Sean McVay

I agree.... The Rams were one very horrible missed call away from missing the Super Bowl for a second consecutive year. If the ref gets that call right the Saints are in the Super Bowl no question. Rams didn't look all that shit hot to me against Dallas either. Rams started the season red hot but entered the playoffs looking very average. Beat a decent Dallas team, and then had help against the Saints. The Pats exposed the Rams. I do think the Rams are a very good team, but not near what some are saying they are. If it wasn't for their defense busting their ass last night it would have been one nasty blowout.

9-7, second place in the NFC West next year, miss the playoffs.

They're the Falcons from a couple years ago.

Brady was below average -to - bad until they started pulling out plays from 2014 in the 4th quarter.

Proves that BB is the best there ever was though. Everyone else zigs, he zags. Everyone copies the giant 3-4 concept, Belichick switches to a 4-3. Teams play mostly base, Belichick's base is nickel. Teams run a traditional 2-back offense, Belichick goes 5-wide and spreads them out. Teams take the time to make sure their offense is set, Patriots run the most efficient hurry up the league has ever seen. Teams all adopt a wide-open offense scheme, with nickel and dime defenses, Belichick goes 2 TEs and a fullback, and pounds it down your fucking throat. You 'do what you do' with that Rams offense, you start running Cover 2 Man like it's 2001.

:coffee: Boat will now be called '8 Rings'

Probably should have went to that big package after halftime, it worked wonders. No more 2 yard runs on 2nd and 10, but they didn't get it out until the middle of the 4th quarter and the pats went right down the field throwing. Two TE 2 backs, brings rams linebackers in to cover Edelman and gronk, yeah that worked.

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

Exactly, BB builds the team to the weakness of the league. he constantly changes and will continue to see the trend and adjust accordingly.

Steve Young, I believe, said most teams learn maybe 10 new things a week to prepare for the upcoming opponent but the Patriots search for smart players who can handle 50 changes a week and convert everything as they go forward. They are just a smarter team.

That's the key, you have to have the right players. You jump in the 4th quarter and tell an offense, hey we are going to do something we didn't practice at all the last two weeks, they are going to faint.

With the way that they built that team...their best chance to win it all was last night.

That's why I'm not giving McVay any credit until he does something. Donald is going to need to get paid, but my guess is that they're going to throw some absurd money at Goff instead. Guys will start walking, 3 years now McVay will be out on his ass. Like I said, Dan Quinn in Atlanta is the blueprint here. He was a hotshit young coordinator that was supposed to be the next big thing. Got to the Super Bowl his 2nd season, lost in the divisional round of the playoffs his third, missed the playoffs his 4th. The jury is still out but I'm expecting a brilliant 7-9 campaign there too.

That's why I'm not giving McVay any credit until he does something. Donald is going to need to get paid, but my guess is that they're going to throw some absurd money at Goff instead. Guys will start walking, 3 years now McVay will be out on his ass. Like I said, Dan Quinn in Atlanta is the blueprint here. He was a hotshit young coordinator that was supposed to be the next big thing. Got to the Super Bowl his 2nd season, lost in the divisional round of the playoffs his third, missed the playoffs his 4th. The jury is still out but I'm expecting a brilliant 7-9 campaign there too.

Yeah, I agree...the jury is out.

He could go either way. He seems like he will be good though. At least imo.

What was amazing was KVN knocked one of the intended receivers on his ass and THEN he went after Goff.

When that happened I look at my girlfriend and laughed while commenting, "I guess he didn't believe KVN was just going to charge him like a rabid bull."

Yeah, I agree...the jury is out.

He could go either way. He seems like he will be good though. At least imo.

you also thought the Rams were better than the Saints. Pretty sure the Saints would have put up more than 3 points.

I just don't buy them. I've heard the same things said about different teams and different coaches for far too long. Like I said, I remember when things like this were said about Jeff Fisher...think about that for a minute.

you also thought the Rams were better than the Saints. Pretty sure the Saints would have put up more than 3 points.

I just don't buy them. I've heard the same things said about different teams and different coaches for far too long. Like I said, I remember when things like this were said about Jeff Fisher...think about that for a minute.

Yes. The Rams are better than the Saints. I said it. The Saints lost to the Rams in the playoffs. They had a chance to win it in OT.

The Saints would probably match up better with the Pats though.

Once Kupp got hurt the offense changed for Goff, who is limited in his abilities. He is not a Coaches dream and money will be paid out.
Absolutely, Kupp was a huge loss for them, that was basically Goff's Edelman as far as chemistry goes.

Back