Super Bowl LVIII game thread.

The dude could still play, easily.

\Mazz:
The "whoosh" soundFX used when Affleck was throwing the ball was so lame. When my Tom was throwing the ball, the soundFX guy definitely was muting the "whoosh" sound volume tho. Should have been way more deafening -- like in real life.
/Mazz

\Mazz:
The "whoosh" soundFX used when Affleck was throwing the ball was so lame. When my Tom was throwing the ball, the soundFX guy definitely was muting the "whoosh" sound volume tho. Should have been way more deafening -- like in real life.
/Mazz
Thank you! That was awesome. That Dunkin commercial was my favorite. Love Damon, Affleck and JLo telling Tom he could stay. LOL

I really don' mind that it is Mahomes that is leading this next dynastic charge. It would have been insufferable if it was Rodgers who believes he is God's gift to everyone. The NFL crew did ask Mahomes last night about catching Brady and he said it would be very difficult to ever put himself over Brady given he lost the SB to Brady. He's right.

And after Mahomes earned Super Bowl MVP honors for the third time, the quarterback was once again asked about those Tom Brady comparisons. He said he has a hard time buying in.

"Yeah I hear it," Mahomes said on NFL Network's postgame show. "I mean, to me it's always going to be tough because Brady beat me in the Super Bowl. That's one thing he'll always have over my head."

Patrick Mahomes on the Tom Brady comparisons: “To me it will always be tough because Brady beat me in the Super Bowl.” pic.twitter.com/KZMp96jqdH
— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) February 12, 2024

Question, when a reciever goes out of bounds on his own without the defense touching him, doesn't the clock stop?

\Mazz:
/Mazz
So now we know Mazz is Savage.

It depends on who is in the lead at the time.
San Fran was leading, reciever caught the ball and ran out of bounds on his own but the clock kept running. Can't remember who caught the pass.

San Fran was leading, reciever caught the ball and ran out of bounds on his own but the clock kept running. Can't remember who caught the pass.
I think the real answer is: There are three times when the game clock will stop when a ball carrier goes out of bounds after making a catch: After a change of possession. After the two-minute warning of the first half. Inside the last five minutes of the second half. Also, if forward progress was stopped in field of play and then he goes out of bounds, that is considered an inbounds stop and clock keeps running, That's my understanding anyway.

In a post game interview Mahommes was asked which is his favorite Super Bowl win? He said "The next one." What kind of arrogant, egotistical prick answers that question that way? What a douche bag.
Brady takes offense.

I think the real answer is: There are three times when the game clock will stop when a ball carrier goes out of bounds after making a catch: After a change of possession. After the two-minute warning of the first half. Inside the last five minutes of the second half. Also, if forward progress was stopped in field of play and then he goes out of bounds, that is considered an inbounds stop and clock keeps running, That's my understanding anyway.
I was able to find the play, it was in the 1st quarter at about the 1:51 mark, Conley catches the pass and runs out of bounds downfield and untouched by the defense, he throws the ball to the ref and they start the clock back up. I always thought in that scenario the clock doesn't start until the next snap of the ball.

I was able to find the play, it was in the 1st quarter at about the 1:51 mark, Conley catches the pass and runs out of bounds downfield and untouched by the defense, he throws the ball to the ref and they start the clock back up. I always thought in that scenario the clock doesn't start until the next snap of the ball.
not until the last 5min of the game/half i believe

Since when is Logan Ryan still playing? Guy has to be 300 years old. Playing in the SB this year must have reminded him of the Good Ol Days.
:patpatriot32:

Random observations
The play that McDuffie made on the long pass was the best play i have seen him make.

The Chiefs are making hay on offense and the camera pans to Shanahan, he his face is buried in his call sheet. He seems to be not involved in the whole game.

49ers could have won, some would say should have won but either way with the right talent you don't need the best QB in the league.

On Purdy, would say he played pretty well but there were several plays that could have been better, passes to nowhere, blocked passes. Did well for a rookie.

Ratings for the Super Bowl makes it the most watched television show ever. The average audience was 123.5 million viewers. Which means more people watched the Niners pee their pants and Tony Romo mumble forever at the end of the game.
The next highest rated Super Bowl was 2017 in which the Patriots came back from 28-3 to win in OT. That game had 117 million. I don't know if that included my family members, who left me alone, because I was the only one who believed that they would come back.

Last edited:
After he lost Tyreek et al, he needed to work on being more patient & taking what the D gave.
Mahomes won the game by managing the ball efficiently, checking down & making clutch plays by running when he could.
Those triple option/Veer plays were a blast from the past and caught SF with their pants down. Credit Andy Reid for his game plan for going back that far.
Seems every big game, Reid brings some plays from 30-40 yrs ago out of mothballs and they work incredibly well.
6 playoff takeaways helped KC quite a bit on their way to a SB win after they only had 17 during the regular season.

View: https://twitter.com/ericeager_/status/1757128307076633015

Last edited:
Back