Soccer Thread

I'm loving the women's game and really looking forward to tomorrow vs. Japan. My 2 brothers and I text each other like crazy during these matches.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MCG2ycuoOg4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I was watching a news show on a local cable network which shall remain nameless (NECN) and I saw the single stupidest graphic in the history of television.

It showed the salary cap for a professional woman's soccer team (200k), an MLS team (like $2.5 million) and Roger Goodell's salary ($44 Million).

I felt like I was watching Sesame Street (one of these things is not like the other) and the "Journalist" asked Tanguay if that was fair.

Now the NFL salary cap of $65 million (give or take) is bases on I think 63% of revenue generated. If the salary cap in Women's soccer were 100% of the revenue the cap would be like 250k.

The "Journalist" was incredulous. I haven't laughed that hard in weeks

My takeaway from week one of the EPL...

Peter Cech may be done.

He'll bounce back, but that was utterly awful. Also, surprised to see Coquelin mess up so badly by playing WHU onside. He was great last season.

All in all, I was delighted to see my LFC scrape home a win away to Stoke. It might not be all that glorious, but three points are just that and it'll be a challenge for a lot of teams to go to Britannia this season.

Diego Costa is a Bill Lambeer level Douche. He should receive a retroactive red for his shenanigans.

Of course the Arsenal Player was a dumb ass for falling into the trap. The one who retaliates is the one who gets caught is taught in the youth level of every sport there is.

So Pep and Jose will be in the same city next season.

We need top scientists to do some research real quick. I am concerned that the concentration of ego at next years Manchester derby might be enough to collapse and form a singularity.

So Pep and Jose will be in the same city next season.

We need top scientists to do some research real quick. I am concerned that the concentration of ego at next years Manchester derby might be enough to collapse and form a singularity.

:bow:

As a United fan, born and raised in Manchester (until aged 12), I can assure you we've coped with worse. I listened to the Chelsea game on the Radio and it sounded like we were better today. I'm ambivalent about Mourinho, but LVG is clearly in the last year or so in any case.

As United aren't going to win this year, I'd love it to be Leicester.

Amazing run by Leicester City. I would like to see them pull it off.

Could be tough with Jamie Vardy out & Tottenham closing the gap to 5 points.

Indeed. Anyone who isn't a Spurs fan, or a fan of Nottingham Forest/Derby (Leicester's local rivals) wants them to win. One of the guys in my office is from Leicester, and he's understandably getting very nervous.

I guess the maths is rather simple now: if Leicester get two wins and two draws, they've definitely won the league. It's perhaps odd for me to say this as a United fan, but it would be great to see someone else win it...

I have to think it's 50-50 about now, because Tottenham are playing so well.

:bow:

As a United fan, born and raised in Manchester (until aged 12), I can assure you we've coped with worse. I listened to the Chelsea game on the Radio and it sounded like we were better today. I'm ambivalent about Mourinho, but LVG is clearly in the last year or so in any case.

As United aren't going to win this year, I'd love it to be Leicester.

With Leicester getting a huge W & Tott match ending up a draw LC is now up 7 big points. They can taste it!

I'm going to Liverpool in the fall to take in some matches. Can't wait.

Leicester City clinched the most improbable title in the history of sport.

5000-1 long shots at the start of the season.

The best American analogy I can come up with is a AAA baseball team being allowed to compete in the show and winning the World Series.

Honest to goodness shocking the world.

Leicester City clinched the most improbable title in the history of sport.

5000-1 long shots at the start of the season.

The best American analogy I can come up with is a AAA baseball team being allowed to compete in the show and winning the World Series.

Honest to goodness shocking the world.

This. Truly amazing.

Awesome, but disappointing to not be able to clinch it after a game. I tuned in to watch this Saturday...

Back