hadn't been up to that point.

A few years back, the Patriots blew out a Rex Ryan led Jets team, and then later (in the playoffs) lost to them. Rex can learn from mistakes.

Things are not certain after week 4 for many teams. I see good things and bad things from the Bills, and a lot of it could be corrected. Now I'd be wrong if I was saying it WILL be corrected, and I'm not. I am simply acknowledging that it could be, (and that it's too early to say that it won't be).

Sure. I get your point. My issue was more of the comparison to the Pats which I have seen a lot of lately. Fan bases whose teams are 1-3 saying don't forget what the Pats did last year. Fact is the Pats have had several slow starts, 2003, 2006, 2011, 2014 and all of those years either made the conf. champ game, the SB or won the SB. They are a team that is known to self correct better than anyone and play their best football post-Thanksgiving. That is their pedigree and why they have been the best franchise in football for 15 years.

I am not saying the Bills can't or won't improve or be there in the end but what the Pats do every season is why they are the Patriots and everyone else isn't.

From the bills board
Title
poster choccity2005

Titans
Jaguars
Miami in Buffalo
Jets twice
Redskins
Cowboys
Redskins
Eagles
Chiefs
Patsies

There's a reason to optimistic right there. Apparently, they play the Redskins twice :with:

Back