Seattle Injury Reportgate

Mortensen is saying their repeated violations means they are getting a much higher penalty.

Someone on Twitter pointed out that the Jets were hit with a 100K fine for tampering with Revies in 2015 and that was their 5th violation since 06 showing that Goodell lets the the Jets get away with anything.

This is why I actually feel bad for Seattle. The NFL front office is so obviously biased and corrupt. At least they will feel our pain.

Why not a first and a forth?
I mean the Wells report admitted the Team and Bill were innocent and we have a quote of Petey admitting his error.... It should be a 1st and 4th

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/report-colts-andrew-luck-played-with-cracked-ribs-since-week-3/

Article on Andrew Luck Nov 1st 2015

What's going to be more difficult to explain is the Colts not putting the injury on their weekly injury report. Luck showed up with a shoulder injury but nothing about ribs was ever revealed.

The Colts say Sunday is the first they've heard of it.

If that's the case, how on earth would Luck manage to play this long without anyone knowing about it? A curious situation that's hardly resolved -- league sources tell La Canfora the NFL plans to investigate whether or not the Colts violated protocol by not reporting the injury.

"Violations are subject to discipline, which may include a fine imposed on the club, fines and/or suspensions of individuals, as well as the possible forfeiture of a draft choice," La Canfora reports. "Every case is reviewed individually. The Colts had not been listing any ribs on the injury report for Luck."

Nothing happened of course.

Kind of like how BB stated he didn't really think taping signals from the field in 2007 was wrong as long as you didn't use them in the same game. Right?

Actually, IIRC, BB stated sometime around the deflategate kerfuffle that his issue was with the process that the NFL banned the use of cameras from other than designated locations.

That "rule" was put out via a letter from the league office.

BB's comment was that according to the NFL bylaws, the process for any rule change was that it had to be presented before the teams/owners who voted yea or nay. Then, and only then, would the rule change go into effect.

Since that hadn't happened, the letter was moot.

That was what he meant with his "interpreting the rule" comment at the time.

Setting that aside, it doesn't matter what a player/coach thinks a rule means. If the NFL thinks otherwise, then they can sanction you for it.

WOW.

Seahawks may lose 2nd-round pick for not disclosing Richard Sherman injury

Posted by Josh Alper on January 19, 2017, 1:21 PM EST
ATLANTA, GA - JANUARY 14: Head coach Pete Carroll of the Seattle Seahawks runs out against the Atlanta Falcons prior to the game at the Georgia Dome on January 14, 2017 in Atlanta, Georgia. (Photo by Scott Cunningham/Getty Images)
Getty Images
Seahawks coach Pete Carroll admitted this week that the team failed to disclose a knee injury that cornerback Richard Sherman was dealing with throughout the regular season, saying “he never missed anything” as a way of explaining why the team didn’t share the information.

The Seahawks could be missing something as a result of not disclosing Sherman’s condition. PFT reported that the NFL is looking into the situation; Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports that the team may lose a second-round pick as a penalty.

The league has issued fines in the past when teams haven’t shared full injury information, but there can be additional discipline handed down if teams have multiple offenses of league policies. The Seahawks have run afoul of the league three times due to violations of the rules governing offseason work, which led the NFL to strip a week of organized team activities this offseason and a fifth-round pick from the team.

There’s no word on when the league might announce any penalties for the Seahawks as a result of Carroll’s admission that their injury reports were incomplete during the regular season.

Well if Chris Mortensen is reporting it it has to be true. :coffee:

I believe the punishment will be that Seattle will receive the next draft selection that the NFL takes away from the Patriots.

So now we know why BB puts damn near every player on the injury report every week, Seattle has no one to blame but themselves on this one. Goodell will bring the hammer because he can.

I think that BB should start getting really creative about the injury report...that would be fun.

<i>“I’m feeling like I screwed that up with <s>not</s> telling you that,” Carroll eventually conceded. “He was OK, so I don’t know, he never missed anything I guess is probably why.”</i>

Fixed Petey's quote.

The Seachickens are serial violators. I thought that was why the severe penalties were brought down on the Pats, according to the <s>corrupt</s> league office? A 2nd round pick after violating practice rules at least twice and now this? Shows a pattern to me! I seriously would expect a first and fourth taken away and a significant fine. KC was screwed over on tampering while the Jets virtually got nothing.

According to Sheriff Goodell, ignorance of the law is no excuse, Petey, or maybe that only applies to NE, KC, and New Orleans.

Schefter said it as well.

Adam Schefter Verified account ‏<s>@</s>AdamSchefter

Seattle may lose 2nd-round pick in 2017 draft as a result of season-long failure to disclose knee injury to Richard Sherman, per <s>@</s>mortreport
The hypocrisy of the NFL FO is staggering. The Colts were caught for the exact same infraction with Luck's ribs but they weren't punished at all. Besides, I'm certain Russell Wilson was more probably than not aware of the infraction.

Ian Rapoport Verified account ‏<s>@</s>RapSheet

Loose end to tie up: <s>#</s>Colts won't be sanctioned by <s>@</s>NFL for questions they faced regarding Andrew Luck's injury report status. No violation
The Colts are clearly a favored franchise along with the Steelers (deflated balls this year - nada), the Giants (walkie-talkies, Josh Brown), the Jets (tampering with Revis) and the Cowboys (3 players with PED violations 2 consecutive years). All got off with little or no punishment.

We know the punishment for deflated balls but not even an investigation of the Steeler.
Ray Rice among others for domestic violence.
The Chiefs tampered and got 2 picks taken away.

#Integrity bullshit

Back