seeing lots of over-confident Patriot fans out there.......

zeke mowatt

Reaction score
I'd be careful with that $hit.......

Every AFC team in the playoffs is capeable of beating the pats.

Jets beat us once already. Pats EASILY could have lost to both the Colts and Ravens. Guarantee Romeo and Fat Charlie could come up with something nasty for us.

Better slow your fugging roll, This $hit ain't in the bag yet.

Don't forget what happened the last two times NE has made the post-season........

Don't forget what happened the last two times NE has made the post-season........

The Pat's have made the post season every year since 2003 except 2008. The last time they won it all was after the 2004 season, so by my cypherin, it's four consecutive times they didn't win it all.

You're right. Hey everyone, let's just break this up until after the playoffs.

We'll meet back here in say, mid-February?

Ok, see you all then.

I bet I can answer this for 90% of the folks here. Or not. So I'll just answer for me.

I know losing is possible. And if we do I'll be royally bummed, but I'll be back on the horse by draft day. But optimism works for me much better than pessimism. And I see so much reason to be optimistic that I just prefer to, be well, optimistic.

That's all there is to it.

And Folks here are enjoying the moment too, I suspect and I suspect they too are aware of human mortality. They just aren't trying to wallow in it.

And how about you? You enjoy wringing your hands? How's that working out for you?

PS: Optimists only invited to my super-bowl party. Sorry you won't be able to make it.

Cheers, BostonTim

Jets beat us once already. Pats EASILY could have lost to both the Colts and Ravens. Guarantee Romeo and Fat Charlie could come up with something nasty for us.

That is why the Motto is One Game at a time. We can talk all we want. You know the famous saying actions speak louder than words.

I'm taking it one game at a time.. not looking past this week.. I'll look at all potential opponents and try not to get distracted by the media. If we don't bring our best fan game, and we fan like garbage, we aren't getting out of the bye week. After this week I'll know how to come up with a fan gameplan for next week because I'll know the opponent.. focus on taking away the strength of the opposing fans, like with the JETS it's false bravado.. Colts it's crying power.. know what we're up against.

Shouldn't you be out showing your cock in a locker room somewhere... :shrug:

Shouldn't you be out showing your cock in a locker room somewhere... :shrug:

He's really old. Sitting at home. Cranky. Near-sighted. Trying to learn the new technologies. Currently reading the new Brett Favre Biography: Junk-mail - I did it my way.

Cheers, BostonTim

Thanks for starting this thread cuz we're all cocky and arrogant about winning it all and need some Debbie Downer dooshbag realist to ground us all.

Why did you stop taking your meds, btw?

zeke, i guarantee the Pats don't lose this weekend. If that makes me arrogant, then let me be arrogant.

After losing to Peyton and his little doofus in back-to-back years. In the worst ways possible, I don't take any game or team for granted.

Honestly I haven't even seen anyone over-confident or saying that they're confident in this team winning every game to the SB. At the most, there are people stating what team they'd like to face in the playoffs and vice versa. We are fully aware that we can lose to anyone, and since you've brought up the Chiefs, thats the team i've been saying I wanted to stay away from the most.

By the way, the last two times we made it in the post season isn't as horrendous as you made it seem. We had somewhat of a sub-par team last year and got overpowered by a superior team, and the last time we made the super bowl.

The team doesn't look past their first game, so I don't see why we should. I haven't even seen anyone do that here, anyway.

Thanks for your kind words, sir. I'm sure the Patriots franchise values your support.

I can't wait till we go 21-0 next season and repeat as Super Bowl Champions...

The contest is not always to the strong, nor the race to the swift, but that's the way to bet 'em.

While it is possible for any team to beat the Pats, it is more likely that they will not.

You are saying a team isn't very good because a team that lost to them could have beaten them????

Sure, while the Ravens and Colts could have beaten the Pats, it is just as likely that the pats could have beaten the Jets and Browns and gone undefeated.

But neither one happened, so as I see it, there is no team currently playing at a higher level than the Pats, and it will require an any-given-Sunday fluke to beat them. Yeah, it could happen. Do you think it will? Neither do I.

I'm taking it one game at a time.. not looking past this week.. I'll look at all potential opponents and try not to get distracted by the media. If we don't bring our best fan game, and we fan like garbage, we aren't getting out of the bye week.
I think that barring nuclear armegeddon, I can pretty much guarantee we get out of the bye week and into the Divisional round.

Besides, how does fans looking ahead affect what happens on the field. It's the players that need to focus. Me, I'm already thinking 21-0 next year.

I supremely confident that the Pats will be one of the final 8 teams playing in January. Beyond that, I believe that the Pats are the most consistent team in the Super Bowl tourney, the team most capable of winning a playoff game even if they are somewhat off their game, and the team most sure of winning any given game if they play their best. Does that guarantee anything? Not at all. But it's a very good place to start.

I think that barring nuclear armegeddon, I can pretty much guarantee we get out of the bye week and into the Divisional round.

Besides, how does fans looking ahead affect what happens on the field. It's the players that need to focus. Me, I'm already thinking 21-0 next year.

What about a zombie apocalypse? :coffee:

Back