Super Bowl LII - Patriots (-5.5) vs. Philadelphia

Let me remind skippyx. They struggled mightily. In the 2nd game played only a month ago the Eagles survived a 4th and goal incompletion by Eli to win 34-29. That's with Foles playing well and Eli eating up the Eagles' zone pass defense; McAdoo had just been fired, OBJ was out and Brandon Marshall was out. I guess the Eagles took them lightly. Brady will eat up that Eagles zone the same way.

Well if skippyx applies the same logic he did to make Foles, Matt Ryans equal he will point out that McAdoo being fired means that the Eagles had no way to practice for that game as they didn't know what type of game plan the new coach would have!

Well that and it possibly was windy or chilly that day? Because besides days like that...or if it rains...or if Foles didn't find a lucky penny that week...or if he stepped on a crack in the sidewalk, Foles is Teh bestest QB the Patriots have ever faced so he would have easily beat the Giants single handedly if it wasn't for one of those things...:coffee:

This may end up being a pro-Pats crowd after all as the Vikes fans hate the Eagles. They were in full force last night for media night so I can only imagine game day.

Well if skippyx applies the same logic he did to make Foles, Matt Ryans equal he will point out that McAdoo being fired means that the Eagles had no way to practice for that game as they didn't know what type of game plan the new coach would have!

Well that and it possibly was windy or chilly that day? Because besides days like that...or if it rains...or if Foles didn't find a lucky penny that week...or if he stepped on a crack in the sidewalk, Foles is Teh bestest QB the Patriots have ever faced so he would have easily beat the Giants single handedly if it wasn't for one of those things...:coffee:

Word...
FOLES-BRADY_Comparison-Preview-SB-VII.jpg

Locals don't go to the game.

I thought there were some tickets for the general public, no? Still, there are always people selling tix so Vikes fan could get in that way.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...fans-flooding-minnesota-making-demand-higher/

"Demand for Super Bowl LII tickets on StubHub has been incredible this year as sales are currently up 63 percent compared to last year and there has been a buyer from all 50 states and 17 different countries," StubHub spokesperson Cameron Papp told CBSSports.com. "Eagles fans lead the way with 14 percent of sales on StubHub coming from the Pennsylvania area compared to 11 percent from Massachusetts."

Almost 10 percent of the ticket sales are coming from Minnesota, according to StubHub data, which is a decent indication we could see a large amount of Vikings fans on hand for the game, which is probably bad news for the Eagles, with most Vikings fans likely becoming Patriots fans for at least one night. That's what happens when your team beats another team and promptly treats their fans and players in horrible fashion. (Minnesotans are even threatening to go rogue on Uber and drop Eagles fans in the wrong location. At least some Eagles fans are trying to reverse the karma with charitable donations.)

After that, California (9.4 percent), Arizona (7 percent) and New York (6.5 percent) make up the biggest markets of sales on StubHub thus far.

Could be a unique situation. Many assumed the Vikings would be there. Will they sell them or show up anyway?

Some people will show up, sure. Others will sell them. Doesn't matter. There's no real advantage to the crowd noise. Again, Seattle had the loudest representation I can recall and it was insignificant. Say that the link above is correct and 10% of the tickets are Viking fans (location of purchase doesn't always indicate 'fandom' and discounts corporations, etc.) That's about 6K people.

About 50-60% of the crowd will be partisan and however you slice that, it isn't enough to create a 'home field' situation.

Some people will show up, sure. Others will sell them. Doesn't matter. There's no real advantage to the crowd noise. Again, Seattle had the loudest representation I can recall and it was insignificant.

:huh: Manning/Fox said that the snap over Manning's head to start the game that resulted in the safety was precisely because of the crowd noise that Fox did not anticipate and he lamented after the game not going with a silent count.

:huh: Manning/Fox said that the snap over Manning's head to start the game that resulted in the safety was precisely because of the crowd noise that Fox did not anticipate and he lamented after the game not going with a silent count.

Well, if Manning/Fox said it, it must be true.

Go ahead and worry about crowd noise at a neutral site game.

Bill and Tom will never not anticipate it. He said as much yesterday.

BB said yesterday that although the SB isn't as loud as being on the road on offense (or at home on defense), you do have to prepare for a level of noise on both sides of the ball in the same game, which is unique.

Well, if Manning/Fox said it, it must be true.

Go ahead and worry about crowd noise at a neutral site game.

Geesh. I am not worrying about anything. I never said I thought it would affect the game. I just mentioned that Vikes fans are pro-Pats based on media night yesterday. I found that somewhat surprising as generally everyone hates the Pats but given the way Eagles fans treated the Vikes last week, they have become pro-Pats.

Geesh. I am not worrying about anything. I never said I thought it would affect the game. I just mentioned that Vikes fans are pro-Pats based on media night yesterday. I found that somewhat surprising as generally everyone hates the Pats but given the way Eagles fans treated the Vikes last week, they have become pro-Pats.

I think that hatred of the Pats out of jealousy can be trumped by hatred of Philly based on them being trash.

I think that hatred of the Pats out of jealousy can be trumped by hatred of Philly based on them being trash.

LOL. Yes. That seems to be the case. Eagles fans really are in a class of trash all by themselves.

LOL. Yes. That seems to be the case. Eagles fans really are in a class of trash all by themselves.

Raider fans at least have the excuse that they are mainly gang members, Eagle fans being trash actually only have the excuse they are from Philly to justify their behavior. If the Patriots stadium conduct policy for having season tickets revoked were instituted in Philly they would have about 70% turn over each season. The videos showing how they treated Vikings fans was absurd.

Back