Should we trade CBE Brady

With an aging defense, a receiver that would not be around for long, that was the verge of a dynasty....do you know how many players are still here from the 2007 team? 8....was not on the verge of anything, the pats rebuilt and amazingly made it to a superbowl during the process of rebuilding.
bingo

If this thread were serious (instead of in jest, #GettingAReaction), it would officially surpass 'Welker loses Super Bowl' as most retarded thread of the day.

Maybe to you it's just entertainment. To some people, they take it very seriously, and it's a huge part of their lives. And if you want to compare Tom Brady to a lead singer in a crap ass band replacing its crap ass singer, you just don't have a clue about football.

BTW, your analogy is faulty. What would the Rolling Stones be without Mick Jagger?

Your oversimplification of what will make this a good team, i.e., Mallett becomes SB MVP by virtue of trading Brady and getting a "good" defense is ridiculous, immature, and not worthy of posting.

I did not say that at all, you did.

I said if BB could take a team with Mallett to a victory in the SB, then no one anywhere would ever say he rode TFB's coattails, and if TFB won under a 'different' system, then long would be gone that he was a produst of BB's 'system".

I did not say that at all, you did.

I said if BB could take a team with Mallett to a victory in the SB, then no one anywhere would ever say he rode TFB's coattails, and if TFB won under a 'different' system, then long would be gone that he was a produst of BB's 'system".

You ever think maybe....they are good together? Like Maybe BB likes having a hall of fame Qb that covers up a lot of holes and Brady likes having one of the best coaches ever to cover that part of it? What is BB's system anyway? Do your job?

If this thread were serious (instead of in jest, #GettingAReaction), it would officially surpass 'Welker loses Super Bowl' as most retarded thread of the day.

I had set my goals on that lofty perch many moons ago, but was despondent that I did not have the requisite skill set to come close to acquiring one for my trophy case.

Three weeks of 3 a days on the Jets site and I found I had an inner Rex Ryan in me afterall.

Maybe to you it's just entertainment. To some people, they take it very seriously, and it's a huge part of their lives. And if you want to compare Tom Brady to a lead singer in a crap ass band replacing its crap ass singer, you just don't have a clue about football.

BTW, your analogy is faulty. What would the Rolling Stones be without Mick Jagger?
Your oversimplification of what will make this a good team, i.e., Mallett becomes SB MVP by virtue of trading Brady and getting a "good" defense is ridiculous, immature, and not worthy of posting.

Where would the Stones be? Probably the same formulaic limp squad they they have always been.

Even joking, I would never compare Brady to Mick Jagger, wow!

I had set my goals on that lofty perch many moons ago, but was despondent that I did not have the requisite skill set to come close to acquiring one for my trophy case.

Three weeks of 3 a days on the Jets site and I found I had an inner Rex Ryan in me afterall.

Well, you almost made it - you'll just have to try a little harder next time. :zombie:

He would be worth lots of picks and those and the extra cap money could be used to shore up the D.

An Alex Smith can come within 2 fumbles by a practice squad player of beating the Giants. I don't see what more Brady accomplished than Smith.

We already have a crapload of picks..c-mon..I damn sure hope he retires a Patriot...Love the guy..not in a sexual way, but love his character and drive...SO HELL NO IS THE ANSWER!

He would be worth lots of picks and those and the extra cap money could be used to shore up the D.

An Alex Smith can come within 2 fumbles by a practice squad player of beating the Giants. I don't see what more Brady accomplished than Smith.

Eric Wilbur, is that you?

Smith had way more talent and experience on the other side of the ball. That's just a fact.

Keeping an open mind, if you want to trade Brady, you start with 3 first-round picks, at least 2 of those in the next year - and 2 all-pro/pro bowler-type players. Then you could at least answer the other team's phone call.

However, bear in mind that as he enters next season at 35 years old; his value drops day-by-day, every single day.

If you're going to trade Brady, you do it this offseason or you don't do it at all, because "Brady for a 3rd rounder and Darius Butler" isn't going to cut it.

I am in no way advocating or condoning trading Tom Brady. I'm just trying to look at it from an objective position.

Smith had way more talent and experience on the other side of the ball. That's just a fact.

Keeping an open mind, if you want to trade Brady, you start with 3 first-round picks, at least 2 of those in the next year - and 2 all-pro/pro bowler-type players. Then you could at least answer the other team's phone call.

However, bear in mind that as he enters next season at 35 years old; his value drops day-by-day, every single day.

If you're going to trade Brady, you do it this offseason or you don't do it at all, because "Brady for a 3rd rounder and Darius Butler" isn't going to cut it.

I am in no way advocating or condoning trading Tom Brady. I'm just trying to look at it from an objective position.

You have to be able to replace Brady, what do you replace him with? Mind you, you have to get 5000 yards, and 30+ TD's, and the ability to read defenses like no other and know all the play calls better than some of the coaches and the trust of Belichick and the leadership over the players.....but I am sure we have that tucked away somewhere, I mean usually its always a good time to trade your franchise QB after you go to the superbowl..

We should'im for Joe Mantegna!

2dvmkg9.jpg

Trade Brady to the Colts for this years number 1 and 2 and next years #1 and 2,and a 2 for the next year after that...:coffee:

You have to be able to replace Brady, what do you replace him with? Mind you, you have to get 5000 yards, and 30+ TD's, and the ability to read defenses like no other and know all the play calls better than some of the coaches and the trust of Belichick and the leadership over the players.....but I am sure we have that tucked away somewhere, I mean usually its always a good time to trade your franchise QB after you go to the superbowl..

I think it's a fair question. Brady is getting to the age where he is going to deteriorate physically, and he has more and more outside interests vying for his attention. BB has always felt that it is better to get rid of a player a year early rather than a year too late.

Understand that I am NOT advocating that we trade Brady, only that it is not an outrageous idea to start contemplating; you are right, we do NOT have a comparable replacement for Brady on the roster, and that will be a tough thing to do even when we reach the point where we have no choice.

Ryan Mallett has all of the physical and mental tools to be a successful starter in the NFL, but his resume in the NFL is currently on the sparse side.

Maybe we should trade Belichick while we are at it. Just think of the draft picks! 'Cause everyone knows, a high draft pick is always a sure thing, right? BB and Brady lost another Superbowl, this team is clearly one of the worst in the league, might as well bite the bullet and rebuild now while they still have value.

Ryan Mallet and Norv Turner shall lead us to our next dynasty! Have you ever seen either of them lose a Superbowl?

Back