Teh official Taltos "circle rep thread" #2

Freestyle Friday in Decorah :wuv:

From Raptor Resource Project:

February 22, 2024: Mr. North keeps his eyes on the skies at the North Nest! Last year, DNF spent all of her time defending her territory from other eagles who were stalled at the deep snow and ice line, and the nest failed despite Mr. North's diligent attention to their lone egg. But in this most unusual winter - can we even call it winter? - some species seem to kicking off their spring a little earlier than usual and we're not seeing nearly the amount of intruders we did last year!

IMG_4117.jpeg

February 22, 2024: DNF holds her feet loosely as she steps into the nest. She sometimes rolls the eggs by gently pushing at them with her talons - something that Mrs. North also used to do.

IMG_4118.jpeg

February 22, 2024: Another glimpse of the eggs.

IMG_4119.jpeg

February 22, 2024: DNF pants in the sun. We're usually watching them covered in snow this time of the year, not trying to lose heat! Now I'm wondering what April is going to look like, since it has trended colder the last couple of years. Will winter, or something winter-like, return? Stay tuned!

IMG_4120.jpeg

February 22, 2024: I loved this image of DNF incubating her eggs. You can see her wonderfully overlapped feathers and her sleek profile in the nest: low and slow will get the job done right! She might be sprawling to help lose heat - again, not usually an issue this time of the year - while continuing to incubate her eggs.

IMG_4121.jpeg

The geese are back on N2B in Decorah and it appears they are nesting.

February 22, 2024: Will Mr. and Mrs. Goose lay eggs early this year? The first goose egg of 2023 was laid on March 25, but I think they could accelerate their schedule this year!

IMG_4122.jpeg

February 22, 2024: A beautiful image of Mother Goose from our camera operators' private collection!

IMG_4123.jpeg

The Decorah Goose Cam is back! Watch at our website:

Decorah Goose Cam - Raptor Resource Project or at explore.org: Decorah Goose Cam.

Mother Goose didn't begin laying until March 25 last year, but she and Papa have been very busy in nest N2B and have already scraped out a depression in the soft substrate. We'll see when she lays her first egg this year!

Happy Caturday and have a nice weekend! :)

de9edf42b91ce4998c44b917e2acad2c.jpg

Trying to convince my wife to take a two night trip to Pensacola come October just us. Found a an airbnb two blocks from the gulf for just under 400. Gas should cost under 200 for the whole trip. Would drive one of our cars so no rental. Just food and entertainment.

Today hubby was saying my name, he thought maybe I left already. Jasper was trying to say my name also. I am so screwed if he learns it. LOLOLOL
The dogs sleep in our room. They the 2 Assuie s literally herd me up in the morning the puppy started at 4:30 I was able to get her back to sleep for about 15 minutes lol.

~Dee~

Back