Super Bowl LVIII game thread.

What has to be acknowledged as well as the Chiefs turning into monsters in the playoffs, Very similar to the way the Patriots were at times. I mean, this season, they dispatched Miami and then went on the road to Buffalo, then Baltimore and won both games and were deserved winners. And they then faced a stacked, multi-talented team in the SB, and they beat them. I think the Chiefs were underdogs in all three postseason games after the WC round.

We're all diehard Patriot fans and we can recognise greatness. I've been impressed with how objective and fair Patriot fans and even the Patriot media have been. There's been no pathetic attempts to deflect from the Chiefs win and their dynasty and protest that the Patriots were better etc etc. I think that comes from the face we had unprecedented success here and are comfortable saying yep, the Chiefs under Reid and Mahomes are indeed the real deal and are exceptional.

There's no doubting Mahomes. He let his team in an SB on a 2-minute drive to tie the game up, and then in OT, he drove the team downfield facing a stellar D, converted a 4th down, made some killer plays with his legs and threw the game-winning TD. That is the definition of clutch. And Andy Reid is a great coach, no question. As Chevvs said, his offensive play calling is top-drawer.

And what about Shanahan?? 3 SBs, now his teams have choked when leading by 10+ points. When OC against us in the Falcons SB, he shat the bed with his playcalling at critical times, including making Ryan throw at the crucial time when a run and yards would have won them the game with at least a FG.

He can't get away from this, he's a choker. Only a SB win will stop this belief and the Niner window is closing.
Even if he wins one, imo still a choker

I don't know if you guys have seen the full 4-minute cur of the Ben Aflleck Dunkins ad, but here it is. It's great :rofl:

Awesome. Love Ben, Matt and of course Tom. I actually like JLo here too. Best commercial of the SB by far. I was in DD on Monday getting coffee in the store and they had the commercial playing on a loop behind the counter. I told the girl taking my order that DD hit a home run. I could not stop laughing as I waited for my coffee. :)

Mahomes really has had an impressive run but Brady really didn't transform into "Goat" Brady until he hit his 30s and then he was a completely different QB. Longevity is the key and I don't know that Mahomes's play style is very conducive to a long playing career.
Plus, Brady started his career before the Colts Polian-Manning clause was enacted way back in ye olden days of naught five.

Last edited:
Please don't take offense, but why do we insist on doing this?
I think it’s interesting to compare. Brady has an incredible career and I find it fascinating that there is already someone that could potentially put up similar stats. It is not a knock on Brady, just an admiration for profound athletic achievement.

I think it’s interesting to compare. Brady has an incredible career and I find it fascinating that there is already someone that could potentially put up similar stats. It is not a knock on Brady, just an admiration for profound athletic achievement.
Mahomes is off to a great start for sure but he is only one third to what Brady has accomplished ... it will be fun to watch to see how far he can get.

Very premature in my opinion. Brady went to 10 Super Bowls and won 7.
Mahomes is not even half way there. When he gets to 75%, maybe then will be time to start the comparisons.

Random observations
The play that McDuffie made on the long pass was the best play i have seen him make.

The Chiefs are making hay on offense and the camera pans to Shanahan, he his face is buried in his call sheet. He seems to be not involved in the whole game.

49ers could have won, some would say should have won but either way with the right talent you don't need the best QB in the league.

On Purdy, would say he played pretty well but there were several plays that could have been better, passes to nowhere, blocked passes. Did well for a rookie.
He was a rookie last year.

Very premature in my opinion. Brady went to 10 Super Bowls and won 7.
Mahomes is not even half way there. When he gets to 75%, maybe then will be time to start the comparisons.
Agreed. That's why the chart compares both of them at the same age/point in their career, not the entirety.

It's like a baseball player that starts hot, batting .430 and hitting 15 home runs in the first month of the season. At that rate, he projects to be a 400 hitter with 90 home runs. More likely not going to happen, but we all do it,

Agreed. That's why the chart compares both of them at the same age/point in their career, not the entirety.

It's like a baseball player that starts hot, batting .430 and hitting 15 home runs in the first month of the season. At that rate, he projects to be a 400 hitter with 90 home runs. More likely not going to happen, but we all do it,
Brady had 3 Hall of Fame careers over his 23 years. Mahomie is one third there. He has been impressive but so many things have to go in his favor for him to even close to matching Brady. And remember, Brady beat Mahomes twice in the playoffs, so IMO, Mahomes actually has to get to 8 rings to actually surpass him.

Brady had 3 Hall of Fame careers over his 23 years. Mahomie is one third there. He has been impressive but so many things have to go in his favor for him to even close to matching Brady. And remember, Brady beat Mahomes twice in the playoffs, so IMO, Mahomes actually has to get to 8 rings to actually surpass him.

If he gets 5, they'll (media) crown his a$$. They'll point to cameras and air pressure. They'll probably put Reid ahead of Bill as well.

Brady had 3 Hall of Fame careers over his 23 years. Mahomie is one third there. He has been impressive but so many things have to go in his favor for him to even close to matching Brady. And remember, Brady the Patriots beat Mahomes twice in the playoffs, so IMO, Mahomes actually has to get to 8 rings to actually surpass him.
True. Not questioning that he has a long way to go and things have to fall in place. So far they have. But Mahommes doesn'thave BB to help him get there. Also fixed your post above.

If he gets 5, they'll (media) crown his a$$. They'll point to cameras and air pressure. They'll probably put Reid ahead of Bill as well.
Yeah, well the media are a bunch of clowns ...

Thankfully nobody cares what the media thinks these days, all one has to do is look at the records book to get the real facts. As for BB, if he ends up not coaching again Andy Reid might surpass him which would take another 4-5 seasons of winning at least 10 games per season.

Thankfully nobody cares what the media thinks these days, all one has to do is look at the records book to get the real facts. As for BB, if he ends up not coaching again Andy Reid might surpass him which would take another 4-5 seasons of winning at least 10 games per season.
Reid has a better case for GOAT over Bill if he is able to get another couple of SB wins because he has been so successful without Mahomes.

Reid has a better case for GOAT over Bill if he is able to get another couple of SB wins because he has been so successful without Mahomes.
I don't know about that, personally I think it's harder to win multiple SB's with the same team considering the team never gets a high draft pick and the way BB spent money ( which he didn't like to do) really restricted recruiting top notch talent.

I don't know about that, personally I think it's harder to win multiple SB's with the same team considering the team never gets a high draft pick and the way BB spent money ( which he didn't like to do) really restricted recruiting top notch talent.
Having Brady, the GOAT is what made it so easy for him in so many facets of team building and play on the field.

What Reid did with McNabb, Vick and Smith is legendary IMO ... and now of course he is literally cleaning up with Mahomes.

Back