Sean McVay

I'm with you on this. Color me not impressed. I get tired of all the PC-BS that he'll be back, he'll win multiple rings...:blah: How many guys have we heard the same thing about over the years? Hell, I remember when Jeff Fisher was a rising young stud of a coach. Until you win something you haven't won dick. Would only be mildly surprised if McVay never makes it back.

To be fair, that is more the media saying he will be back and win multiple championships. I haven't heard McVay say anything in that regard ever. He always gives credit where credit is due. Like last night saying Bill and the Pats are a fantastic organization and he was out coached. He has been a very good head coach all year and took this team to the Super Bowl. Yes it was a dud of a performance from them offensively, but McVay as a person I think is a good guy. Obviously I don't know him personally, but from interviews he seems like a stand up person. Never seems arrogant or cocky, always gives credit to other teams. Not sure how you can not like somebody because of the way the media talks about them.

Patriots get a bad reputation a lot of the time because of the media. People say the Pats are super cocky.... Well actually no. They aren't. I never see BB or Tom Brady say anything remotely cocky. The media on the other hand can really paint a false picture. Happens daily in sports.

To be fair, that is more the media saying he will be back and win multiple championships. I haven't heard McVay say anything in that regard ever. He always gives credit where credit is due. Like last night saying Bill and the Pats are a fantastic organization and he was out coached. He has been a very good head coach all year and took this team to the Super Bowl. Yes it was a dud of a performance from them offensively, but McVay as a person I think is a good guy. Obviously I don't know him personally, but from interviews he seems like a stand up person. Never seems arrogant or cocky, always gives credit to other teams. Not sure how you can not like somebody because of the way the media talks about them.

Patriots get a bad reputation a lot of the time because of the media. People say the Pats are super cocky.... Well actually no. They aren't. I never see BB or Tom Brady say anything remotely cocky. The media on the other hand can really paint a false picture. Happens daily in sports.

if you read the post above yours you will see that Moose captured the exact sentiment I was going for. I'm sure McVay is a great guy, but that doesn't mean I have to buy in to the narrative. People say the Pats are cocky because they're ignorant, jealous hater assholes that want so badly for it to be true.

One thing McVay has gotten right is that he doesn't throw anybody under the bus, but stands up and accepts all the blame even if that is undeserved. That's a very BB-like trait in a coach. Never air your dirty laundry in public.

He's done a great job in rebuilding that team from the bottom fast and runs some really creative plays, but my sense is that he's just another coach compared to Bill.

One thing McVay has gotten right is that he doesn't throw anybody under the bus, but stands up and accepts all the blame even if that is undeserved. That's a very BB-like trait in a coach. Never air your dirty laundry in public.

He's done a great job in rebuilding that team from the bottom fast and runs some really creative plays, but my sense is that he's just another coach compared to Bill.

He showed me all he needed to when he declined that penalty late that would have pushed the Pats back out of FG range. Yeah, it would have given them a 1st, but it would have been 1st and 20 back out of FG range instead of 2nd and 6 in FG range late in a one score game. Still trying to figure out what he was thinking there.

He is far better than Tomlin is...but, Wade is very good though.
only real difference is he hired a spotter so he is not on the field during a play.

McVay is Pete Carroll 2.0. Rah Rah coach, pretty good game planner, but will wear thin with the players in a few years. I think he called a terrible game last night, but a lot of that was due to the tremendous Pats defense.

McVay and the Rams will take a big step back next year. I'm pretty sure we broke Goff last night.
Goff is now a Goof, toast

if you read the post above yours you will see that Moose captured the exact sentiment I was going for. I'm sure McVay is a great guy, but that doesn't mean I have to buy in to the narrative. People say the Pats are cocky because they're ignorant, jealous hater assholes that want so badly for it to be true.
I don't think he is all that great of a guy, something rubs me teh wrong way with him. I tihnk it is the Tim Robbins name repeat constantly. the "yes Mikie, i saw that too mikie, I agree mikie" stuff

He showed me all he needed to when he declined that penalty late that would have pushed the Pats back out of FG range. Yeah, it would have given them a 1st, but it would have been 1st and 20 back out of FG range instead of 2nd and 6 in FG range late in a one score game. Still trying to figure out what he was thinking there.
He made the call and changed it, that pissed BB off. and he was in full battle with his boys on the headset.

