Super Bowl LVIII game thread.

Don't think I would have the nerve to tackle a guy with a gun. Good on them.
i am listening to the guy. he didn't know he had a gun until he was tackling him. that said, i give him 100,000,000,000,000%credit for tackling him regardless.

Wrong. His legs allow him to create things that aren't there and thathat will start to slow down as he nears 30, and quite honestly I have seen a little bit of that already. Let's stop with the genius tag okay. Contrary to many beliefs he does get hit quite a lot and takes some pretty good shots. This might have been the last hurrah because that team is on the verge of falling apart and you saw some of that during the SB as well.

Things are very tenuous in KC and if the imo SF kicker not been paid off to miss the extra point to at least give the Chiefs the ability to not have to get a TD (twice might I add) to have a chance to win he game multiple times, the chatter would be all about the antics on the sideline etc etc.

Yeah, whatever. You sound exactly like a Patriots homer who hates Mahomes because he is fucking great.

I don't want to give him credit, either, but sometimes you just have to admit the truth. He's crazy smart, but has
just about everything else going for him, too. It is what it is.

Not wrong, but thanks for your opinion.

Yeah, whatever. You sound exactly like a Patriots homer who hates Mahomes because he is fucking great.

I don't want to give him credit, either, but sometimes you just have to admit the truth. He's crazy smart, but has

Nah, just Mahomie hasn't faced the competition that TB had to, meaning he had to go through Peyton many times, and other MVPs to get to the SBs. Remember the time that Brady when though 2 MVPs in 2003 playoffs? I do. I watch Mahomie, and then I go back and watch Brady..and it isn't even close.

Brady would beat him every time in the playoffs. So yeah, not even close.

Nah, just Mahomie hasn't faced the competition that TB had to, meaning he had to go through Peyton many times, and other MVPs to get to the SBs. Remember the time that Brady when though 2 MVPs in 2003 playoffs? I do. I watch Mahomie, and then I go back and watch Brady..and it isn't even close.

Brady would beat him every time in the playoffs. So yeah, not even close.
Really? This year with a terrible offense, he went to Buffalo and Baltimore, both very good teams and won. There comes a time when you have to face facts and tip your hat to an exceptional player. It doesn't diminish Brady in any way.

I didn't want the Chiefs - or anyone -becoming a "dynasty" anytime soon, but it is what it is. Think of every other team in the NFL.... there was almost no "break"/gap inbetween 2 teams dominating the SB wins. At least Pats were one of those 2. lets hope Chefs fall off as I sure as hell don't want to see them again in SB for a long time. a 10 year break at least would be good, unless they lose a few :coffee:

This was Mahomes' most challenging year bc of an oft injured OLine and lack of WRs. Statistically it was his worst year.
He had to use his smarts to get past Buffalo and Baltimore on the road. He was crazy good when it mattered and also had a D he could rely on.
I give Mahomes and Reid a huge amount of credit for winning the Lombardi but I can't forget Chris Jones who is about to get a bag.

GEsltojWcAAnMMo

This was Mahomes' most challenging year bc of an oft injured OLine and lack of WRs. Statistically it was his worst year.
He had to use his smarts to get past Buffalo and Baltimore on the road. He was crazy good when it mattered and also had a D he could rely on.
I give Mahomes and Reid a huge amount of credit for winning the Lombardi but I can't forget Chris Jones who is about to get a bag.

GEsltojWcAAnMMo

GEsltojWcAAnMMo
Chris Jones was crazy good. On that critical 3rd down on OT with SF deep in the red zone, he blew up Purdy's playcall and they had to settle for the FG. He reminded me of Hightower in Superbowls, just monster plays when it mattered most.

Really? This year with a terrible offense, he went to Buffalo and Baltimore, both very good teams and won. There comes a time when you have to face facts and tip your hat to an exceptional player. It doesn't diminish Brady in any way.

I'm not facing anything. Brady did more, in a tougher time in the sport, and it took him YEARS to get his due. YEARS. Mahomes has a couple of good seasons and omfg he's the best evah!

It's nauseating and embarrassing for Boston fans especially to even have a thought of that. I like Mahomes and wouldn't mind him on the Pats. Is he good, yep. Is he transcendent, nope. Had Buffalo or Baltimore played..what is that...oh yeah double 87 they win. Both of them. Instead they play some insane version of man and he burned them.

Thats when I start to question the league as a whole. How, when you have one singular player you don't start with that the first day of game planning. Either they are epically retarded, or they are on the script because that doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

I'm not facing anything. Brady did more, in a tougher time in the sport, and it took him YEARS to get his due. YEARS. Mahomes has a couple of good seasons and omfg he's the best evah!

