Teh official Taltos "circle rep thread" #2

Enjoy your day! :)

bcbfe8f448b8fa3c233b1fc84b8f21b7.jpg

In August I wrote how I loss my little sassy bird, Nye. I miss his essence.

20220729_131119.jpg

That left Jasper as the sole bird. This is the first time since I started rescuing birds in 1998. My first thought was how would he handle it. My second thought was the vet bill would be manageable now. As exotic animals, just walking through the front door costs me $250-$300 per bird.

A couple of months went by. Jasper was not handling it well. He would stare where Nye was. He would walk into my office which is the bird room/office and look for him. After two months my parrot was suffering mentally. And even though I'm getting older and slower and told myself no more pets or aka birds I knew I had no chose. My parrot was hurting and it was affecting him. So I went and adopted two keets.

20221015_150846.jpg

Ashland is on the right and Lapis is on the left. Ashlans is 98 % grey. I have never seen a grey keet before. Lapis is a gem that is deep blue , son named him. I don't think Ashland ate well due to how she reacts to food. They never had a swing. She would climb up and just sit. I showed her that it swings. She loves it and will push to swing.

Jasper loves them from day one. Well, let me give back story. Once I decided this was going to happen, I placed an empty cage by him for two weeks. After I placed the perches, swings, tots etc for two weeks by his cage. He kept watching the space. When I saw Ashland it was a no brainer. I wasn't planning on Lapis but after watching I noticed they were bonded and I could not separate them, it be cruel. I sat in front of them for a while to make sure I got it right.

Jasper loved them from day one. Some days no but overall my parrot is slowly returning to how he was. I know he misses Nye still but these two little creatures just 4 inches high and weighing barely anything has helped so much.

The things we do for our animals. But rescues are a different breed and they feel do much.

But to restore his mental health was worth the $$$$ and time now I have added to my life since training has begun.

This parrot may not place me high on his list hut he is high on mine. I promised him nothing would ever make us get rid of him. He was in his forever home. They would have to get pass me to hurt him. He is loved. And will be there with him.

20221015_143632.jpg

Attachments

• 20221015_141608.jpg
    20221015_141608.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Wingsday in Decorah :wuv:

From Raptor Resource Project:

November 7, 2022: HM (left) and HD (right) at N1. See the eagle heart?

39F8C54A-B3CB-4C1D-8996-B7EAF28E5BD9.jpeg

November 7, 2022: Beautiful DNF glows with health and vitality in the morning sun.

A042542E-9B2C-4052-AA62-93D249F60678.jpeg

November 7, 2022: Big wings need big nests! HM has just flown into N1.

906B0CAC-8FB7-48A6-99E9-2BB89E112AFF.jpeg

November 7, 2022: DNF flies out of the North nest. We can see the outline of this year's nest with
new rails and plenty of soft, fluffy grasses and corn husks: an excellent insulator that it easy to get,
fly into the nest, and shred!

781E9559-C857-4354-BEE7-529AEC37C316.jpeg

Have a great day!

View: https://twitter.com/dariusaniunas/status/1590664555365302272

Name the fish
FaOHNi3WIAQMKoP

Peacock Bass. A fresh water fish found in tropical climates. Coming from the Amazon river basin they showed up in rivers and lakes in southernmost Florida in 1963 and in Texas 10 years later. Although non-indigenous they aren't wreaking havoc on local fisheries having similar impact as large mouth bass. They have become the most popular target of fishermen in south Fla.

Freestyle Friday in Decorah :wuv:

From Raptor Resource Project:

November 10, 2022: HM (left) and HD (right). I think the two have
brought in three to four inches of sticks so far!

AB69F5E5-023A-4A98-A63B-5AF9BC0535EB.jpeg

Just got off a 3 hour video chart with my dear friend Nerendra in India.

I've always known this but somehow forgot the words and feeling and they weren't spoken between us tonight. But just now I heard them and they were between us the whole time.

A clear vision of a passionate love ignites a burning desire within which nothing is impossible.

Back