Tebucky Jones coming back??

That would be.....odd.

He was a great gunner on special teams anyway.

I just searched ProJo too and came up empty.

Undertaker #59 said:
That would be.....odd.

He was a great gunner on special teams anyway.

I just searched ProJo too and came up empty.

Someone at Patsfans.com just read it in the Projo and posted the following:
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=33836
Just read it in the Pro Jo, all it says is ,"conversations between the team and Jones agent, Gary Wichard heated up in the past few days and the veteran safety appears close to rejoing the team that traded him in 2003."

This article must be in print only because I can't find it on the projo website.

In related news, the Pats are close to announcing the signing of 6 more safeties whose names include; Antwan Harris, Antwon Fisher, Antoine Mitchell, Antwoine Davis, Carson Kressley and Carson Daly.

Their strategy seems to be to tie up all available safeties and then trade for whomever they want with teams desperate for one.

You can never have too many good ST players. And, while Tebucky sucked as a coverage corner, he's a hard hitter at safety.

We know that Belichick loooooves defensive backs. He likes to have a lot of them, and play a lot of them, and play a lot of them at the same time. If he could figure out how to use three down linemen and 8 defensive backs he probably would, LOL.

I don't mind Tebucky coming back as long as it's relatively cheap. The more flexibility back there the better, and "flexibility" is one of Belichick's favorite words. It would allow Eugene Wilson to flip-flop to corner more often (and in the middle of a defensive series).

We know that Belichick loooooves defensive backs. He likes to have a lot of them, and play a lot of them, and play a lot of them at the same time. If he could figure out how to use three down linemen and 8 defensive backs he probably would, LOL.

Actually he did that already in the Rams superbowl...that is why Warner was so damn confused half the time,lol. If I remember right...at times they had 2 lineman and the rest where CB's on a few plays.

JD10367 said:
You can never have too many good ST players. And, while Tebucky sucked as a coverage corner, he's a hard hitter at safety.

I don't mind Tebucky coming back as long as it's relatively cheap. The more flexibility back there the better, and "flexibility" is one of Belichick's favorite words. It would allow Eugene Wilson to flip-flop to corner more often (and in the middle of a defensive series).

Agreed. He has some added incentive - he makes his home in the Hartford area. Good get by Curran, too.

Tebucky may be a Pat again
by Tom E. Curran
Journal Sports Writer

Tebucky Jones may be coming back to the Patriots.
Conversations between the team and Jones' agent, Gary Wichard, heated up in the last few days, and the veteran safety appears close to rejoining the team that traded him in 2003.
Jones, who turns 32 in October, spent last year with Miami. He played in six games and made 39 tackle for the Dolphins before tearing a pectoral muscle and landing on injured reserve.
Jones was carrying a $6-million base salary for the 2006 season before the Dolphins released him last month. Jones spent one year with Miami. Franchised by the Patriots in March 2003, Jones was traded to the Saints a week prior to the 2003 draft.
In return, New England got third- and seventh-round picks in 2003 and a fourth-rounder in 2004. The Pats turned those picks into Dexter Reid, Tully Banta-Cain and - after some swaps and maneuvering - Corey Dillon.
The Patriots appeared to have outpursued the Jets, who also were interested in Jones and had him in for a visit.
The 6-foot-2, 218-pound Jones was a first-round selection (22nd overall) by the Pete Carroll-Bobby Grier Patriots. A running back at Syracuse before switching to safety, the Pats tried to make Jones a cornerback.
The idea didn't work. Eventually, Jones settled in at safety, and while his tackling was erratic, he was a presence in the middle of the field and one of the league's best special-teams players. He was at his best for the Patriots during the team's memorable run to the Super Bowl XXXVI title.

I liked Jones as a Patriot and didn't want to see him leave.

I thought he had good potential but he was inconsistent.

mikiemo83 said:
hope Gramatica doesn't start dancing and blow his knew out again

Annihilus blew his knew out just last year and had to have intrusive brain surgery to get it fixed. It's a tough injury to overcome.

Back