The battle for 1st seed - 2018

I appreciate the sentiment on the rest of your quote O.Z.O. but please explain to me how it was the coach's fault in this one?

The play calling and the way game was managed was next to perfect.
We should have won going away...

How about calling an infrequently used RPO play 2 yards from the goal line knowing Denver's D-Line would pack it in and rush the gaps to blow it all up. Ben isn't versed in such RPO usage yet he was asked to do it during the most critical play of the game. That seems the coach's fault to me. Now which coach exactly, OC or HC, IDK.

I appreciate the sentiment on the rest of your quote O.Z.O. but please explain to me how it was the coach's fault in this one?

Big Ben is a Big Dummy...does that help? :coffee:

one word-

preparation

That play at the end of the game was poorly executed because they weren't prepared to run it. Every year there is something that happens along the way that they just aren't prepared for. It's ALWAYS coaching in those instances. This is why fans accuse the Pats of cheating...because their own team's coaching staff just doesn't prepare the same way. How many times do you need to see it play out this way? Tomlin is a clown.

Play calling may have been perfect, but 4 turnovers= piss poor execution. That negates great play calling.

1 step closer to HFA throughout the playoffs, BB's master plan is slowly coming into fruition.

How about calling an infrequently used RPO play 2 yards from the goal line knowing Denver's D-Line would pack it in and rush the gaps to blow it all up. Ben isn't versed in such RPO usage yet he was asked to do it during the most critical play of the game. That seems the coach's fault to me. Now which coach exactly, OC or HC, IDK.

ultimately the HC. Like I said, it's all about preparation. Don't run a play you're not fully prepared to run. The Steelers remind me a lot of the Rams during the Greatest Show on Turf days. Probably more talent on offense than any other team in the league, but constant turnovers and piss poor clock management. Still won a huge number of games and were always in the hunt.

–Under Bill Belichick, here’s a look at where the Patriots have stood every season after 11 games — 2017: 9-2; 2016: 9-2; 2015: 10-1; 2014: 9-2; 2013: 8-3; 2012: 8-3; 2011: 8-3; 2010: 9-2; 2009: 7-4; 2008: 7-4; 2007: 11-0; 2006: 8-3; 2005: 6-5; 2004: 10-1; 2003: 9-2; 2002: 6-5; 2001: 6-5; 2000: 3-8.

:coffee:

–Under Bill Belichick, here’s a look at where the Patriots have stood every season after 11 games — 2017: 9-2; 2016: 9-2; 2015: 10-1; 2014: 9-2; 2013: 8-3; 2012: 8-3; 2011: 8-3; 2010: 9-2; 2009: 7-4; 2008: 7-4; 2007: 11-0; 2006: 8-3; 2005: 6-5; 2004: 10-1; 2003: 9-2; 2002: 6-5; 2001: 6-5; 2000: 3-8.

:coffee:

I still have nightmares about the 2007 season and Superbowl 42. That's the only game in Pats history that i wish i could change. I dont really care about any of the other Superbowl losses.

one word-

preparation

That play at the end of the game was poorly executed because they weren't prepared to run it. Every year there is something that happens along the way that they just aren't prepared for. It's ALWAYS coaching in those instances. This is why fans accuse the Pats of cheating...because their own team's coaching staff just doesn't prepare the same way. How many times do you need to see it play out this way? Tomlin is a clown.

Play calling may have been perfect, but 4 turnovers= piss poor execution. That negates great play calling.

Last play was a fuster cluck because of the snap. Kaka happens.

If you watched the game... the turnovers, well can't see how you put that on an idiot coach.

one word-

preparation

Exactly.

For Fvck sake, they even gave you video of behind the curtain. Belichick is greater than Sauron. Nothing escapes his eye.

They repped and repped the Butler play in preparation. Lo and behold the very play presents itself. Preparedness.

Coaching.

Exactly.

