Sterling Moore

BostonTim

IIWII
Reaction score
I do not have the football creds that many here do. But just what might we have here with this kid? My weakness is simple. I miss the bad plays and seem to lack the will to go over film looking for them. So you all might fill in on where he is suspect or even bad, But against buffalo, Moore had 2 of the best ints (driving on the ball, jumping the route and nice hands) we saw from this team all year), and in the same game came he caused an incomplete on a middle release, timing a perfect monster hit to dislodge. He absolutely played a major role in week 17 to lock up the one seed.

Of course in the AFCCG, the end zone hack strip followed immediately by the goal line pass defended took us to the dance.

And his rip-strip in the SB (but for 12 motf) would have had us sitting pretty.

This is a rookie UDFA is it not? With precious little playing time? Performing superbly on the biggest stage?

Am I wrong to say:

1. I am excited by the kid, and;
2. I can't wait to see what he does next year?

Thoughts?

Cheers, BostonTim

I love him.

We saw a lot of him because Arrington and McCourty were doing their jobs, finally, and teams were targeting him.

Whatever happened to playing Edelman on defense?

He was an awesome surprise. Would love for them to keep him around. I like how on that Evans play he just instinctively did the right thing he was coached to do in a clutch situation. That speaks volumes IMO.

He made some nice plays at the end of the season to fit right in with our opportunistic defense. I like the potential he showed as a playmaker and I'm looking foward to see him back in training camp this summer.

I agree with the comments others have made. Cautiously optimistic.....thought he showed some potential. Not sure what his ceiling is but he showed the ability to make plays on the ball which is something a lot of the other guys we saw in the secondary this year struggled with.

I've heard some interviews with the kid and he seems pretty grounded. Hopefully he can build on this season and continue to get better.

Sure seems coachable.

Propensity for big plays, something this Defense needs alot more of.

Hopefully with a complete off-season program and camps BB can really develop this kid and allow the draft resources to skirt CB.

He made some plays that give me hope, for sure. I'm not ready to make him the next Deion just yet. He seems to be a serviceable, coachable guy that hopefully next year gives us depth off the bench.

He was very serviceable. He had some highlights and definite low-lights (giving manningham a free release on cover 2 on the big play). Give him some time, add in dowling and a full off season and there is definite potential for the whole secondary.

He made some plays that give me hope, for sure. I'm not ready to make him the next Deion just yet. He seems to be a serviceable, coachable guy that hopefully next year gives us depth off the bench.
Assuming McCourtey stays as CB, Moore would only need to be our #4 CB. McCourtey and Dowling should be the outside CB, Arrington in the slot and Moore looks interesting as the #4 guy. He can tackle - though he missed some big ones and needs to be more consistent but he had enough good tackles to show he can - and he definitely can play the ball which is huge. We have to remember he was only a rookie and wasn't even with us during camp. If Dowling can stay healthy our CB should be a strength and we just need a good Safety to go with Chung to have a very interesting DB group.

When it comes to Dowling, I am as confident in him staying healthy as I am in my chances to win the lottery tonight. And I didn't buy a lottery ticket.

Dowling was healthy his Freshman, Sophomore and Junior years in college, he's not nearly as injury prone as some think. He needs to start staying healthy but he doesn't miss half of every season as some like to think.

When it comes to Dowling, I am as confident in him staying healthy as I am in my chances to win the lottery tonight. And I didn't buy a lottery ticket.

Powerball.

$325 million.

Thats $.325 billion with a b.

For $2.

You better get to steppin'.

and don't forget to hook Dwight up if ya win!

I will hold my hand up on this guy and admit i was wrong!

from what i saw, i was wondering how the fcuk was he still getting snaps?
i was one of the people understanding why he was cut from the PS

but call spade a spade - he has stepped up and made plays and made himself look like a starter

I hope he keeps stepping up and does indeed make himself a regular, i for one am happy for him to prove me wrong every game:thumb:

Dowling was healthy his Freshman, Sophomore and Junior years in college, he's not nearly as injury prone as some think. He needs to start staying healthy but he doesn't miss half of every season as some like to think.

Ankle, knee, hamstring....It's not like he's only suffered one injury. There is no doubt the guy is a talent when healthy. And now is probably not the time to proclaim that pick as a bust. But until he can prove he can stay healthy, I'm not ready to pencil him in as the starting CB on this team next season.

Ankle, knee, hamstring....It's not like he's only suffered one injury. There is no doubt the guy is a talent when healthy. And now is probably not the time to proclaim that pick as a bust. But until he can prove he can stay healthy, I'm not ready to pencil him in as the starting CB on this team next season.
It doesn't matter what you are ready to pencil him in as - he was a starter when he got hurt and he is a starter the moment he is healthy. We need solid backups, hopefully like Moore, in case he can't play but if opening game were tomorrow he would be starting it.

It doesn't matter what you are ready to pencil him in as - he was a starter when he got hurt and he is a starter the moment he is healthy. We need solid backups, hopefully like Moore, in case he can't play but if opening game were tomorrow he would be starting it.

Drew Bledsoe would like to have a cup 'o coffee with you.:coffee:

Dowling will quite clearly have to prove it.

Maybe BB and crew need to stop going after these guys that.....oh well he was good, but he had this issue this issue this issue and he was injury prone and well he has to be trained in this and he has to do this and this, because they are trying to strike gold on a lower round guy that would be a top pick if 15 things were not wrong with him. How about....you know, go after a guy that can play, is not injury prone and can actually come in a produce so we are not cutting high round picks in 3 years like we have been.

Dowling is healthy now going by reports that if he weren't IR'ed he could have played in the playoffs.

As for Moore, I like the kid, too. He and Arrington figure to compete for #3 and #4 CB in nickel and dime packages since I think McCourty will be at CB next year along with Dowling.

I also expect a S to be signed as a FA. Goldson is familiar to the Pats who made him an offer last year; I expect another offer to him asap.

Dowling is healthy now going by reports that if he weren't IR'ed he could have played in the playoffs.

As for Moore, I like the kid, too. He and Arrington figure to compete for #3 and #4 CB in nickel and dime packages since I think McCourty will be at CB next year along with Dowling.

I also expect a S to be signed as a FA. Goldson is familiar to the Pats who made him an offer last year; I expect another offer to him asap.

Not holding out hope for convincing Goldson to sign. He was on a very good Defense last year who will probably do everything in their power to hold on to him.

Back