Seau might b back? Moss want to b

chef

4th Dimensional Guitar Hero
Reaction score
obviously, it means nothing at the moment but anyway

from Moss
(on if he'll be back next year with the Patriots)
"It just makes me hungry to play football. If I am in a New England Patriot uniform next year, I would love to be in one. If I am not, you know, the show must go on."

Seau

LB Junior Seau
(on if he's going to retire)
"I haven't thought about the future. I am having too much fun."

Moss sounds like a done deal: I could've actually envisioned him leaving this offseason had the Pats won the SB; I just can't now. He's got too much vested in this now. They need to wrap him up on DAY ONE of free agency, or whenever the heck the date is they are able to.

FWIW, I'd try to bring both Bruschi AND Seau back. I'm thinking they still need a young ILB, but the two fogies could serve as backups and STers. They are NOT the reason the Pats lost today.

hell, Moss was saying he wants to retire as a Patriot during this whole freaking week. I don't see the Pats not bringing him back. I wouldn't mind Seau coming back either... although in what role, I don't know.

Update on the team's involvement with Seau:

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1084437&srvc=rss
Patriots coach Bill Belichick indicated yesterday there’s no rush to make a decision on Junior Seau.

Last year the Pats didn’t reach out to the veteran linebacker until shortly before training camp. With the 39-year-old recovering from postseason surgery on his left rotator cuff and also mulling retirement, the Pats will take the same course.

“I think we’ll evaluate the situation with Junior a little bit further into the spring. We’ll see where he’s at,” Belichick said. “I don’t think really after the season with a player like that, is the time to make that decision. I think it’s good to give it a little time and we’ll plan on talking to him about that at some later point. There is no specific time or cutoff date, or anything like that. We’ll just take it as it comes.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I must've been sleeping when the news was released about Seau's offseason surgery. I remember reading somewhere that he dinged it up midseason. Anyways, I imagine the Pats will see what his desire level is and how his rehab is going before making any commitment towards next season. The prospect of neither Colvin or Seau returning for the 2008 campaign does leave me a little anxious however.

I think they'll bring in Seau just for depth and one more run. Give him all the time in the world to heal up I guess.

Our own Dan Pires with a scoop on Seau:

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080427/SPORTS/804270379
While the Patriots goal is to get younger at linebacker, though, don't rule out the 18-year veteran. Seau confirmed Saturday that the two sides have spoken, and he's expected to return to the area shortly for a physical, but he's not totally convinced that he's in the team's plans.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think whether Seau returns or not depends on the Pats plans for Hobson. If they plan on moving Hobson to the inside, Seau's career here may be over. If they determine Woods or Crable are not ready to take some snaps at OLB, and Hobson instead stays there, there should be room for Seau on the roster.

Our own Dan Pires with a scoop on Seau:

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080427/SPORTS/804270379
While the Patriots goal is to get younger at linebacker, though, don't rule out the 18-year veteran. Seau confirmed Saturday that the two sides have spoken, and he's expected to return to the area shortly for a physical, but he's not totally convinced that he's in the team's plans.

I think whether Seau returns or not depends on the Pats plans for Hobson. If they plan on moving Hobson to the inside, Seau's career here may be over. If they determine Woods or Crable are not ready to take some snaps at OLB, and Hobson instead stays there, there should be room for Seau on the roster.

I wouldn't be surprised if they signed Seau and let TC determine what the roles of the various players would or would not be.

I wouldn't think that any contract he would sign would have a large amount of guaranteed money, so the $ risk of signing him would be minimal.

If I was Seau, I'd retire. I mean, fer crissakes, you had the dream scenario last season... best coach, best QB, then the team went on a historic run.... and those mother#$@&ing #&*$head #@&%ers had to stop blocking and stop tackling and let Eli #@&*ing Manning throw downfield for a circus catch and then leave Dwarf Hobbs alone so he could let Plaxi#$&%ingco Burress get open for a #$&*ing mother$#&*ing TD.... :bang: :banghead: :suicide: :crying: :sulk: :shake:

But I'm not bitter. No.

So, anyway... after that whole friggin' nightmare, if I was Seau I'd say, "It's obviously not in the cards for me."

If I was Seau, I'd retire. I mean, fer crissakes, you had the dream scenario last season... best coach, best QB, then the team went on a historic run.... and those mother#$@&ing #&*$head #@&%ers had to stop blocking and stop tackling and let Eli #@&*ing Manning throw downfield for a circus catch and then leave Dwarf Hobbs alone so he could let Plaxi#$&%ingco Burress get open for a #$&*ing mother$#&*ing TD.... :bang: :banghead: :suicide: :crying: :sulk: :shake:

But I'm not bitter. No.

So, anyway... after that whole friggin' nightmare, if I was Seau I'd say, "It's obviously not in the cards for me."

This is why I adore you, you do make me laugh with post like this :):clap:

If I was a player who could still possibly contribute to winning a Super Bowl, and who had not won one yet, and who had the chance to join the team that Vegas (and DS!) thinks is most likely to win the SB in 2008-9, I'd give it one more go. Seau has the rest of his life to play v-ball and surf....

Seriously, it would be insane for him not to stay another year.

I wouldn't be surprised if they signed Seau and let TC determine what the roles of the various players would or would not be.

I wouldn't think that any contract he would sign would have a large amount of guaranteed money, so the $ risk of signing him would be minimal.
Troy Brown says hello. ;)

Back