The 2023 Season NFL Playoffs Thread

SF better play better than they did last night or the Ravens will smoke them
I think this is the Ravens year. Also, the Niners need to really hope that Samuel is going to be OK.

While I normally don’t like the Ravens, the need for someone to take out the chefs is paramount so glad to see them look dominant in 2nd half

SF will need to play better - unless GB is THAT good - to beat ravens… assuming that is the matchup, which seems most likely

I don't know why more folks aren't looking at at Detroit as a legit shot to go to the Super Bowl. Sure, I know they have a game
today, but Brock Purdy was pretty shaky last night and they just barely edged the Packers. I saw signs that he was getting spooked
in the pocket and he had a lot of unforced errors, which is not good for Niners fans. Sure, Deebo makes a lot of plays for them, but
they aren't exactly toothless when he isn't in the lineup. Anyhow, McCaffrey is one of those guys that is an outlier in a lot of ways. He
does it all and is able to take a ton of hits without slowing down much. He seems tireless even though he has a lot of miles on him.

What a football player that guy is. The rare big trade for an established star that worked out great. He cost a lot but gives more in return.

One other factor that I found interesting seemed very familiar for Patriots fans. Young Packers RT Zach Tom has been playing pretty well but
when he went into the blue tent they put a rookie across from Nick Bosa. Jordan Love had a much harder time functioning from that
point on. I was having Verderian Lowe flashbacks. We have to draft a couple of OTs or we will be fucked again next season no matter
who is playing QB. We don't have a single incumbent on the roster to feel good about and the free agent crop is sketchy, at best. Some
are coloring him gone, but I'd make Mike Onwenu an offer he can't refuse and hope he takes it. This is a new day and we have the money.

I don't know why more folks aren't looking at at Detroit as a legit shot to go to the Super Bowl. Sure, I know they have a game
today, but Brock Purdy was pretty shaky last night and they just barely edged the Packers. I saw signs that he was getting spooked
in the pocket and he had a lot of unforced errors, which is not good for Niners fans. Sure, Deebo makes a lot of plays for them, but
they aren't exactly toothless when he isn't in the lineup. Anyhow, McCaffrey is one of those guys that is an outlier in a lot of ways. He
does it all and is able to take a ton of hits without slowing down much. He seems tireless even though he has a lot of miles on him.

What a football player that guy is. The rare big trade for an established star that worked out great. He cost a lot but gives more in return.

One other factor that I found interesting seemed very familiar for Patriots fans. Young Packers RT Zach Tom has been playing pretty well but
when he went into the blue tent they put a rookie across from Nick Bosa. Jordan Love had a much harder time functioning from that
point on. I was having Verderian Lowe flashbacks. We have to draft a couple of OTs or we will be fucked again next season no matter
who is playing QB. We don't have a single incumbent on the roster to feel good about and the free agent crop is sketchy, at best. Some
are coloring him gone, but I'd make Mike Onwenu an offer he can't refuse and hope he takes it. This is a new day and we have the money.

I think it may be missed that GB are a genuinely good team. I mean, they started the season 3-6, and then it started clicking, and that young team found its feet and went on a run. And they know now they have legitimate GB, again, in Lambeau. I mean, they annihilated Dallas last week.

They were just a bit naive at the end in not talking the T/O ahead of McCaffrey's TD. But they'll be a force now for a few years. NFCN could be a good division again.

I read a couple of similar reports, but if this really is a new day in Foxboro I don't see why we can't break the "2nd contract curse" and
throw enough money at him to convince him to stay. Enough money to make Bill shake his head and reach for the Mylanta.

Maybe Callahan is just playing on our expectations which have been engrained for decades. We don't pay OLs top money. What I'm
saying is that we don't have any choice if we expect to be competitive anytime soon.

I'm probably just wasting electrons with this, but did the Chiefs fall apart when they signed Thuney for big money? Did the Niners
when they signed Trent Williams? Maybe I'm just growing tired of watching every good player we draft walk after a couple of years
and leaving the cupboard bare. Again.

I read a couple of similar reports, but if this really is a new day in Foxboro I don't see why we can't break the "2nd contract curse" and
throw enough money at him to convince him to stay. Enough money to make Bill shake his head and reach for the Mylanta.

Maybe Callahan is just playing on our expectations which have been engrained for decades. We don't pay OLs top money. What I'm
saying is that we don't have any choice if we expect to be competitive anytime soon.

I'm probably just wasting electrons with this, but did the Chiefs fall apart when they signed Thuney for big money? Did the Niners
when they signed Trent Williams? Maybe I'm just growing tired of watching every good player we draft walk after a couple of years
We need to keep Owenu end of story.

You can count on a couple of hands the amount of drafted players who have received second contracts here the last decade plus.

Back