The 2021 Patriots' Preseason Camp

Then that would be rational of them to say, no? But I doubt most would. Many head coaches are baffons.

I don't have the knowledge or experience nor interest to do so at this point in my life to do so. I did, interestingly enough attempt to get into the profession after the 2001 SB as Bill blew my mind with what is possible. Didn't work out so I ended up applying what I saw as some great coaching and organizational principles to my business that I gleaned from Hoodie but that's as close as I got. I do know enough to see through my own eyes that a number of head coaches screw the pooch.

Last edited:
There’s a lot more parity between the 20 best coaching staffs in the NFL than most realize.
It’s about finding, evaluating, and keeping talent, and in that regard there are way less quality GMs.

There’s a lot more parity between the 20 best coaching staffs in the NFL than most realize.
It’s about finding, evaluating, and keeping talent, and in that regard there are way less quality GMs.

I just listened to Falcons GM Terry Fontenot, a disciple of Sean Payton, talking about the players he & HC Art Smith like most using words like "versatility" and phrases like "do their jobs" & "all 3 phases".
BB's influence is powerful.

Loser: RB J.J. Taylor

J.J. Taylor is competing not just for a role in New England’s running back rotation, but he also was used in the return game over the last three days. Late during Friday’s session, the second-year man saw some action in the punt return game. However, he muffed one of the kicks he was about to field.

This guy obviously never saw rookie Julian Edelman muffing so many punts that he was booed by the training camp fans. In fairness, he does say that muffing one punt might not be the dertermining factor on whether Taylor makes the team.
That's depressing. I really loved the spark that guy provided last year when he got a chance to run the ball.

Slipped disc pinching a nerve most likely. Much better than shoulder labrum surgery as was feared.
A microdiscectomy is a 2-4 week rehab and 6 weeks for full recovery.
One study shows reherniation occurs in 23% within 2 years but only 10% of those are symptomatic.

BB has the option to IR him to save an early roster spot or just keep him on PUP.
So you're saying there is a 97.7% chance that the surgery is considered "successful "?

I feel bad for Stidham, it's basically a lost year for him. This is the most important time of year for him to learn/ grow.

And will the Pat's sign another QB for the practice squad that is a pay grade above Dolagala?

No one told Mac and Bourne that it's not fun to play for the Patriots.

View attachment 5618

I have a friend on that FB group Jag and I run who is a San Fran fan to the death and he said to me today that Bourne is a touchdown machine. :)

Great way to have fun indeed.

Most of us focus on the other two phases, understandably and we always have a couple of guys like King who don't contribute to those at all and we
don't really know how he kept making the roster. At least Brandon Bolden can give you some positive snaps at RB, but every year he seems to be on everybody's
bubble except Belichick's. Now I just include him and assume he'll survive again. Plus, he's as ornery as a cornered raccoon and has a little bit of the Kevin Faulk
"gets a little better every year" going on (although Bolden's not on that level).

King hasn't played since 2018 and I'm not sure if anybody outside of the organization even noticed. How can you be a pure STer, miss two full years and make the
53? If he has some amazing skill that can allow him to pull that off then I haven't noticed it, but I'll concede that anybody that claims they can accurately analyze
special teams players, except in obvious cases (like Slater, Bailey, etc.) is either a Coach or has way too much time on their hands.

Back