Teh Official Pats v Ravens Game Day Thread - Div Round Playoff Edition

Agreed.
And it seems like the other teams have good players at those positions via low round picks.

Good point re the draft. Someone like Chandler Jones is good but seems to be a bit strong and a bit fast, without being outstanding in either (as an example).
Posted via Mobile Device

The NFL network did finally clarify that the announcement was made in stadium. But that didn't stop the talking heads from being indignant and stating that the defense should of had an opportunity to adjust. At least Irvin was somewhat the voice of reason by asking sarcastically if this was going to be a conversation all week long.

Surprisingly, ESPN was the voice of reason. They had Chris Mortensen on who had talked to the NFL offices. They stated that the formation was legal, the reporting procedures were followed and there was nothing else to say about it. ESPN let it move on with that final word and no comment from their talking heads.

The really sad part of this entire "controversy" is that had McCarthy done this very same thing in GB, we would all be forced to hear about what a genuis he is.

With BB, it's all about cheating......

So I kinda disagree. ESPN took the stance of it was "slimy" but the league couldn't rule it cheating.

I think interior OL will be the Pats first pick this year. Then LB, DL, RB, CB

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/10/patriots-come-back-beat-ravens/related/

Is it deceptive, as Ravens coach John Harbaugh alleged? Sure it is. But so is a play-action pass, a draw play, a flea flicker, a statue of liberty, a lateral pass to a receiver who throws the ball to another receiver, the zone blitz, the fake blitz, the delayed blitz, every pre-snap look aimed at making the opponent think the play is something other than what it will be, a fake punt, a fake field goals, a surprise onside kick from conventional kick formation, and a punt returner pretending the ball is coming to him when it’s actually going to a guy left alone on the other side of the field.

Cheaters!!!!

This.

Particularly when the Ravens backs catching passes out of the backfield without a defender in sight was a legit gripe for most of the game.

I try to avoid the "he sucks", "coaches are idiots", "game over" (in the 2nd quarter) stuff in the game thread, but plenty of that game was borderline unwatchable from a Pats POV and I understand why people lost their cool.
Posted via Mobile Device

This happens every week here in the game thread where people will say "this defense sucks", "game over", "window closed", etc in the heat of the moment, but some of it is so absurd that the handful of people that can remain level-headed during these games read them and laugh. Some gripes are legitimate, others are heat-of-the-moment fan reactions. But, IMO, some comments are so absurd that they warrant a "so, you were saying?" type of response in the hope that said parties will get the point the next time around.

Yep, they also announced every time that there was an ineligible receiver. I'm a casual fan with 9 buck frozen beer and I understood generally what the pats were doing. Baltimore has no claim here.
Posted via Mobile Device

Love me some barley popsicles.

Cheers

Vince was most certainly jiggly ROFL

One shot of Brady yesterday looked like he broke a blood vessel in his right eye. Did he?

And the knee he took to the head served to piss him off the rest of the game.

Brady led NE rushing, even getting a TD.

This game was full of exceptional moments :toast:

At one point I saw him shaking his left hand and he appeared to be in a lot of pain. The replay showed that Brady had been hit on the previous play and somebody landed on his upper body trapping his left arm and shoulder in an awkward way against the turf.

He shook it off quickly enough and didn't appear to have any issues with it, but something happened.

You're right about the exceptional moments, though.

That came had more momentum swings than the average game and the intensity and speed of those swings was also off the charts.

It was a lot of work watching that one. I was shattered afterwards and never touched a bottle.

To me, that was just a huge game for Tom Brady, a big game also for his reputation.

A hell of a lot of media talk was all about Flacco and how Brady has weakened and how he and the Pats have failed in the playoffs the past ten years.

With a shaky O Line, a defense that was doing nothing and getting belted at various times, Tom came through and put up some monster yards and drive the team to victory.

Mental Toughness? That's Tom Brady all the way.

I'm a little sleep deprived right now, but, just to clarify, we're still cheating cheaters who cheat, right? :jerkit:

I wasn't one hundred pct. sure if we still were, so I drove my hoverround over to the other side of the day lounge here at Shady Rest and asked Don Shula.

"I said I want toast with LOTS of jelly!!!" was his response.

I wasn't one hundred pct. sure if we still were, so I drove my hoverround over to the other side of the day lounge here at Shady Rest and asked Don Shula.

"I said I want toast with LOTS of jelly!!!" was his response.

Shula is very jelly.

This happens every week here in the game thread where people will say "this defense sucks", "game over", "window closed", etc in the heat of the moment, but some of it is so absurd that the handful of people that can remain level-headed during these games read them and laugh. Some gripes are legitimate, others are heat-of-the-moment fan reactions. But, IMO, some comments are so absurd that they warrant a "so, you were saying?" type of response in the hope that said parties will get the point the next time around.

I agree Hoodie.

It's also true that there were several "Oh ye of little faith! Ravens suck. Pats smoke them by four scores. Stop worrying!" posts made in the last week, which would look equally crazy if bumped now too.

http://nesn.com/2015/01/patriots-julian-edelman-selling-t-shirts-commemorating-the-pass-photo/

Did you watch Julian Edelman’s touchdown pass to Danny Amendola on Saturday and think, “Man, I really wish I had that play on a T-shirt.” Well, if you did, you’re in luck. It took the New England Patriots wide receiver less than 24 hours to begin selling shirts commemorating “The Pass” on his personal website.

The gadget play — which featured the first pass of Edelman’s NFL career — helped power the Patriots to a 35-31, come-from-behind victory over the Baltimore Ravens in an AFC divisional-round matchup. The tees will run you $29.99 a pop and can be found here. It’s one of several shirts in the wideout’s online store, including the “Edelception” one from last summer’s strange T-shirt battle with tight end Rob Gronkowski. Photo via JulianEdelman.com

screen-shot-2015-01-11-at-1-56-45-pm.png

Back