So about those deflated balls........

Question for our legal eagles.
Could a fan base or media outlet put up a lawsuit against the NFL to release the PSI results from game balls that were tested? Because I personally will never let this issue die, I am one pissed off fan, and can't let go....

Would you ever admit to your bosses that you spent over 15 million dollars of their money because you didn't understand a concept taught in an 8th grade science class?

The NYJFL* will never let the public see the true PSI numbers.

I suspect the league will conclude that other teams are letting air out of the balls as well. They'll send out a memo, warning teams to stop it, and that will be the end of it.

:coffee:

Could a fan base or media outlet put up a lawsuit against the NFL to release the PSI results from game balls that were tested? Because I personally will never let this issue die, I am one pissed off fan, and can't let go....

<header class="article-header">Appeals court sides with lower court

</header>May 19, 2010
  • Associated Press PHILADELPHIA -- NFL fans miffed by the New England Patriots' secret videotaping of their opponents' signals can boycott games or team merchandise, but they can't seek legal damages for "Spygate," a U.S. appeals court ruled Wednesday.
    The appeals panel upheld a district judge's ruling that dismissed the suit by lawyer Carl Mayer, a New York Jets season ticket holder from Princeton, N.J.
    Mayer had argued that fans spent large sums to see games that were essentially rigged, and he sought $185 million in damages for Jets fans alone. The 3rd Circuit Court didn't buy it.

Can you sue? Most likely.

Can you win the lawsuit? Most likely not.

Was the NFL still officially a non-profit (lol) at the time? Are there freedom-of-information type responsibilities for non profits? Just spit ballin here...

Sent by the voices inside my head

Just sue for the actual PSI numbers no compensation in cash

I'm not a lawyer, and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, but I don't see how a fan would have any "standing", in the legal sense, to demand access to that data.

It is my understanding that to bring anything to court, one must show that they have suffered some sort of harm. This is what establishes that one has "standing".

About the only way I can envision one could make an argument in this vein is if one claimed they suffered "mental anguish" due to the whole kerfuffle and so want to know "The Truth".

I'm not thinking the court would find this compelling, and if they did, I'd expect Goodell to channel his inner Col Jessup.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UXoNE14U_zM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The only thing that confuses me is why would Brady destroy his cellphone? Even if he's innocent that decision alone is somewhat shady.

If you have ever been in a high profile job you would know that it is quite normal to destroy any access to any data on a phone once you have replaced it. This protects you and often the Company you are working for from hackers who can and often do farm info off of discarded devices. You all should know by now that you can't really wipe the data off of any device.

My advice to Peyton Manning? Destroy your cell phone.

The NFL was asked to investigate if the Pats deflated the balls in the AFC Championship game last year.

Their "smoking gun" of evidence was a series of texts sent in May, 9 months before the AFC Championship Game.

This my friends is the definition of "fishing expedition".

Furthermore, the leak factory would be all but sure to leak any juicy gossip it might have found.

Anyone who would hand over their private phone to their employer is an idiot.

He's such a dick.

Sours my previous feelings for them, the 49ers.

In hindsight, as we were being sold as an organization striving initially to be modeled as the 49ers everyone embraced it. Once we became a dynasty there was pushback, an attempt to distance and maintain some sense of superiority.

Now with the "they're just not good anymore" crap. The DG opinions and posturing. The irrelevance of the Stickum issue, how it's not comparable to deflated footballs etc.

Fvck them. Their whole collective group can eat a giant bag o dicks.

Fittingly in San Fran.

Back