Teh official Taltos "circle rep thread" #2

My mother-in-law has been making grits since she was a kid. She's in her late seventies, she knows how to make them. Her husband eats them and her sister eats them and they enjoy it.

Some things people don't like. I make a mean fiddlehead but not everyone likes fiddleheads.

She has given me the okay not to eat it because she says in her words, "Lord child I have tried."

🤣🤣🤣

My guess is she doesn't cook em long enough.

Btw, you can keep the fiddleheads. The taste makes me gag.

My guess is she doesn't cook em long enough.
I'm going to move on because now you're starting to insult my mother-in-law who I love and adore like a mother. So I'm moving on. 👍

I don't know why you can't accept the fact that I don't like them. 🤣🤣🤣 Plus, there could be a chance that I will never like them.

In the South where they're from they do.

And she does use milk and she does use cheese. I just don't like it. I like boudin and couton but not every like those things. I tell people how those are made and I get the gagging reflex from people.

Where in South? Anytime I hear of people adding sweeteners to grits they're Northern folk who think that's how they're eaten.

See, you don't like fiddleheads. And I don't tell you how I make them and how you would absolutely love mine. I don't say that.

But you would love mine you absolutely love mine. 🤣🤣🤣

Ok, you win.

Muse, grits are not cereal!! Jelly, jam and sugar have NO business being put on grits.
Grits is a savory dish once tasted when done right goes with damn near any main course.
Chev, just a question whats the difference between polenta and grits besides the color of the corn. I've had Short ribs over polenta would thast be about the same?

~Dee~

I have tried with gravy, with salt and pepper, with jelly, with jam, sugar and butter.

I have tried. I have really tried because I wanted to make her happy but can't do the texture.

My mother-in-law has moved on from trying to make me eat them and I have as well. 🤣🤣🤣
Have you tried em with braised squirrel?

Cheers

Chev, just a question whats the difference between polenta and grits besides the color of the corn. I've had Short ribs over polenta would thast be about the same?

~Dee~

Traditionally, polenta comes from yellow corn and grits comes from white. Polenta is usually ground a little coarser so grits gives a creamier mouth feel.
In most recipes one can be substituted for the other.

Hope your day is terrific!
Choose your pleasure!
E_kw-UnXIAIxGFc

Back