SUPER BOWL L: What's the Story?

Another Mouth Heave.:

It also seems (all down teh Interwebz) that most all who pick the Panthers are completely unable to
do so without prefacing it with "I'd really like to see Manning go out on top, but..."

Cheers, BostonTim

Lets say the Panthers spank the Donks, what are the chances they'll be this strong again next year?

Still wouldn't mind a Patriots/Panthers rematch in the SB. SB51 sounds like as good a place as any.

I'm thinking we're going to start seeing the effects of Elway's "all in" from a few years ago start to catch up with them this off-season.

I'm thinking we're going to start seeing the effects of Elway's "all in" from a few years ago start to catch up with them this off-season.

What does this mean? Elway has built the team primarily from the draft. With a few free agents. Brock OZ is the future QB and he's pretty darn good.

What does this mean? Elway has built the team primarily from the draft. With a few free agents. Brock OZ is the future QB and he's pretty darn good.

I'll give it to Elway...he can build decent teams.

And Elway most certainly signed a bunch of high profile free agents. Come on now...TJ Ward? Talib? The guard from the Eagles? The defensive end from the Cowturds? Welker? Davis? The Texans dine guy? :coffee:

And some washed up qb that likes to teabag trainers...

I'll give it to Elway...he can build decent teams.

And Elway most certainly signed a bunch of high profile free agents. Come on now...TJ Ward? Talib? The guard from the Eagles? The defensive end from the Cowturds? Welker? Davis? The Texans dine guy? :coffee:

And some washed up qb that likes to teabag trainers...

If they somehow keep all their players. I'm calling them still cheating the salary cap. T.J Ward, Talib and another player altogether take up 100 million. With PM. Jesus somebody tell me I'm wrong

Arizona's and Seattle's defenses are both very good...and Carolina lit them both up...I think it was a wake up call when they let Seattle back in it. Arizona really didn't even have a chance.

I really don't see Denver having a chance at all.

And the Pats would have most likely got blown out as well.

Seattle was a fraudulent all team all year. Carolina should have won 31-0 but as you say that took their foot off the pedal but that Seattle D was not good all year. Arizona was more formidable but Carson played like dog crap which he had also done the week before vs the Packers.

Denver will make Carolina work for every point. They have done that to every team this year and then forced mistakes at critical moments. I think Manning will play like he did vs the Pats which could be enough to keep the game close. If the game is within one score in the fourth, I would bet Denver all day. They have won those types of games all season. Of course, Cam could come out like gang busters and make it a laugher by half time but I just don't see it vs this Denver D. I hope I am wrong as I would like nothing more then to see Elway suffer another blow out in the big game.

Excellent article about Cam Newton's polarizing effect on people.
It's worth a read for those who think he showboats too much or is a phony.

http://www.thenation.com/article/cam-newton-the-bridge-to-somewhere/

Cam is choosing to play quarterback in a way that is consistent with the person he is when the helmet comes off, and his entire team clearly feeds off of his utterly authentic joy. Yet that combination of being unapologetically young, black, and gifted has earned him highly racialized critiques of being “arrogant,” “flashy,” or a “bad role model.” This is a slight evolution from the “concerns” sports writers raised before he was drafted about his “intelligence” and “attitude.” I’ve covered previously why those arguments are absurd. His attitude and intelligence are above reproach. As for arrogance, Aaron Rodgers, Brady, and Peyton Manning wear their vanities like a full-length mink coat without criticism.

Denver will make Carolina work for every point. They have done that to every team this year and then forced mistakes at critical moments. I think Manning will play like he did vs the Pats which could be enough to keep the game close. If the game is within one score in the fourth, I would bet Denver all day. They have won those types of games all season. Of course, Cam could come out like gang busters and make it a laugher by half time but I just don't see it vs this Denver D. I hope I am wrong as I would like nothing more then to see Elway suffer another blow out in the big game.

I don't think Denver has faced a team quite like this Carolina team though. How do you defend them? They're one of the few teams in the NFL (if not the only team) that uses 2 back sets. They have an all world TE in Olsen, 2-3 good options at the WR position, and they are good at running the football. Combine that with Newton's ability to run as well, and they're dangerous.

