The 2016 Rio Summer Olympics thread

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score

THE OLYMPICS - they still do them? for real?:shrug_n:

Congratulations on finding out that a) there is a world beyond the United States and b) we play sports you haven't heard of. There is hope for you yet.:poke:

Congratulations on finding out that a) there is a world beyond the United States and b) we play sports you haven't heard of. There is hope for you yet.:poke:

Oh I have always been a casual Olympics fan. Just not soccer, and as for that other distinctly British sport, I will leave you with this quote from one of the greatest English persons to have ever lived:

Of all the races in the Galaxy, only the English could possibly revive the memory of the most horrific wars ever to sunder the Universe and transform it into what I'm afraid is generally regarded as an incomprehensibly dull and pointless game.

My brother and I were considering going for a week but Zika so no.

Oh I have always been a casual Olympics fan. Just not soccer, and as for that other distinctly British sport, I will leave you with this quote from one of the greatest English persons to have ever lived:

Of all the races in the Galaxy, only the English could possibly revive the memory of the most horrific wars ever to sunder the Universe and transform it into what I'm afraid is generally regarded as an incomprehensibly dull and pointless game.

496px-Dont_panic.svg.png

SSDD

I am psyched to watch the women's soccer team go for gold after winning the World Cup last year. Both of my daughters play soccer and we love to watch this team do their thing.

Used to love the Olympics, winter and summer. Used to love Rio, too.

Romantic, exotic, sexy, beautiful,

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UJkxFhFRFDA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6UfD76O8UDo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Things have changed.

Cheers

Lmao! Cricket, I presume?

Less flippantly, re your headlines: it's not looking good for this Olpymics, is it?

I will watch the <strike>Carwreck</strike> Games when they work into my schedule. Mostly the Rugby, Sprints, soccer and maybe gymnastics with my daughter if she wants.

I too am a winter fan.

Back