For Fvck sake, they even gave you video of behind the curtain. Belichick is greater than Sauron. Nothing escapes his eye.

They repped and repped the Butler play in preparation. Lo and behold the very play presents itself. Preparedness.

Coaching.

Now just hold on there. Butler is the greatest CB ever and how could BB not play him.

If you watched the game... the turnovers, well can't see how you put that on an idiot coach.

You missed the rest of my point. How many years has it been something with the Steelers? How many times have they come up short over the last decade? How many years have we heard about them having the most talent?

What is the constant? You just don't want to admit it, but you know that come January they're going to shit the bed again. Something will go wrong. You guys will blame Ben, or the OC, or turnovers...but the bottom line is that, through preparation and accountability, the HC is responsible for the team in the best position to win. That doesn't just mean Xs and Os. Do you honestly feel like Tomlin puts this team in the best position to win? How infrequently do the Pats turn the ball over? Turnovers are generally a result of execution. Execution is a result of preparation. Preparation is a result of coaching.

A coach would prepare him. Tell him he can’t throw it if a DL drops. Can’t throw it if a CB is in man and is in front of the targeted WR. Both instances happened. And he still threw. Unprepared. Poorly coached.

Now just hold on there. Butler is the greatest CB ever and how could BB not play him.

He isn’t at all. But for that play Bill had him ready.

And you’re confusing two separate instances. I’ll go to my grave believing he could’ve done no worse than what we presented against Phillie.

A coach would prepare him. Tell him he can’t throw it if a DL drops. Can’t throw it if a CB is in man and is in front of the targeted WR. Both instances happened. And he still threw. Unprepared. Poorly coached.

The laughable part is that they were facing an equally incompetent coach (completely unprepared for a fake FG), but Denver was fully prepared for that play.

Even Petey Carroll will tell Russell Wilson 'If it's not there, throw it away'.

Every single systemic failure of the Pittsburgh Steelers since Noll left, can be put squarely at the feet of the HC. Their fans are moron hillbillies, so they blame everything but. :coffee:

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

I think the Stealers should just keep Tomlin as their head coach forever...for all of the obvious reasons. :coffee:

Yup, Todd Bowles, Tomlin, Marvin Lewis, whoever that dope is in Miami or Buffalo (they're the same guy, right? Prove they're not), Dan Quinn, Mike McCarthy...please, keep them all.

Every single systemic failure of the Pittsburgh Steelers since Noll left, can be put squarely at the feet of the HC. Their fans are moron hillbillies, so they blame everything but. :coffee:

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

Yup, Todd Bowles, Tomlin, Marvin Lewis, whoever that dope is in Miami or Buffalo (they're the same guy, right? Prove they're not), Dan Quinn, Mike McCarthy...please, keep them all.

All I want for Christmas is HC lifetime contracts across the league.

I was just now talking to Jr. about this. You know who the Steelers are...? They're a slightly less accomplished version of the Greatest Show on Turf Rams. When they pull it all together it's a sight to behold. They win a bunch of games based solely on overwhelming their opponents with talent. Turnovers and clock mismanagement are a weekly occurrence, yet they are so deep and talented on offense they're able to overcome these fuck ups on a regular basis. That's why the Pats inevitably bend them over for their annual pants down spanking and blow every body's minds.

I was just now talking to Jr. about this. You know who the Steelers are...? They're a slightly less accomplished version of the Greatest Show on Turf Rams. When they pull it all together it's a sight to behold. They win a bunch of games based solely on overwhelming their opponents with talent. Turnovers and clock mismanagement are a weekly occurrence, yet they are so deep and talented on offense they're able to overcome these fuck ups on a regular basis. That's why the Pats inevitably bend them over for their annual pants down spanking and blow every body's minds.

Only difference is, Kurt Warner didn't turn the ball over every week. And played pretty much the same on the road, even though they were a dome team.

And Vermeil > Tomlin. Not even close.

Back