Spoiled Boston Fans

patfan64

Generally Aware
Reaction score
I've been called this (among other things) over the past several years and maybe it's true. I have a lot of Yankee and Cowboy friends on Facebook and holy crap how these fans turn. I kind of enjoyed seeing the Yankee posts go from glee to glum in the span of a few hours last night. Cowboy fans are getting ripped right now, appropriately.

But yes. I am a spoiled Boston fan. And a very happy one today.

I like to see that I have the unique position of being a Redskins fan as well. This gives me a first hand glimpse of how the other half lives so I have the ability to remain humble.

I've been humble about NE sports the 2007 Sb when I was confident in an enormous blowout.

Eternal optimist but ever humble nevertheless.

The flip side is actually feeling sorry for NY fans . Jets, giants.. really so sad. Yankees gagging hopefully. Haha.

Although being Boston fan and very much into the world series last year , super bowl and nhl Stanley cup finals ( ouch) ..... It does make me wonder what else I would be doing in my life if all the teams sucked. Haha.. Hmmmm. But I remember the bledsoe years of wishing and waiting.
So it's not just the winning of Patriots football , it's how they do it. Our standards are higher and the team is interesting on many levels. And hopefully it's not spoilage going on but some compassion for those suffering souls ... Hahaha. Cuz it used to be us. :tmack::peace:

The flip side is actually feeling sorry for NY fans . Jets, giants.. really so sad. Yankees gagging hopefully. Haha.

Although being Boston fan and very much into the world series last year , super bowl and nhl Stanley cup finals ( ouch) ..... It does make me wonder what else I would be doing in my life if all the teams sucked. Haha.. Hmmmm. But I remember the bledsoe years of wishing and waiting.
So it's not just the winning of Patriots football , it's how they do it. Our standards are higher and the team is interesting on many levels. And hopefully it's not spoilage going on but some compassion for those suffering souls ... Hahaha. Cuz it used to be us. :tmack::peace:
i piss on NY sports graves, never feel bad for them.

Enjoy it while you can because misery is right around the corner.

Enjoy it while you can because misery is right around the corner.

Yep. And we'll cry on our 6 Lombardi trophies. Unfortunately, you don't know what a Lombardi trophy looks like.

Sure, you won a Super Bowl when TVs were little screens in giant furniture that took up an entire room (color optional), you only needed 5 digits to make a phone call, seatbelts were still optional, and no one knew what a credit card was...

But it wasn't named the Lombardi Trophy. He was still coaching. Although it was at least a championship game, and not an exhibition - so you have that over the Jets.

49 years and counting. :coffee:

Yep. And we'll cry on our 6 Lombardi trophies. Unfortunately, you don't know what a Lombardi trophy looks like.

Sure, you won a Super Bowl when TVs were little screens in giant furniture that took up an entire room (color optional), you only needed 5 digits to make a phone call, seatbelts were still optional, and no one knew what a credit card was...

But it wasn't named the Lombardi Trophy. He was still coaching. Although it was at least a championship game, and not an exhibition - so you have that over the Jets.

Super Bowl IV is one of the first NFL games I can recall watching on TV. And yes, it was on a black & white box standing on 4 legs, aluminum foil attached to the rabbit ears. We didn't get out first color TV until the following summer. Our phone number was DI22864 (always stuck in my brain), my father would send me (9 yrs old) down to the pharmacy to buy his cigarettes for him and we had a wood panel station wagon for the family car, complete with the vomit seat in the back.

It's all ancient history now.

Super Bowl IV is one of the first NFL games I can recall watching on TV. And yes, it was on a black & white box standing on 4 legs, aluminum foil attached to the rabbit ears. We didn't get out first color TV until the following summer. Our phone number was DI22864 (always stuck in my brain), my father would send me (9 yrs old) down to the pharmacy to buy his cigarettes for him and we had a wood panel station wagon for the family car, complete with the vomit seat in the back.

I don't remember the game but I do remember going to the store with two empty milk bottles to get the 50 cent deposit back so I could buy my dad a pack of cigarettes and a candy bar for myself. Also had the station wagon with vomit seat (no wood panels). Phone number was HO91298. First color TV was on a wheeled cart with a long ass antenna cable so we could wheel the cart into the kitchen and watch while eating dinner. First show I remember watching in color was the Flip Wilson Show.

My kids have no idea how lucky they are...

i piss on NY sports graves, never feel bad for them.

Congrats. You actually go out of your way to a graveyard to take a leak .. fascinating. Newyorks arrogance is a joke now.

Yankees out on walk off homer. So sad. Haha.:clap:

Did I mention the 11 Lamar Hunt Trophies they use as candy dishes and doorstops? I think I left that part out.

View attachment 103343

Kid Bid

We won a SB waaay before you ever did so we have that.

:party:

We won a SB waaay before you ever did so we have that.

:party:

Enjoy that, did ya?

Methinks you were almost a wet dream in yur pappys loins back when that happened.

But there’s always NFL films to try and immerse your bad self in.

Have fun!

On more than one occasion I’ve put in a 3Games to Glory DVD and paid particular attention to the crowd shots to see if I can spot myself.

That’s fun.

Enjoy that, did ya?

Methinks you were almost a wet dream in yur pappys loins back when that happened.

But there’s always NFL films to try and immerse your bad self in.

Have fun!

On more than one occasion I’ve put in a 3Games to Glory DVD and paid particular attention to the crowd shots to see if I can spot myself.

That’s fun.

Bid probably knows where he's at so I imagine he looks and may even have found himself.

Back