Steelers - Team MVP James Harrison Arrested For Domestic Violence

harrisonhits

NFL Can GFY
Reaction score
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08068/863752-100.stm

Steelers linebacker Harrison charged with assault
Saturday, March 08, 2008
By Jim McKinnon, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison was arrested earlier today on charges that he assaulted his girlfriend in Ohio Township.

Mr. Harrison, 29, of Franklin Park, was arraigned tonight on charges of simple assault and criminal mischief.

Ohio Township police said the woman, Beth Tibbott, who turns 30 on Monday, called police after Mr. Harrison had assaulted her.

According to the affidavit filed in support of the arrest, Ms. Tibbott and the pro-football player were arguing at her Sonie Drive residence just before 1 p.m. when she locked herself inside a bedroom.

Mr. Harrison broke down the door and, while she was trying to call 911, he took her cell phone and broke it in half, according to the affidavit.

Ms. Tibbott said he then hit her with an open hand in the face, knocking off her glasses. Township police said her left cheek showed "red marks."

Mr. Harrison left the house driving a tan Hummer and a few minutes later Franklin Park police pulled him over as he was headed to his home on Matterhorn Road.

Police brought him back to the scene, where police said he corroborated what Ms. Tibbott had reported to authorities, the affidavit said.

Mr. Harrison was arraigned in Night Court and released on his own recognizance pending a preliminary hearing Thursday at 8:30 a.m. before District Judge Tara L. Smith.

Jim McKinnnon can be reached at 412-263-1939 or jmckinnon@post-gazette.com.

That's impossible, this has to be a Kraft frabricated conspiracy to take the focus off of Spygate; no other football player on any other team would do anything this bad, the rest of the NFL is too classy and humble for that.

What a piece of shit...:cuss:

I wonder what goes through a guy's head when he decides it's okay to hit a woman. :shake:

I wonder what goes through a guy's head when he decides it's okay to hit a woman. :shake:

I agree, I can understand being upset and wanting to hit but you just can't do it....it's guttless...

Very dumb. He needs to be heavily fined by the team and made to go to anger management classes. Assuming he continues to cooperate through this whole ordeal, I think he should be given another chance, but if he screws up again, he should go away quickly. It's sad because I really like Harrison as a player, but I just can't accept him taking his physicality off the field and hitting a woman. It's just plain wrong.

Very dumb. He needs to be heavily fined by the team and made to go to anger management classes. Assuming he continues to cooperate through this whole ordeal, I think he should be given another chance, but if he screws up again, he should go away quickly. It's sad because I really like Harrison as a player, but I just can't accept him taking his physicality off the field and hitting a woman. It's just plain wrong.
nice to hear from you and Lvent on this

It is wrong and I for the life of me can not understand why he just didn't walk away and re-group himself. I never understand hitting a woman

I was waiting for SF87 to show up and defend only to find you a rational fan

cant defend something that isnt right. Now is she was 6ft 240 beating on him and he was 5'5 150 so be it. But thats neither here or there~

Maybe she had a stains jersey on! :)
no this dude did

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fC3xNSiRTDc"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fC3xNSiRTDc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

ROFL

I agree. He should be fined and go to anger management. From everything I've heard, Silverback is kind of a crazy dude, but he needs to be able to control his anger and channel it only on the football field.

Lucky for him it wasn't Cedrick Wilson's crazy girlfriend or she'd have shot his ass. lol

ROFL

I agree. He should be fined and go to anger management. From everything I've heard, Silverback is kind of a crazy dude, but he needs to be able to control his anger and channel it only on the football field.

Lucky for him it wasn't Cedrick Wilson's crazy girlfriend or she'd have shot his ass. lol
so SF87 you find it funny a woman was attacked by this animal......wait you find it funny she would be wearing Browns clothing and was attacked by this animal...is there a difference?

I do find either case funny

Back