Teh official Taltos "circle rep thread" #2

Wingsday in Decorah :wuv:

From Raptor Resource Project:

DN15 and DN16 turned 60 and 59 days old today! Our average eaglet fledging age is 77 days old, although they might fledge a little later or a little earlier than that. Our youngest fledge (a single, probably male eaglet at the North nest) was 70 days old, and our oldest fledge (one of two North nest siblings, probably female) was 83 days old. After nearly two months of observing almost every detail of the eaglets' lives - first feedings, first beakdowns, first poop shoot, first pellet, last natal down dandelion puff, first wingercize, first pinfeather, first heraldic pose, first successful stand, and first self-feeding, just to name a few - the final in-nest milestone is almost here. DN15 and DN16 will fledge in roughly 10 to 20 days. We'll still see them in and around Decorah North as they transition to skilled flyers and gain food-finding skills, but their time in the nest will be more-or-less done until they gain mates and build their own nests as adults.

The tree-riffic two have been building flying skills and muscle over the last two weeks, putting their wings to good use as the wingercize, flapdoodle, and trampoline around the nest. While goodbyes are always bittersweet, they will be well prepared for life beyond the nest and are fledging just in time to take advantage of summer's bounty.

I'll be sad to see DN15 and DN16 leave the nest. But they'll soon be branching out (pun intended) as they get ready for the next chapter of their lives. Stay tuned...fledge is almost here!

View: https://fb.watch/dexJa6xU08/

Have a terrific day!

Asking for help never hurts.

View: https://twitter.com/SanjayS49917075/status/1528032227220606976

A glorious sun pillar at sunrise in Eastham, Cape Cod courtesy of Darius Aniunas
FTrFMk4WYAAvzgK

Morning all-

Daughter and kiddos arrive today! Everyone have a fantastic start the the Memorial Day weekend!

~Dee~

I get to say something I wanted to say for a few days.

I shot the sheriff, but I didn’t shoot the deputy.

Okay, it was an interview for the sheriffs office recognition dinner. I went to the deputy first.

Between Facebook, my old grocery store job, and now my current job, more and more people know me. I am friends with the former sheriff, current sheriff, a county commissioner, and quite a few millionaires.

I get to say something I wanted to say for a few days.

I shot the sheriff, but I didn’t shoot the deputy.

Okay, it was an interview for the sheriffs office recognition dinner. I went to the deputy first.

Between Facebook, my old grocery store job, and now my current job, more and more people know me. I am friends with the former sheriff, current sheriff, a county commissioner, and quite a few millionaires.
Always helps to have contacts.

A famous rock in Gloucester (discovered in the very early in the 1600's Was Whales Jaw. I used to climb both sides (easy to do). I believe
The Jaw broke off in 1989

We have the Sleeping Giant state park which has deteriorated since I was a kid and in my later years at College.... but at a time during my childhood and young adulthood it looked like a giant fell asleep on top of a cliff. I miss it still we hiked it all the time when I was in my collegiate years.

~Dee~

Back