So about those deflated balls........

Why would they do that, everyone knows that a football cannot lose pressure due to cold weather.:dith:
NFL believed that. Probably still stubbornly believe doing so may prove Pats cheated. If not, they can just keep the findings a secret.

Word is they switched the balls out at halftime with other balls that were inside during the entire first half.

Seems to me that they acknowledge that the Ideal Gas Law is an issue.

:huh:

Word is they switched the balls out at halftime with other balls that were inside during the entire first half.

The testing procedure mandates they replace the balls ( used in the first half) with the backup balls already tested so they have more time to do to test both sets of balls accurately lol. Then test the back up balls at the end of the game and compare.

~Dee~

So you think if he turns over his cell phone it clears his name? YOu did not follow this thing too closely did you. They had everything off his phone, to the point he asked them and they said its fine if he gets rid of it and gets a new one.

This is correct. Ted Wells was asked point-blank if he was satisfied with the info they had. He replied that he was delighted with everything and thrilled with how cooperative his pal Tom had been. All of this is on the record.

It was only after this exchange took place that Brady destroyed the phone and it was sometime thereafter that he was blamed for obfuscation, rudeness, sneaky behavior, character flaws, eating disorders, questionable internet surfing habits, criminal misconduct and blatant disrespect for the High and Mighty Office of the Commissioner of the National Football League, the exalted and honorable Roger Goodell.

He complied with their request and then they changed the rules of the game to make it look like Brady was dirty. Shit tactics and only a goddamned fool couldn't see that for what it was.

I guess there are a lot of fools around, though.

Any link

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/10/report-nfl-to-test-psi-at-halftime-of-todays-game/

Posted by Mike Florio on January 10, 2016, 1:38 PM EST

The NFL finally will know what happens inside a football during games played in extreme cold. Whether the rest of us find out is a different question.

Sal Paolantonio of ESPN reports that the NFL will implement its random PSI testing protocol at Sunday’s Seahawks-Vikings game.

The procedure entails testing all team’s footballs at halftime, taking them out of service, and finishing the game with the backup balls, which then will be tested after the game ends.

Given the conditions and the application of the Ideal Gas Law, the footballs likely will be well below the mandated minimum of 12.5 PSI. The NFL admitted within the context of the Tom Brady case that it was not aware of the reality that, when footballs are taken into the cold, the air pressure shrinks like a frightened turtle.

The league has been randomly testing PSI throughout the year. It has not committed to whether any of the numbers will be publicly released. It’s safe to say that today’s numbers may never be voluntarily disclosed.

It’s also safe to say that 11 0f 12 footballs will be at least two pounds under 12.5 PSI. Possibly, 12 of 12.

My fear is that they fudge the numbers to make Brady look guilty.

No need to fudge numbers just let the balls warm up some before making said measurements.:shrug_n:

I really do think that they thought the Pats were guilty as charged. They didn't understand the science behind the decrease in the PSI level until after to much damage was done:shrug_n:

~Dee~

And then at that point it was a case of admitting "oh, shit! We're dumber than 7th grade science classes all over the New England region!"

My fear is that they fudge the numbers to make Brady look guilty.

Too many people have to buy in to the conspiracy for this to happen (refs, league officials, team employees, etc). What they will do is just not bring it up and let the story die.

No need to fudge numbers just let the balls warm up some before making said measurements.:shrug_n:

I really do think that they thought the Pats were guilty as charged. They didn't understand the science behind the decrease in the PSI level until after to much damage was done:shrug_n:

~Dee~
Confirmation bias FTL!

We will never see these testing numbers... never. And we all know why.

:coffee:

We will never see these testing numbers... never. And we all know why.

:coffee:

And that's exactly what the league meant when they said they would be transparent. These numbers are invisible.

You don't need to see these numbers.

These aren't the numbers you're looking for.

You can go about your business.

Move along.

:D

Would you ever admit to your bosses that you spent over 15 million dollars of their money because you didn't understand a concept taught in an 8th grade science class?

The NYJFL* will never let the public see the true PSI numbers.

Fine way for Bob to be handling this.

He and Jonathan should be publicly and vociferously demanding the numbers be made public, and add in the fact that if the numbers bear what we all believe then the league has basically committed to stealing assets from their organization.

But no.

Knock knock Bobby?

Who's there?

Rog. Turn over. Bite the pillow.

The science world is ready to step up here.

The league and their hand picked selections of halfwits know they're bringing a pocket full of rocks to a battle with Blackhawk copters.

Back