Agreed with this. Seems to happen after every SB with the NFC. Expected to be right back there the season after. It is most certainly not a lock for the rams to win the division as the 49er will be a lot better when Jimmy G returns at the helmet. Also Seattle will compete. The two games they played the Rams this year I think ended in 3 points or less. I like McVay but I do agree a game like this can make or break a coach. He was coach of the year material, but after that performance in the SB.... If they have an average to bad year next season he could be on the hot seat early.

Goff looked completely overmatched. I don't think I've felt more confident in the defense as the game wore on as I was in this game. I thought Goff just looked shook at the end.

Well, Jeff Fisher didn't like Goff coming out so there's that.

Goff looked completely overmatched. I don't think I've felt more confident in the defense as the game wore on as I was in this game. I thought Goff just looked shook at the end.

Agreed! Though a big part of that was the Patriots defense was ferocious last night. Goff had pressure most of the game and it started to get into his head. He is a good qb, but he isn't Tom Brady, Peyton Manning type where if he has pressure he can adapt and get rid of the ball quick with the dink and dunk. It literally looked like the offense just didn't have an answer even after half time with those adjustments. Goff will be a good qb for years to come but last night he was utterly overmatched by the Pats defense. I don't think he has seen pressure like that all season other than the Bears (and look how that game went for Goff and company)

Agreed! Though a big part of that was the Patriots defense was ferocious last night. Goff had pressure most of the game and it started to get into his head. He is a good qb, but he isn't Tom Brady, Peyton Manning type where if he has pressure he can adapt and get rid of the ball quick with the dink and dunk. It literally looked like the offense just didn't have an answer even after half time with those adjustments. Goff will be a good qb for years to come but last night he was utterly overmatched by the Pats defense. I don't think he has seen pressure like that all season other than the Bears (and look how that game went for Goff and company)

I don't think McVey helped him much with the play calling either.

For the most part, the Rams did 'what they do' all game.

This may not be popular but I DON'T LIKE THE GUY!

I don't care for him and I think Wade is the star of that show. Something about the way he has to have a spotter to pull him back tells me he lacks proper discipline and can't control his emotions when he needs to. He was gifted the call on the double penalty, it should have been 1st and 20 but they allowed him to change his call after the announcement. You could see him arguing with whomever on the headset. I think he will be Tomlin in a few years IF they can keep the band together, or continue to replace the lost parts. If not he is an OC in three years

Once Kupp got hurt the offense changed for Goff, who is limited in his abilities. He is not a Coaches dream and money will be paid out.

You're right on the money, and I'm getting sort of tired of everyone sucking his dick.

He had the #2 offense in the league this year, and put up 3efinpoints.

Like, the Patriots did stuff like, faked man, and went to Cover 2.

Not exactly rocket science.

Abandoned the run down only three, and made Goff drop straight back and try to make reads. Oh, Goff is the absolute bust we thought he was, by the way. If his first read isn't there, or the defense isn't biting on playaction, he can't do anything.

If I'm one of the 6 teams that hired someone who knew Sean McVay, I'm seriously worried today.

Let's face it, McVay turtled the entire playoffs, he just caught a couple of breaks on the way to the Super Bowl.

I don't think McVey helped him much with the play calling either.

For the most part, the Rams did 'what they do' all game.

Agreed completely. Pretty much a fail from the Rams vs a very hungry Patriots defense..... Recipe for disaster.

Yeah, Goff was poor. He's young enough that if he can learn from this and use the loss, he can bounce back. But it's a bad sign that the Patriots basically were able to stop the communication between McVay and Goff. McVay calls in changes to Goff right up to the 15-second limit based on what McVay and his coaches are seeing in the defense.

Goff's a bust, and benefits from running the Broncos offense. Jake Plummer ran that offense successfully, so did Tebow. It's really an offense for dummies.

Goff is no better than he was his first game of his rookie season. The game is too fast for him. He doesn't process fast enough.

The Van Noy sack is the perfect example. Goff rolls out and is patting the ball, no one's really near him, and Van Noy comes streaking in from 20 yards away to get the sack, on a play where he had more than enough time to at least throw the ball away. Van Noy came up on him too quickly, he misjudged, and took the sack.

You're right on the money, and I'm getting sort of tired of everyone sucking his dick.