They also have a good defense, and I'd be willing to bet that their ranking in that dept would be better had it not been for all the garbage time stuff they allowed in blowouts. I can see Carolina getting out to a quick 17-0 lead in this game. Their LB corps is outstanding. Simply outstanding. They are a really tough team, and I just don't think Denver has quite enough firepower, although they do have a championship caliber defense themselves.

Update: The broncos are about to get on the plane...im standing by the door to greet them, wish them luck and bless the aircraft..

My connections have allowed me exclusive access to the team..This is a Patriot Planet exclusive.

The Sheriff, reporting exclusively from Signature Aviation, DIA

Stay tuned for updates

I got my favorite players to pose for pictures for me...I'll post them when I get home...I gotta hit Red n Jerrys first...so stay tuned boys

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

Oh btw...I blessed the aircraft with a Coors Lite...smashed it on the nose gear

GO BRONCOS!

Update: The broncos are about to get on the plane...im standing by the door to greet them, wish them luck and bless the aircraft..

I'll bless the airplane 'cause the pilot has a wife & kiddies. :coffee:

J/K

I got my favorite players to pose for pictures for me...I'll post them when I get home...I gotta hit Red n Jerrys first...so stay tuned boys

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:37 PM ----------

Oh btw...I blessed the aircraft with a Coors Lite...smashed it on the nose gear

GO BRONCOS!

IMAG0439_zpskrjybbnz.jpg

IMAG0425_zps4msdlyg5.jpg

IMAG0448_zpsvvn8vzbj.jpg

IMAG0435_zpsc9ez02jq.jpg

Von saying goodbye

IMAG0456%202_zpswbipns3g.jpg

More importantly...I talked to some of the coaching staff who got to the plane first, and I got a little inside information- And then I confirmed it with some players. Bet the Vernon Davis Prop.. OVER 5.5 Recieving yards

He's in the game plan friends...Thats a Patriot Planet Exclusive

IMAG0459_zpsej8ti1g3.jpg

Todays results so far..Oh Colorado just covered 3 for 3 so far now

IMAG0461_zps7bp2fxru.jpg

I don't think Denver has faced a team quite like this Carolina team though. How do you defend them? They're one of the few teams in the NFL (if not the only team) that uses 2 back sets. They have an all world TE in Olsen, 2-3 good options at the WR position, and they are good at running the football. Combine that with Newton's ability to run as well, and they're dangerous.

They also have a good defense, and I'd be willing to bet that their ranking in that dept would be better had it not been for all the garbage time stuff they allowed in blowouts. I can see Carolina getting out to a quick 17-0 lead in this game. Their LB corps is outstanding. Simply outstanding. They are a really tough team, and I just don't think Denver has quite enough firepower, although they do have a championship caliber defense themselves.

Yeah. That Carolina offense is scary. I really like their Oline to be able to dominate up front which should help Newton find his guys in the pass game. Denver though has not been blown out all year. For sure this could be the game but I think Manning plays well in his last game with zero pressure to carry the team and as an underdog. I will be very interested to see what Phillips comes up with. I think he has to just hope to contain then and make them work the length of the field for every score. If they get some quick scores early that it will be a snooze fest by half-time.

Yeah. That Carolina offense is scary. I really like their Oline to be able to dominate up front which should help Newton find his guys in the pass game. Denver though has not been blown out all year. For sure this could be the game but I think Manning plays well in his last game with zero pressure to carry the team and as an underdog. I will be very interested to see what Phillips comes up with. I think he has to just hope to contain then and make them work the length of the field for every score. If they get some quick scores early that it will be a snooze fest by half-time.

Nobody's talking about the Carolina D.

How is Denver's OL? The Panthers front 7 is awesome. I don't see Denver moving the ball on them. IF Carolina is able to get pressure on Manning, like Denver did to Brady last week, it could be a long day for Peyton.

I'm also thinking field position could play an important role in this game. If the Panthers win and establish that early, I could see them build a quick 2-3 score lead. It's very rare for teams to mount a big comeback to win in a Super Bowl. Of course, last year was the lone exception

:thumb:

Back