It's nauseating and embarrassing for Boston fans especially to even have a thought of that. I like Mahomes and wouldn't mind him on the Pats. Is he good, yep. Is he transcendent, nope. Had Buffalo or Baltimore played..what is that...oh yeah double 87 they win. Both of them. Instead they play some insane version of man and he burned them.

Thats when I start to question the league as a whole. How, when you have one singular player you don't start with that the first day of game planning. Either they are epically retarded, or they are on the script because that doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
Mahomes was quicker out of the gate than Tom because he's the better athlete. It's as simple as that. He had/has athletic traits that Tom never did. I would have thought that was obvious? Brady had to work harder than any other QB because he was never the most naturally gifted.

Now, can Mahomes last and get to where Brady was in his 40s? I would say a definitive no. I don't think Mahomes will get to 7 SBs, But he is only 28, and who can tell what will happen in the future? As a very biased Patriot fan, I hope Mahomes doesn't match Brady. But Mahomes is exceptional, and I think it is very unlikely that he won't win at least 2 more Lombardis.

it is very unusual that you have the GOAT QB who has literally hung up his cleats last year and already we have a QB who is hot on his heels. it would have been like LeBron starting off and being brilliant as Jordan was at his peak, or Tiger starting blasting off when Niklaus was at his peak,

Mahomes was quicker out of the gate than Tom because he's the better athlete. It's as simple as that. He had/has athletic traits that Tom never did. I would have thought that was obvious? Brady had to work harder than any other QB because he was never the most naturally gifted.

Now, can Mahomes last and get to where Brady was in his 40s? I would say a definitive no. I don't think Mahomes will get to 7 SBs, But he is only 28, and who can tell what will happen in the future? As a very biased Patriot fan, I hope Mahomes doesn't match Brady. But Mahomes is exceptional, and I think it is very unlikely that he won't win at least 2 more Lombardis.

it is very unusual that you have the GOAT QB who has literally hung up his cleats last year and already we have a QB who is hot on his heels. it would have been like LeBron starting off and being brilliant as Jordan was at his peak, or Tiger starting blasting off when Niklaus was at his peak,

Some fair points there to be sure. Just gets tiring from banging the drum that Tom was better than Gomer after he got his 3rd, and just on the eye test. Then it was TB vs Montana and more fighting. Then finally, people finally saw the light..and that was it.

Now we have a dude, who isn't in TBs universe, and its back. Bradshaw won 4, Montana won 4, Aikman won 3. Just a sign of the current times that people have zero recognition of the past etc.

Some fair points there to be sure. Just gets tiring from banging the drum that Tom was better than Gomer after he got his 3rd, and just on the eye test. Then it was TB vs Montana and more fighting. Then finally, people finally saw the light..and that was it.

Now we have a dude, who isn't in TBs universe, and its back. Bradshaw won 4, Montana won 4, Aikman won 3. Just a sign of the current times that people have zero recognition of the past etc.
What if Montana played in today's game for twenty years without the crap being beat out of him?

With Montana San Fran wins this last SB.

You really can't compare quantity vs quality.

How can you say Mahomes isn't in TB's universe? All you can do is compare them at this stage, and Mahomes stacks up well. No one knows what the future holds. Brady was ahead of Montana's pace, went 10 years without one (and lost two in between) to fall behind, and ended up +3 vs. Joe. Appreciating what Mahomes is doing right now doesn't devalue what TB12 or the Pats did. If anything, we're kind of lucky to have overlapped the beginning of their dynasty to sneak in a head-to-head road win in an all-time battle.

How can you say Mahomes isn't in TB's universe? All you can do is compare them at this stage, and Mahomes stacks up well. No one knows what the future holds. Brady was ahead of Montana's pace, went 10 years without one (and lost two in between) to fall behind, and ended up +3 vs. Joe. Appreciating what Mahomes is doing right now doesn't devalue what TB12 or the Pats did. If anything, we're kind of lucky to have overlapped the beginning of their dynasty to sneak in a head-to-head road win in an all-time battle.

How? I say it because he isn't.

Is he on the path eventually being (or maybe eclipsing) TB? Yes. But until he gets into orbit of TB's career accomplishments, he simply is NOT there.

He may never be there and he might. But he isn't now. And won't be for at least a few more SB winning years...

IF they happen at all.

Edit: This view is not in any way meant to be detrimental to Kermit at all. He has been otherworldly so far. Just not TB's world, yet.

Last edited:
Back