The battle for 1st seed - 2018

Only difference is, Kurt Warner didn't turn the ball over every week. And played pretty much the same on the road, even though they were a dome team.

And Vermeil > Tomlin. Not even close.

True, but I'm talking about the Mike Martz version...not Vermeil.

But, how many games have the Steelers won during Tomlin's tenure where the only reason they won was because they had superior talent and were just able to outclass their opponent in that regard?

True, but I'm talking about the Mike Martz version...not Vermeil.

But, how many games have the Steelers won during Tomlin's tenure where the only reason they won was because they had superior talent and were just able to outclass their opponent in that regard?

Class and Joey Porter should NEVER be implied in the same sentence. Skill maybe? But class? No.

Back to the thesaurus.

Class and Joey Porter should NEVER be implied in the same sentence. Skill maybe? But class? No.

Back to the thesaurus.

class in this instance implies skill level (ie: Brady is in a different class than Osweiler or Tannehill)

Here is another astute assessment of Sunday's performance.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7vjnHwZXgxY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here is another astute assessment of Sunday's performance.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7vjnHwZXgxY" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Love me some Pittsburgh Dad.

You guys are still in the hunt for a bye. Sound be a fun December.

The Squealers' debacle drops them to the #4 and the division is now in play with just a 1/2 game lead over the rat birds. They are no longer a threat for a bye (they still have to go to New Orleans).

The real threat now is Houston. They have a very favorable schedule and can easily run the table.

Colts
@Jets
@Eagles
Jags

KC still has the Chargers, Baltimore, both at home, and @Seattle. I can see a potential 1-2 and a drop to the #3 given the inevitable Andy Reid effect. And we clearly can't sleep on the Chargers. The Thursday nighter on the 13th between them will be huge.

Fasten the seat belts, it's going to be a wild month.

The Squealers' debacle drops them to the #4 and the division is now in play with just a 1/2 game lead over the rat birds. They are no longer a threat for a bye (they still have to go to New Orleans).

The real threat now is Houston. They have a very favorable schedule and can easily run the table.

Colts
@Jets
@Eagles
Jags

KC still has the Chargers, Baltimore, both at home, and @Seattle. I can see a potential 1-2 and a drop to the #3 given the inevitable Andy Reid effect. And we clearly can't sleep on the Chargers. The Thursday nighter on the 13th between them will be huge.

I've been anticipating these last few weeks for a long time. This is when the contenders will be sorted out from the pretenders and will finally be right with the NFL playoff world.

The Pats are the best bet to be the #1 seed. I don't see how there can be any other conclusion.

The Steelers are in the midst of their annual late season melt down. :popcorn:

...nothing to do with coaching though...

Colts
@Jets
@Eagles
Jags

Yes it is going to be a fun and bumpy December (love me some Bette Davis).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKHUGvde7KU

Yes, as for Houston (and for that matter Chargers) could be the sleeper that can take the bye away from the Pats. Hoping that Indy can take them out this weekend giving us a one loss buffer.

As for Pittsburgh, they got a long journey now to the bye. If we hold serve (and especially if we can beat Mia this Sunday) we should out pace Pitt and just need to worry about Houston and the KC/LAC combo.

I've been anticipating these last few weeks for a long time. This is when the contenders will be sorted out from the pretenders and will finally be right with the NFL playoff world.

The Pats are the best bet to be the #1 seed. I don't see how there can be any other conclusion.

I hear yah. It would really help if we can get by Miami this weekend.

KC has the Chargers at home on Thursday night so that is a big help. KC should loose one of the three Balt/LAC/Sea games. If they only lose just one we need to run the table.

Be nice to have a Pats win over Mia, Hou lose to Indy and KC lose to Balt this weekend.

Should be fun. Something tells me that Houston will not be able to run the table and that they should lose one, thereby making our chances for at least a bye very high.

Pats looked solid yesterday and with Pitt faltering, we got a solid shot at finishing 4-0

A quick look at current AFC playoff contenders vs Patriots (with Brady) ...

Ben Roethlisberger: 0 for his last 4
Patrick Mahomes: 0-1
Philip Rivers: 0-7
DeShawn Watson: 0-2 (Texans 0 for last 8)
Joe Flacco: 0 for his last 3 (Lamar Jackson 0-0)

0-17

I'm feeling pretty good about our chances.

0-17

Yeah, but it's all different now. Brady has Osteoperosis and there's a new General in town

0-17

Brady's continued dominance is incredible, would have been incredible at any time in the NFL, but in the cap, free agency, and parity era....Just amazing to do it for so many years.

1st seed looks difficult, but we are still in the lead with regards to the #2 spot and a bye week. We can still lose @Pitt if Houston loses one of their remaining games.

The #1 is still not completely gone, but the Pats needs to finish 3-0. KC still has the Chargers and then @Seattle, never an easy place to play. I'm still concerned about Houston sneaking into the bye. They have 2 lay ups (@Jets, Jax) and @Philly who has been playing better.

Bottom line, if the Pats win out, they get a bye. Worst case, they go 2-1, finish #3,beat the #6 and travel to Houston. I would take the odds on still getting to the AFCCG.

The #1 is still not completely gone, but the Pats needs to finish 3-0. KC still has the Chargers and then @Seattle, never an easy place to play. I'm still concerned about Houston sneaking into the bye. They have 2 lay ups (@Jets, Jax) and @Philly who has been playing better.

Bottom line, if the Pats win out, they get a bye. Worst case, they go 2-1, finish #3,beat the #6 and travel to Houston. I would take the odds on still getting to the AFCCG.

when you say 2 layups, you mean like the JETE and Bills at home? Unless a bedshitting of epic proportions takes place, beating Pittsburgh should all but secure the 2.

Back