The 2024 Draft

The next Pats QB needs to have the arm talent of Jordan Love.
I am on board for drafting WR/OT with our 1st and bringing in any of a handful of FA, or otherwise attainable QB's, Love being one of them. As long as we're still drafting another QB later. This is under the scenario that Bill is still here. If he's not, then I think it depends on who takes over, maybe that changes the approach.

2003 season finale where az beat minn and knocked them out of the playoffs,while it dropped az from the #1 overall pick to the #4 overall pick allowed them to avoid picking eli average manning and they ended up with larry fitzgerald,a TRUE h.o.f. caliber player instead.
#justsayin'

2003 season finale where az beat minn and knocked them out of the playoffs,while it dropped az from the #1 overall pick to the #4 overall pick allowed them to avoid picking eli average manning and they ended up with larry fitzgerald,a TRUE h.o.f. caliber player instead.
#justsayin'
when you're justsayin', I'm just listenin" !

my first mock of what should be a slow, but steady tsunami of them over the next several months

i put a pain staking 45-60 minutes worth of effort into this, so you can take it all the way to the bank... did 1 trade from 34 to 35 to pick up extra 4th

1704597825953.png

1. Marvin Harrison Jr. - Don't love a WR here, but he's a clear cut, zero questions, elite WR1 for whoever drafts him and would solve one of our major issues on offense. Would love to go Tackle here, but just hard to pass this guy
2. My boy Bo Nix!!!! - jk, i dont know very much about Bo Nix but I love his name and i love his game
3. Roman - i just kept seeing elite speed, elite explosiveness, elite big play ability, etc etc etc about this guy... so yea, gimmie some of that sugar
4. Bullock - appears to be one of the top safeties in the country, and could help mitigate any potential losses of Mills, Dugger, etc and give us a true FS type
5. Braelon Allen - basically built like a bulldozer.. almost like that Jacobs guy on the Giants awhile ago, or a Blount type
6. Spann-Ford - we need TEs and i love that name.. dont need any more reasons to draft this beast
7. Muhammad - an absolute STEAL right here.... i think.
8. Yassmin - just to toss another TE on the pile, to see if they stick.. will need someone young to develop once these overpriced TEs contracts run out or get cut

its funny that this was my first draft.. i had posted on reddit, etc about how we cant take MHJ over a Tackle, Tackles are just too hard to find.. but when i kept staring at him with the clock ticking, its like i lost control of my body and took him anyways

then realized later i didnt get a Tackle at all in the entire draft lol...

So I would solve that by using a future pick to trade for someone else's tackle, or to trade up in this draft to get a good T.. or pray there is a high end one available in FA and pull up a dump truck full of cash and pull the lever to smother them in it

This is mock draft 1 of 5000, follow me on OF @JarOfMayo3Inches for more exclusive, sizzling content!

Joe Alt would be the less sexy pick, but he would be an amazing grab at #3 as well

a 6'8" 315lb monster with athleticism, length and girth... which check off my 3 boxes <wink wink>

With the draft order now set, New England can look forward to selecting the future of their franchise with the following picks.

Round 1: Pick 3

Round 2: Pick 34

Round 3: Pick 68

Round 4: Pick 103

Round 5: Pick 135

Round 6: Pick 181

Round 7 (via Chicago Bears): Pick 228

With the draft order now set, New England can look forward to selecting the future of their franchise with the following picks.

Round 1: Pick 3

Round 2: Pick 34

Round 3: Pick 68

Round 4: Pick 103

Round 5: Pick 135

Round 6: Pick 181

Round 7 (via Chicago Bears): Pick 228
So, who are Chicago and Washington taking? Does Harrison fall to 3? Because I can see Chicago and Washington both in play for him, saying 'we like our QB' for whatever reason, and conversely, I could see Williams and Maye going 1, 2.

In which case, the full-court press on Baker Mayfield needs to begin next week, regardless. if you;re taking Harrison, you need someone to throw him the ball, and if you end up with Maye, you need to have someone who can play while Maye learns how to read a defense.

Holy shit. He's a Lazarus Taxon, which is defined as a "an evolutionary line that seems to have disappeared from
the fossil record only to reappear much later". Like a coelacanth.

Still, I think we're good at cornerback, but I like to root for underdogs. Good luck, kid. .
Yes and no. If this year proved anything, we need capable backups.

I just can't, with another year of Myles Bryant. I just can't. We have to do better than that.

What everyone, especially the young fans, needs to finally buckle in for is a real rebuild. This fanbase has been very spoiled, but the team is very deficient in high end talent.

Everyone is going to say you have to take the QB, but reaching for QBs is one of the sure ways to stay on the carousel of suck. Not only do you probably need to pick another QB in a couple of years, you also miss out on an actual talent.

In all likelihood the most talented player in the draft is going to fall in our laps because this is a QB driven league....don't over think it, take MHJ.

...but who is going to throw to him? I don't know, but you can say the same thing about picking a QB...who are they going to throw to? Who is going to protect them?

BPA at a position of need should be the story of this draft.

Sure take a QB, but take a guy with issues in the 3rd or 4th round, not 3rd overall. Use the draft to improve the Offense overall, so that the next QB, likely in '25 or '26, actually has a chance to be successful.

What everyone, especially the young fans, needs to finally buckle in for is a real rebuild. This fanbase has been very spoiled, but the team is very deficient in high end talent.

Everyone is going to say you have to take the QB, but reaching for QBs is one of the sure ways to stay on the carousel of suck. Not only do you probably need to pick another QB in a couple of years, you also miss out on an actual talent.

In all likelihood the most talented player in the draft is going to fall in our laps because this is a QB driven league....don't over think it, take MHJ.

...but who is going to throw to him? I don't know, but you can say the same thing about picking a QB...who are they going to throw to? Who is going to protect them?

Sure take a QB, but take a guy with issues in the 3rd or 4th round, not 3rd overall. Use the draft to improve the Offense overall, so that the next QB, likely in '25 or '26, actually has a chance to be successful.
That's where I've been all along. If MHJ is there at 3, you take him, and you don't think twice about it. There's a pretty good chance he won't be, but I won't cry if Williams and Maye go 1,2.

I use future assets to move up and grab one of the QBs if you like one of them. At some point you need a QB in the draft this year and preferably in the first round. MHJ with a young QB is a good move. Then draft your tackles and look for a 3rd down back.

I use future assets to move up and grab one of the QBs if you like one of them. At some point you need a QB in the draft this year and preferably in the first round. MHJ with a young QB is a good move. Then draft your tackles and look for a 3rd down back.

I disagree, it goes back to how many holes we have to fill, we need future picks as much as we need this years.

In fact the only reach I wouldn't draft MHJ, is to drop back 2 or 3 slots, pick up another 2nd this year, and take one of the OTs.

This team could have a huge bounce back season with just a few big moves, if they can keep its key agents. But half-assing it, or making petty moves, will keep the team at the bottom.

Back