Steelers fans are delusional again

CleatMarks

Reaction score
I know that the Steelers beat the Patriots with Matt at the helm but Brady has a 6 - 1 record against the Steelers so why do I see threads on the Steelers board where they say that they "somehow we've been able to pull off the wins" against Brady?

I'm not saying we're going to win this year, we have a good shot if we play well, but are Steelers fans that delusional? The Steelers are Brady's bitch. They'd have to win 5 in a row against the Pats just to even the score.

I know that the Steelers beat the Patriots with Matt at the helm but Brady has a 6 - 1 record against the Steelers so why do I see threads on the Steelers board where they say that they "somehow see to be able to pull off the win" against Brady?

I'm not saying we're going to win this year, we have a good shot if we play well, but are Steelers fans that delusional? The Steelers are Brady's bitches. They'd have to win 5 in a row against the Pats just to even the score.

Also, the Patriots don't lose at home. :coffee:

I know that the Steelers beat the Patriots with Matt at the helm but Brady has a 6 - 1 record against the Steelers so why do I see threads on the Steelers board where they say that they "somehow see to be able to pull off the win" against Brady?

I'm not saying we're going to win this year, we have a good shot if we play well, but are Steelers fans that delusional? The Steelers are Brady's bitch. They'd have to win 5 in a row against the Pats just to even the score.

Every year, the Steelers build their defense to stop the run. And every time the Patriots play them, Belichick uses the pass against them, with tremendous success.

My favorite game was the 2002 season opener, when Brady dropped back to pass for ~18 straight plays. The announcers were dumbfounded. And in the next Steelers game, the Raiders did the same thing to them and beat them handily (I think there was a stretch where the number of consecutive pass plays was in the 20s).

I love this series. Being here in Pa. Steelers fans always pound their chests that they're the Big, bad Steelers. When the discussion of TFB and the pats come up. Their bravado shrivels up like Costanza in the shrinkage episode. They hate us. But, they know Brady has their number. I'm hoping we clock them and the Eagles. Will make a pleasant fall for me.

I remember after the 05 game. We had a ton of injuries in the game and won in OT. Brady's walking off the field after he torched them. NFL Films mic picks him up saying to another Pat. They hate us. They really bleeping hate us!!

Every year, the Steelers build their defense to stop the run. And every time the Patriots play them, Belichick uses the pass against them, with tremendous success.

My favorite game was the 2002 season opener, when Brady dropped back to pass for ~18 straight plays. The announcers were dumbfounded. And in the next Steelers game, the Raiders did the same thing to them and beat them handily (I think there was a stretch where the number of consecutive pass plays was in the 20s).

They've done that a few times, just opened up with the pass and didn't even bother to try and run..

I bet they come out running this year.

Not like it matters. Like I said earlier, after back-to-back weeks of Ryans, the Zone Blitz is going to look like the Tampa 2.

Steelers have no chance. None. This, to me, is the biggest lock on the schedule.

I just hope the Patriots come out healthy after the Bye Week matchup.

Didn't the Patriots rush for over 100 yards in their meeting last year when every other team was averaging hardly more than 60 yards?

Didn't the Patriots rush for over 100 yards in their meeting last year when every other team was averaging hardly more than 60 yards?

They did. And the Steelers are worse this season defensively. Hell, they just barely survived a furious 10 point 2nd Half comeback from the mighty, mighty Jacksonville JAGs.

And they're far worse offensively. They can't throw, and they're even worse running.

I don't like talking about the Steelers and looking ahead. We've got the Bye this week, but I like the prospect of an easy home win over the Steelers. I wonder if Brady will even play the 4th quarter.

I can't wait to hear Simms & Nance give Polamalu a tongue job, only to have Brady make him his bitch.....again.

Back