SUPER BOWL L: What's the Story?

yackittysacks

Reaction score
SO we know it's Denver V Carolina. Of course the upfront story is Veteran V the Kid. But are there any good story lines to speak of? The 2011 draft was Cam Newton #1 and Von Miller #2. Great QB v Great LB? I know Denver was worried the Panthers would take Miller. And happy as hell when they took newton. Any thoughts?

Panthers are dominant...good thing the Pats aren't losing in two weeks.

True. This loss is easier to swallow than a SB loss. At this point, I'm almost glad we didn't make it. Even if by luck we would have squeeked it out against the Donks, Carolina would have embarrassed us. So...

As for the SB50 storyline.... You got the old guy on his way out versus the new guy on his way up.

The Panthers are gonna roll over the Broncos. It's gonna be SB48 all over again.

Peyton is the biggest storyline. Coming off the Bench to make a trip to the superbowl for what could possibly be his last game. Carolina's storyline would be the fact that they were doubted the whole season i guess :shrug_n:

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

True. This loss is easier to swallow than a SB loss. At this point, I'm almost glad we didn't make it. Even if by luck we would have squeeked it out against the Donks, Carolina would have embarrassed us. So...

As for the SB50 storyline.... You got the old guy on his way out versus the new guy on his way up.

The Panthers are gonna roll over the Broncos. It's gonna be SB48 all over again.

Dont count Denver out yet.

That Panthers team is as complete a team as I've seen all year. Denver's defense was the difference maker today but that offense isn't going to scare anyone. This is Cams year, he's going to win league MVP and more than likely the SB MVP as well.

The only good story line would be Cam Newton getting in a car wreck and be unable to play in the SB (returning healthy for next year), and the game is tied 3-3 and on the last play of thr game, Manning is sacked for a Safety in the end zone, and Carolina wins 5-3. :coffee:

:rolleyes:

Would have been much better story lines and a better game if Pats were in it.

Panthers are having fun and playing loose. Broncos are afraid to assist in making Peyton look like sh*t.

I'll take Rivera over Kubiak.

The story will be the NFL's investigation of the Broncos for the malfunctioning tablets on the Patriots sideline, thereby providing an unfair advantage and harming the integrity of the game. The Broncos will vehemently deny any wrongdoing of course, but The NFL knows what it is about, and since the Broncos are known cheaters, know that it is more probable than not they sabotaged the Patriots tablets. They will hire a very reputable outside firm to handle the independent investigation where we will finally get the truth about what happened, justice will be swift, and integrity will be restored for all.

The story will be the NFL's investigation of the Broncos for the malfunctioning tablets on the Patriots sideline, thereby providing an unfair advantage and harming the integrity of the game. The Broncos will vehemently deny any wrongdoing of course, but The NFL knows what it is about, and since the Broncos are known cheaters, know that it is more probable than not they sabotaged the Patriots tablets. They will hire a very reputable outside firm to handle the independent investigation where we will finally get the truth about what happened, justice will be swift, and integrity will be restored for all.

Don't forget 1st Round picks deleted and fines!

A giant meteor hurtling to the turf, crushing both teams while they are tied at 0-0 at the end of the 4th Q.

/pissed Pats fan in me

Story will be can the Broncos design and execute a defense to stop the Carolina offense, which is a 180 from the Pats? If so, Phillips should get assistant coach of the year, if that's a thing.

The Peyton ball-washing is going to be unbearable. thankfully I'll be in "ignore all sports coverage" mode until the NHL playoffs.

Sucks pats are out but on the bright side I'll save all that time I would have been reading Denver and Carolina news stories! :)

Where are all the whistle blowers now?

It's good in a way that the Patriots haven't bitched about this I suppose and took the high road. There are many other teams coaches, players, and fans that would have been quick to point it out

Hypocrites

Just an observation.

Panthers are dominant...good thing the Pats aren't losing in two weeks.

LOL yeah and you thought the Pats were dominant before yesterday too.

Panthers are losing. Youll ignore that I already came here and told you the Pats were losing and thats what happened.
If the Pats are supposed to be so great the Panthers will be a Cake walk and Manning wont let Seattle 2.0 happen.
Carolina doesnt even compare to Seattle last 2 years ago because they lost shoot outs. Denver will in fact dominate both sides of the ball

LOL yeah and you thought the Pats were dominant before yesterday too.

Panthers are losing. Youll ignore that I already came here and told you the Pats were losing and thats what happened.
If the Pats are supposed to be so great the Panthers will be a Cake walk and Manning wont let Seattle 2.0 happen.
Carolina doesnt even compare to Seattle last 2 years ago because they lost shoot outs. Denver will in fact dominate both sides of the ball

You remind me of herpes...

You remind me of herpes...

no I dont. I remind you that I told you three weeks ago and it came to pass

58196122.jpg

Back