The 2019 NFL Draft Round 1 Thread

The Steelers moved up to get the wrong Devin. Bush is a very good player and LB is what they need but moving up hurts the rest of their draft. But what do I know?

That Giants pick of Daniel Jones at 6 is getting HAMMERED. Hilariously.

I haven't see anything in him to think that he warranted a pick anywhere near that high. What a shitty start in New York for that kid to have to deal with people thinking you are horrible before you even buckle your chinstrap.

Yeah, that's definitely a reach in my mind. Maybe Eli had something to do with it...he wants to play longer!

3rd rounder.:coffee:

Being groomed by the Manning coach surely influenced this stupidity.

Imagine if we have ended up getting an Anquan Boldin type of player? Wow.

Boldin was one of my favourite WRs in the league, his attitude and ability to make those catches. Great player. If we've snagged a player like that......and we get a clean Josh Gordon back??

Good lord.

His ASU coach in interviews today is saying he's Dez Bryant type of receiver.

Harry: "I don't like to get into comparing guys, but if you look at his height (6-2 3/8), his size (228), and probably his speed, similar to Dez Bryant. Same body build. The ability to go up and fight for the football."

He wins 90 percent of the contested balls. Not afraid to go over the middle. Has really good running skills when he gets the ball in his hand. Can play inside and outside. We moved him around a little bit; didn't play inside a whole lot.

My only concern with a player like this:

Will Brady throw contested balls?

It’s not like him. He reads seperation and makes safe throws with the football. Harry poses a potential deviation to the thought process.

It’s not like him. He reads seperation and makes safe throws with the football. Harry poses a potential deviation to the thought process.

Some of those contested catches were under thrown balls, so that will be less likely. And there are the back shoulder throws that would work well.

That Giants pick of Daniel Jones at 6 is getting HAMMERED. Hilariously.

I haven't see anything in him to think that he warranted a pick anywhere near that high. What a shitty start in New York for that kid to have to deal with people thinking you are horrible before you even buckle your chinstrap.

GM said if you put Eli and peyton in a blender you would get Jones.

---------- Post added at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

He did to moss, and Gronk, and Gordon.

You know Brady loves the back shoulder sideline throw . The biggest question can he learn the playbook. Run the routes . Thats something a lot of Rookie WRs & Vets have struggled badly .

The Giants must have a fetish to draft the MVP of the Senior Bowl every year.

2017 Davis Webb
2018 Kyle Lauletta
2019 Daniel Jones

Weird, huh?

Maybe it sells tickets.

They're also getting criticized for drafting CB Deandre Baker at 30.
Gettleman must be immune to criticism by now.

I thought the first round was fairly conventional last night with a few deviations:

4. The Raiders taking Clelin Ferrell. I love the kid and applaud Chuckie and Mayock for getting him at 4 even though the conventional wisdom was that it was a bit of a reach. He's a natural leader and they told him they're looking to him to help change the Raiders culture. No problem with this move.

6. Daniel Jones. I think we've covered this. The early contender for the 2019 Blake Bortles Trophy.

9. The Bills take Ed Oliver and I think he's got a chance to be a good player, but they left Christian Wilkins on the board to land in the Phins laps at 13, which filled a massive need for them really nicely after the Packers also screwed up at 12 by selecting Rashan Gary. I think that will ultimately prove to be a mistake as well, but the Packers are now irrelevant and are likely to stay that way for a while.

I don't know if it's a coincidence that all three of the AFC East perennial also-rans took guys that can push the pocket from the middle. I found that interesting.

23. I think it's fair to question the Texans taking OT Tytus Howard here. Not because all the Mel Kipers out there thought he was a day 3 at the earliest type of dude, but because he was a day 3 at the earliest type of dude. History will show that to be a large mistake. He played RT at Alabama State in a style that may kindly be referred to as "finesse".

It's DB time in the draft. Calm down Reggis Wayne! Trolling the Titan fans on stage.

That was funny with reggie Wayne talking smack to titans fans.

Back