He had the #2 offense in the league this year, and put up 3efinpoints.

Like, the Patriots did stuff like, faked man, and went to Cover 2.

Not exactly rocket science.

Abandoned the run down only three, and made Goff drop straight back and try to make reads. Oh, Goff is the absolute bust we thought he was, by the way. If his first read isn't there, or the defense isn't biting on playaction, he can't do anything.

If I'm one of the 6 teams that hired someone who knew Sean McVay, I'm seriously worried today.

Let's face it, McVay turtled the entire playoffs, he just caught a couple of breaks on the way to the Super Bowl.

I agree.... The Rams were one very horrible missed call away from missing the Super Bowl for a second consecutive year. If the ref gets that call right the Saints are in the Super Bowl no question. Rams didn't look all that shit hot to me against Dallas either. Rams started the season red hot but entered the playoffs looking very average. Beat a decent Dallas team, and then had help against the Saints. The Pats exposed the Rams. I do think the Rams are a very good team, but not near what some are saying they are. If it wasn't for their defense busting their ass last night it would have been one nasty blowout.

Well they were bound to improve with that infusion of free agents.

We'll see how they do when they start trying to build in the draft.

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

I agree.... The Rams were one very horrible missed call away from missing the Super Bowl for a second consecutive year. If the ref gets that call right the Saints are in the Super Bowl no question. Rams didn't look all that shit hot to me against Dallas either. Rams started the season red hot but entered the playoffs looking very average. Beat a decent Dallas team, and then had help against the Saints. The Pats exposed the Rams. I do think the Rams are a very good team, but not near what some are saying they are. If it wasn't for their defense busting their ass last night it would have been one nasty blowout.

Wade Phillips coached his ass off last night. Donald was lined up all over that line.

Goff's a bust, and benefits from running the Broncos offense. Jake Plummer ran that offense successfully, so did Tebow. It's really an offense for dummies.

Goff is no better than he was his first game of his rookie season. The game is too fast for him. He doesn't process fast enough.

The Van Noy sack is the perfect example. Goff rolls out and is patting the ball, no one's really near him, and Van Noy comes streaking in from 20 yards away to get the sack, on a play where he had more than enough time to at least throw the ball away. Van Noy came up on him too quickly, he misjudged, and took the sack.

What was amazing was KVN knocked one of the intended receivers on his ass and THEN he went after Goff.

So he must have drove TFB crazy all night huh? ROFL

Cheers

Brady was below average -to - bad until they started pulling out plays from 2014 in the 4th quarter.

Proves that BB is the best there ever was though. Everyone else zigs, he zags. Everyone copies the giant 3-4 concept, Belichick switches to a 4-3. Teams play mostly base, Belichick's base is nickel. Teams run a traditional 2-back offense, Belichick goes 5-wide and spreads them out. Teams take the time to make sure their offense is set, Patriots run the most efficient hurry up the league has ever seen. Teams all adopt a wide-open offense scheme, with nickel and dime defenses, Belichick goes 2 TEs and a fullback, and pounds it down your fucking throat. You 'do what you do' with that Rams offense, you start running Cover 2 Man like it's 2001.

:coffee: Boat will now be called '8 Rings'

Brady was below average -to - bad until they started pulling out plays from 2014 in the 4th quarter.

Proves that BB is the best there ever was though. Everyone else zigs, he zags. Everyone copies the giant 3-4 concept, Belichick switches to a 4-3. Teams play mostly base, Belichick's base is nickel. Teams run a traditional 2-back offense, Belichick goes 5-wide and spreads them out. Teams take the time to make sure their offense is set, Patriots run the most efficient hurry up the league has ever seen. Teams all adopt a wide-open offense scheme, with nickel and dime defenses, Belichick goes 2 TEs and a fullback, and pounds it down your fucking throat. You 'do what you do' with that Rams offense, you start running Cover 2 Man like it's 2001.

:coffee: Boat will now be called '8 Rings'
Exactly, BB builds the team to the weakness of the league. he constantly changes and will continue to see the trend and adjust accordingly.

Steve Young, I believe, said most teams learn maybe 10 new things a week to prepare for the upcoming opponent but the Patriots search for smart players who can handle 50 changes a week and convert everything as they go forward. They are just a smarter team.

Back